Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Why the fit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Why the fit?

I was wondering what resons everyone has for chosing the Fit over the Yaris for example. I was hoping for reasons beyond looks. G/f is considering both and I wanna make sure we get the right car for us.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
Build Quality, Style, Reputation

I own 2 hondas they are some of hte best built cars ive ever seen, and they both are still kicking ass 21 and 17years later.

The Fit IMO looks good, lowered it looks perfect.

And Honda has always had a good reputation, every car but one(EP3) theyve built has done pretty much what its ment to, plus tons more.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:29 AM
5 Year Member
For me, the Fit is a much better performing car than the Yaris, and with more tuning potential as well. Also, the Yaris is only a 3 door hatch(stupid), which is useless to me (and doesn't look as good as the 5door version). Both I'd say would have excellent build quality and reliablity, but the Fit is put together nicer and feels more upscale. Considering that a Yaris w/ similar options to the Fit is about the same price or higher, I see no reason to buy the Yaris.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:20 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by NOVA4809
I was wondering what resons everyone has for chosing the Fit over the Yaris for example. I was hoping for reasons beyond looks. G/f is considering both and I wanna make sure we get the right car for us.

The fit is a great car, because altho it is an econobox, it does not feel cheap. This is the main reason why it ranks #1 in so many magazines. Econoboxes are associated with cheap feel, cheap materials, etc.

The fit. STep inside. It feels expensive. It looks nice. The design, everything. Even the stock radio; i can't imagine replacing it cuz it looks so good and it is funcitonal. The shifter (for stick shift) is so smooth. It's hard to misshift. Even paddles for the auto; what econobox has that??? And it is said it is smoother than BMWs manumatic shifters. Unlike yaris, it is a full 5 speed.

Don't get yaris. Yaris is always lowly ranked. The car that is second to fit is versa. Peple rank kia rio 5 higher than the yaris. There is only one reason to get the yaris: mileage. The yaris is too cheap. It shifts badly. the plastics are ugly. The inside is ugly.

In general, fit is a great econobox, because it's an econobox that doesn't feel cheap. It's always fun to drive; heck i'd say its the most fun you'll have driving a slow car. I enjoy it more than my mom's acura RDX.

Last edited by Gordio; 03-07-2007 at 04:22 AM.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NOVA4809
Let's not forget that "looks" play an important part in the majority of decisions that we make. As a general rule, most people take care in how they look, what they wear, and yes, what they drive. My decision was based primarily on my experience w/Honda dependability, economy, and the fact that the Fit just REALLY looked good to me! I just don't think anyone could be happy making payments for 4,5,or 6 years on a car that they don't like the looks of; but then again that's just my opinion.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Banned
Please see forum Fit and other car comparisions plety of answers in there IF YOU LOOK. closed