Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

135i REview

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 01:35 PM
135i REview

Thought i would give a quick over view of my drive. The new 135i is fantastic i could not believe the power right from the start. Well just looking from the outside the Black Sapphire Metallic was beautiful. Looking at the paint the metallic was beautiful as is glistened in the sunlight. The lines on this car are wonderful, very sporty but yet still refined. Popping open the hood looking at the 3.0 liter straight 6 with the small twin turbos waiting to be spooled up just sitting there. Of course like most cars now adays the engine was coved with a thick layer of plastic to cover most of the engine.

I first opened the door and took a quick seat inside. The coral red Boston leather wrapped around me and made me feel like it was in the cockpit of much more upscale automobile. The power seat with memory fit me perfect with just the right amount of lumbar support. The M steering wheel fit perfect into my hand with all of the controls perfectly laid out and easy to get to. This trip did not consist of audio or any of the other controls except driving.

Pushing the key into the ignition and with the push of the button the deep roar of the engine came to life. Of course if you want to drive the car you need to push the button on the center of the dash called DTC. DTC is BMW traction/stability if you do drive this make sure you push and hold the DTC button until it is completely off because they has 1/2 off and 100% off.

Stepping on the brake and moving the shift lever to manual mode letting me use the polished aluminum paddle shifters on the steering wheel. I could not believe how smooth the shifter is, this is just pulling out of the parking lot. First thing i noticed is when I down shifted to first coming to a stop the engine blips itself before down shifting making it seamless. I turn my blinker on to take a left turn, with the mash of the gas the engine comes to life. The car spins sideways with the engine screaming and the tires roaring. Looking at the curb coming at me and me counter steering I let off with the car instantly grabing traction back and just taking off. A quick flick of the fingers and it was spinning in second gear with the car getting kinda squirly in the rear end again. I could not believe how fast the turbos spooled and the tq was there almost instant.

Well the cornering in the 135i is also fantastic. I didn't get a lot of time in the car but for the small curves I did get it was flat and even. The turn in was fantastic and the power over was outstanding, 300 hp in this car is more then fun is really dangerous for the common driver w/o the traction control on. If you are looking at a g37 or something in the 35k range I would suggest taking a look at this car. I would like to get a little more time behind the wheel but with the 6 speed.

thanks for reading

Last edited by showoff3civic; 03-25-2008 at 03:47 PM.