Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Scion XB is for kids, is the Fit for us old folks?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 11:32 AM
wow. well executed. i think this thread can come to a rest now

Old 12-25-2006, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
I bought the Fit because it was a Honda and I wanted it (although i do see many retiree's driving it and i do want to tell them about fit freak - but they might think im a crazy person).
I hope every age can enjoy this superior vehicle! (Honda Propaganda)

Old 12-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by BenDF
Both markets are buying this vehicle. The older people are buying them for the fuel economy/price factors.

We buy these, and tear out the interior, do engine swaps, bodykits, etc. etc.

It's an awesome car for the price, and the possibilities are endless. There is going to be ALOT of aftermarket support for this car.
Hi Ben. I recognized your handle from Prime.. Is Downforce going to be making parts for the fit also? I might be getting one in the near future.

Old 01-12-2007, 04:07 PM
buick and cadillac have seen problems with their demographics. their owners are dying in huge numbers. THOSE are old people cars. a smart company markets less expensive cars to younger folks in order to breed a brand whore mentality--honda isn't too bad at this.

i don't think the fit is purposely marketed to older folks. i think it's just a result of being a slow reliable car with enough room for a dozen jars of marmelade, 6 boxes of discount (double coupon'd) detergent, and a walker :p

<--28, getting married, a fit, putting the boys in a jar for a couple years in hopes of scoring a 5dr sti. may not happen. north american market is crap.

Old 02-04-2007, 08:38 PM
ahh haha this is a question i have in my mind right now...

i currently own a 04' Scion XB (bB). I love my car, it was the first car i got two years ago. I love it! i am thinking of trading it in for the Fit, but i still yet have to test drive one to see if i like it.

Although the xb may be lagging in speed i love the interior space it has, and wonder if i am going to be sacrificing all that space for the Fit. Its heavily modified and won three local shows in my area. But so far locally in my small town i have only seen 1 Fit, in blue and thats about it. But most of you are right with the XB, many older women drive them, my town is populated with scion and really want to get out of it. there are literally about 17 TC's, 22XB's, 10XA's.. as i was part of the Scion Evolution club in NOVA. :) but i am possibly going to be getting the Milano Red or Taffeta White Fit if i like the test drive tomorrrow :)

Old 02-04-2007, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wootoosh
Although the xb may be lagging in speed i love the interior space it has, and wonder if i am going to be sacrificing all that space for the Fit.
The Fit has a MUCH larger(deeper) trunk. so you could definitely fit more sound back there.
:)

Interior wise it's about the same really/
same up right seating position.
same tallish feel