Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Honda Fit verses Scion xD

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitter, Happier
It is obviously a polarizing design as some love it, others hate it.

But that's exactly how Toyota intended it. That's what Scion is about.
Just look at the 1st gen xB. They didn't design that with everyone in mind. Scion is a very small niche brand on purpose.

For me, I really like the xD's styling. One of the best looking small cars available and in many ways the design works more than the Fit's.

care to elaborate? aside from the sliding backseat, you can still stuff more into the fit.

i will agree that it was a thin win, and it was not due to performance. Had their fit been brand new, it would have left the xd further behind. but like you said, feature content and a more agreeable ride is what got the votes for the xd...the comparison could have been totally different had someone on the edmunds staff who valued performance over standard content had been conducting the test. I could very easily see them concluding that while the fit had short comings, it was dynamically a better car, while being more affordable. ( i stopped to look at a fit sport today, manual, it was a hair over 15k. i really don't see the huge advantage that the xd offers. the xa was significantly cheaper, but not so much the xd.)

Old 05-22-2008, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
read this on insideline this morning, thought some of you would find it interesting.

Scion Sales Outlook: Can a Cult Car Survive Success?.*

Old 05-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by eldaino
care to elaborate? aside from the sliding backseat, you can still stuff more into the fit.
I was talking about exterior styling. I agree the Fit has the best interior out there and is what really attracts me to the Fit.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitter, Happier
I was talking about exterior styling. I agree the Fit has the best interior out there and is what really attracts me to the Fit.

ah i see. so you prefer the xd on the outside. I like the interior of it, and i will admit the exterior has presence, but i just can't warm up to it. the fits looks are more of a form follows function.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Being in my mid-50's, I was looking for a car that was efficient, small, but roomy. My wife wanted to have a car that would be easy to load (we have a small computer business here and are always picking up personal computers). We came down to either the Scion xD or the Honda Fit. We chose the Honda Fit for 2 reasons:
1- Better gas mileage (but not much)
2- More interior storage room

We felt the Scion had the edge with the stability control but when all was said and done, we chose the Fit for the two reasons above.

I don't think anyone could go wrong with either car; it's more personal preference than anything else IMHO.

Novarod (both cars are winners)