Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Honda Fit verses Scion xD

Old 05-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Honda Fit verses Scion xD

I haven't yet bought a Fit and I'm considering a few models and I'm not sure when I'll be able to buy but definately within the next 15 months.

But it's mostly down to the Fit or xD. The xD is actually the closest and most obvious competitor to the Fit so I'm not sure why that fact doesn't get much attention. Why do people compare "Fit vs. Yaris" so often when they are not even the same body style or price point? The Fit and xD are almost identical in size, price, ect. and are both 5 door hatches.

It's the hardest choice I've ever been faced with!

They both offer their own advantages and even though similar, they're so different. The xD's 20 HP advantage is one of it's most compelling features (and only 1 mpg lower).
Here's the only publication that has put each head to head... :popc:

Comparison Test: 2007 Honda Fit Sport vs. 2008 Scion xD

Surprised?

It still doesn't make my decision any easier though.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
people are getting 40+mpg in the fit. i REALLY doubt you could do that in an xd. they have pig motors. 1.8L engine with 125HP? that's weak.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
people are getting 40+mpg in the fit. i REALLY doubt you could do that in an xd. they have pig motors. 1.8L engine with 125HP? that's weak.
I've seen people get 40 mpg in an xD. They are rated 27/33 with a stick. The Fit is 28/34 with a stick. Interesting considering 19 more HP. But remember, the xD doesn't have to work as hard so it makes it efficient.

Just look at the bigger more powerful Civic and Corolla. They are both rated at 36 mpg highway which seems to go against the logic of smaller engine = more efficiency.

Oh, and the xD's engine is the new '09 Corolla's engine. Nothing to sneeze at.

Last edited by Fitter, Happier; 05-18-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member
the xd was one of the cars we were looking at getting but with the fit had more overall room and we have been getting over 40 mpg on the highway and in high 30's for the city

Old 05-18-2008, 10:24 PM
big reason why I didn't get a xd is because it is smaller not as roomy on driver side and for rest of passengers.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
im sorry if im out on left field here but the XD is the biggest hep of SHITTTT i have ever had to wash my hands of. now i like Toyota and i even like the tc and xb but that xd is a freaking embarrassment to the word car. lol does it even come with alloy wheels haha? bro please i beg of you to buy the Fit.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:42 PM
5 Year Member
im glad im not the only one. the XD is a pos. it's SO FREAKIN small inside. i don't feel safe driving them at work. LOL. no headroom
Originally Posted by gd3kamiwanaB
im sorry if im out on left field here but the XD is the biggest hep of SHITTTT i have ever had to wash my hands of. now i like Toyota and i even like the tc and xb but that xd is a freaking embarrassment to the word car. lol does it even come with alloy wheels haha? bro please i beg of you to buy the Fit.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Banned
Good luck with your decision. Wearing my "English Teacher" hat---
vs. = versus (as opposed to), Latin.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by gd3kamiwanaB
I wouldn't call it a POS. Hey, Edmunds picked it as the winner of the two.
Numerous alloys are available at the dealer. And remember, the xD has 16's compared to the Fit's 15's.

What's wrong with it exactly?

Old 05-18-2008, 10:53 PM
im glad im not the only one. the XD is a pos. it's SO FREAKIN small inside. i don't feel safe driving them at work. LOL. no headroom
:confused: Yes, it has less space but only by about 4 cu. ft.
It is just as safe as the Fit and also has available stability control.
Headroom is only about 1" less.

I know this it's probably stupid to ask opinions on a Fit forum about a competitor but we should show a little less bias and give the credit where do.

:)

Old 05-18-2008, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
edmunds picked it as the winner because it came with an IPOD stereo. funny thing is, the scion XB, XD, and TC are equipped with the ipod hookup as a standard feature... but the stereo is optional. :rotfl:
Originally Posted by Fitter, Happier
I wouldn't call it a POS. Hey, Edmunds picked it as the winner of the two.
Numerous alloys are available at the dealer. And remember, the xD has 16's compared to the Fit's 15's.

What's wrong with it exactly?

