Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

CRZ specs screwy, complete Honda failure, IMO

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenoshainflames
i traded my fit for one after i drove it.

I'll look for it @ The Brat Stop or Cheese Castle

Old 09-08-2010, 08:39 PM
I never go to those places ;)

Old 09-08-2010, 09:38 PM
I went to test drive one today but they didn't have a stick but the sales lady took my name and number down and will call me when it comes in. I've gotta tell say guys/gals, this car is stunning inperson and that interior, especially in the darker color, is AWESOME!!! I will say though, the wheels have gotta go (no biggie obviously) and I remember seeing a Euro-spec one with white Mugen wheels in 18" size with a drop and it was stunning.

As far as mileage goes, well, I'm sure its way better on fuel than the window stickers says, I mean who here with a 5AT gets 35 on the freeway, not me, the worse I've gotten is 36 and that was when it wasn't even broken in yet. Right now I average anywhere between 38-43 hwy mileage and if you look under the large mileage numbers you'll see those "range" numbers and that's more what we get.

I really, really, really like this car, alot!

Old 09-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenoshainflames
i traded my fit for one after i drove it.
Looks good in white. Looks terrible in some other colors though (such as blue or silver).

Old 09-13-2010, 12:13 AM
I went out to cruise some Santa Cruise Mountains backroads today, and stopped by Ocean Honda to stretch my legs and give my butt a rest from seat leather for a few... good enough excuse to take a gander at the CR-Z

I didn't drive it, but sat in it for a few. I loved it:

Way more comfortable seats, better seat fabric, and a FAR nicer looking interior.

The rear storage bins are kinda funky - it's like they got 3/4 of the way done with the rear seats, and realized that no human could fit there, so they turned them into storage bins. There are lights back there that obviously are inserted into the rear seatbelt slots. And for fark sake, it's got armrests back there (about as nice as our front door armrests, but I digress!).

To have the basic performance of the Fit (which is slow, but entertaining), with some low end grunt tossed in, and a 6 speed manual? Sign me up.

If I didn't have kids, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HOLY FIT!!
heres a fun game....

name the last car that honda made that was a complete flop if not incredibly successful...

anybody?.... yeah i didnt think so either.

ding ding ding we have a winner!

Old 09-13-2010, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
I keep reading about folks complaining about the MPG's on the CRZ but aren't you people forgetting something??..."ZERO emissions" so stop comparing it to earlier non hybrid Honda's because it's apples to oranges.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by bmxman
I keep reading about folks complaining about the MPG's on the CRZ but aren't you people forgetting something??..."ZERO emissions" so stop comparing it to earlier non hybrid Honda's because it's apples to oranges.
What? Are you referring to PZEV status? Because zero emissions from an ICE is a physical impossibility (aside from towing a greenhouse behind it! ;-) )

Old 09-13-2010, 02:38 AM
Originally Posted by HOLY FIT!!
heres a fun game....

name the last car that honda made that was a complete flop if not incredibly successful...

anybody?.... yeah i didnt think so either.
The Passport, & that was isuzu that made that

Old 09-13-2010, 02:48 AM
Originally Posted by buttersandpaper
The Passport, & that was isuzu that made that
That late 90's early 00's period had quite a few Hondas that were either discontinued or replaced.

Passport (replaced by Pilot)
del Sol (dropped)
Civic hatchback (dropped)
Prelude (dropped)
Odyssey (awkward Euro style people-carrier replaced with real US-style minivan)

Of course, it also saw the introduction of new Honda models (S2000, CR-V,) and the continued expansion of the Accord into a new market class (true midsize, now fullsize family sedan instead of a Grand-Am esque compact). It saw Honda expanding from a niche manufacturer of compact cars to something closer to a full line automaker. Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing is subjective.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
not sure if anyone posted this already, but while honda's tinkering with a low performance hybrid, here's wat nissan's offering...

Old 09-20-2010, 10:54 AM
test drove one (A/T)... was ok but not really that impressed.

exterior looks good but the interior is sweet. there was one fitted with all the dress trimming options (c/f abs hybrids and meshes with 18" wheel)... definitely a looker.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, all thats missing is power... seems like this car was designed as an alternative to the middle aged male Prius owner that drive normally and likes to go touring a lot but not really a car enthusist type.

i think my old pops might like it.