Old 05-18-2008, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member

I know this it's probably stupid to ask opinions on a Fit forum about a competitor but we should show a little less bias and give the credit where do.

i work for toyota/scion. i COULD have gotten a base model toyota/scion vehicle and gotten all the optional parts from work AT COST. and yet i chose to get a honda vehicle. no bias here. just stating the facts.

i originally wanted to get a 1st gen xb, but at the time of purchase all the 06 models were sold. and im not impressed with the new gen xb

Old 05-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!

i give all the credit in the world to tc and xb but i mean look at it for get the wheels and head room and storage really look at the car IT IS BUT UGLY !!!!!! it looks a like a retarded blow fish

Old 05-18-2008, 11:03 PM
edmunds picked it as the winner because it came with an IPOD stereo. funny thing is, the scion XB, XD, and TC are equipped with the ipod hookup as a standard feature... but the stereo is optional. :rotfl:
Come on now, you know that's not true. The xD comes standard with a Pioneer sound system. It also has an optional upgraded stereo as well as an optional Nav unit.

And Edmunds picked the xD because of it's more powerful engine and performance, more standard features, smoother ride, ect. Not the iPod feature.

Not trying to sell everyone on the xD, just stating facts. Remember, I still don't know which one I want.

Last edited by Fitter, Happier; 05-25-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
Come on now, you know that's not true. The xD comes standard with a Pioneer sound system. It also has an optional upgraded stereo as well as an optional Nav unit.

And Edmunds picked the xD because of it's more powerful engine and performance, more standard features, smoother rider, ect. Not the iPod feature.

Not trying to sell everyone on the xD, just stating facts. Remember, I still don't know which one I want.

lol that 1.8 vvt-i engine is an old hore its been around and its old technology and its in like 8 difffrent cars including Pontiac

Old 05-18-2008, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member

And Edmunds picked the xD because of it's more powerful engine and performance, more standard features, smoother rider, ect. Not the iPod feature.

idk dude, we send out a LOT of scions stereo-less. as for the upgraded stereos, meh. i wouldn't pay what the part costs.

think about this. 20 years ago honda and toyota came out with two econoboxes. the CRX (affectionately known as god's chariot) and the tercel. which one is respected today?....

Old 05-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
idk dude, we send out a LOT of scions stereo-less. as for the upgraded stereos, meh. i wouldn't pay what the part costs.

think about this. 20 years ago honda and toyota came out with two econoboxes. the CRX (affectionately known as god's chariot) and the tercel. which one is respected today?....

wow GREAT compare dude i forgot all about lol HONDA FTMFW!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Old 05-18-2008, 11:52 PM
What you need to do is to drive them both; as close as back-to-back as possible. That's what I did. The xD was a nice car, but the Fit felt much better to me. I like the looks of the Fit better, as well. You can look at performance numbers all you want, but it is all about the feel to you. The Fit felt better on the highway and in cornering to me than the xD. I liked the space and configuration of the Fit better; many more seating options and it is roomier. It does get slightly better mileage.

Any performance advantage that the xD has is truly negligible. Neither one of these cars is a speed demon, but the Fit to me is much more fun to drive and you feel like your driving a sporty car. I didn't get that feel in the xD.

I didn't even consider the Yaris as it is just plain ugly. I looked at the Versa and was completely and totally unimpressed; I didn't even try to be nice to the salesman and lie to him about it. Both the Yaris and the Versa are in a completely different (lower) class, in my view. The xD is comparable, but I'm voting for the Fit...I drove both within the last three weeks and ended up with the Fit this week.

Drive them both, check out all the features, and make your decision. Don't let the salesman decide for you.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:38 AM
1.8L + 125HP = smaller corolla

Why didn't toyota just add a corolla wagon since they've added all the extra friggin weight to the new ones after 2000?

Also, HP doesn't mean much unless you're racing. I suggest you test drive both and see which one you like better. Also note that you can control your gears with paddles with the sport auto, if you choose to go automatic. Can't do it with a scion/toyota auto causing engine braking + wear & tear over long run. When I had my automatic corolla they recomended engine rebuilding at 80K miles according to service manuals....uhhh...dunno if that changed now. But for Fit, no tune up for approx. 100K miles. So you can expect the fit engine to last at least 100K miles unless you abuse it.

Old 05-19-2008, 02:28 PM
I just think the Fit vs xD comparo is unfair, since the xD is a new model, and our Fit has been out in Japan for 7 years. They should have waited till next year to compare the xD to the Fit. That way, it would be roughly on par for comparison.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Honda Fit verses Scion xD