Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Best Bolt-on Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
Best Bolt-on Turbo Kit

who makes the best bolt-on turbo kit for the GE?
price wise/hp gain?

Last edited by phenoyz; 06-21-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
I don't doubt it can be done If you do it yourself. Fabricating the piping will cost a pretty penny labor wise if you had to pay for it to be custom made. I wish it was as easy as just buying the manifold

Old 06-21-2011, 02:45 AM
5 Year Member
I own a gd3 but still I'd love to build a turbo kit for my gd3 costing 1k give or take

Old 06-21-2011, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
That link is some good stuff however my knowledge on turbos is not vast enough to the point that I'll know exactly how to fit and fab all the components. Nor do I have the power tools etc... I wish it was that easy

Old 06-21-2011, 03:06 AM
Then maybe going boosted, kit or DIY is not for you.

But again, it IS that easy.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
DIY - No seriously. There are NO existing boost options for the USDM Fits, or even the LHD markets in general.

Buy the manifold from Neukin or for an R18 with whatever turbine flange you desire, then bolt it on. Bolt on said desired turbo. Have a muffler shop weld up an exhaust.

Buy an oil pan from college hills Honda for ~$150, tap it for a whatever oil line fittings you choose. You can buythe lines pre-assembled.

Buy yourself the AEM FIC-6 30-1910 and Boomslang harness.

Everything else is universal. Seriously.

When all is said and done my build will have cost ~US$1000, shop patiently and wisely. You will be rewarded in the long run.
Ok so I've been interested in doing a custom kit and I know it does work out cheaper than purchasing a kit but $1000 is a bit low no? And intercooler, manifold and decent turbo is gonna run you $1000+ and we haven't even looked at oil pan, lines, piping, exhaust, bov, electronics so I'd be interested in seeing that kit built for 1K cause I'd go for it.. Can you do a list of items that add up to a grand? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but I went to Neuken and the manifold is $500 I went to turbonetics and garret and the turbos are $600+

Old 07-03-2011, 01:06 PM
this wouldn't be my first kit.. I had an LS Turbo running a Drag 3 kit.. But some bastards stole the car :(

Old 03-31-2012, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by gmane
Ok so I've been interested in doing a custom kit and I know it does work out cheaper than purchasing a kit but $1000 is a bit low no? And intercooler, manifold and decent turbo is gonna run you $1000+ and we haven't even looked at oil pan, lines, piping, exhaust, bov, electronics so I'd be interested in seeing that kit built for 1K cause I'd go for it.. Can you do a list of items that add up to a grand? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but I went to Neuken and the manifold is $500 I went to turbonetics and garret and the turbos are $600+
ROFL! True that!! I was looking at that as a dog cocks its head sideways. I calculated everything I am getting for mine and it came out to be around $4000....so maybe buying a aftermarket kit is just as good.

I am doing a after-cat turbo setup. So does the AEM F/IC work on the 2nd Gen Fit models??? I am trying to find a damn ECU Piggy Back system but nothing so far but this kinda helps me out but still need to be sure before I buy this and it doesn't work. But I think the guy made a typo, he sounds like he knows what he is talking about. Other than the ECU what are the intercooler pipe sizes?? I already know about the exhaust setup I am just curious on the size of the piping if there is a size. I am first time turbo builder so just getting info everywhere. I am also going to use a Garrett GT3271R so after I get out of service I will K swap the fit and be able to use the GT3271R with the K series. :P Baller!!! Beating Vipers in no time baby! Lol true story there is a YouTube vid of a EG walking a Viper bahahahaha! So sick! K Series Swap Boosted in the Fit would dominate all!

Old 03-31-2012, 09:40 AM
I could see how you would be skeptical.. when you have no idea what you are doing and have never done it before.

By the way all said and done, my first turbo setup for the GD cost me just shy of $1300. More than a few other GD guys have been able to do this as well, most opt to over build though. Which I try to encourage so they have room to grow later on.

A GE owner that I worked with, Lyon, had his up and running in a month with only ~$1200 invested. The other GE owners I've done custom setups for so far were all overseas with healthy budgets and were aiming for big power.

I've been boosting, tuning and blending primary fuels and secondary fuel systems on ICE and HCCI motors for the better part of a decade now. I design, consult and build so as you can imagine there are some tricks you pick up in addition to suppliers and fabricators along the way.

If you want help, I can design a solution for you. I give FF.net members a discount, especially if I am only providing consulting. PM me for rates if you are serious.

Please have a concise set of goals in terms of peak power, where you would like that power or a trap/ET.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 03-31-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Ahhhh thats why its so low, we don't get discounts like that, the only discount I get is for being in the military lol. No but I have someone helping me out that knows about Turbos but we are stuck on finding something that works as a piggy back system for the GE. Now does the AEM F/IC like you posted earlier way up at the beggining of the thread work on the GE?

Old 03-31-2012, 11:19 AM
Someone who "knows turbos" is telling you to put the same turbo you intend to use on an otherwise stock L15A7 on a K20x?

This is in addition to the fact that he is suggesting you rear mount a ~40lb/min turbo.. after both stock cats? On a high comp 1.5L?

Let alone a 64mm turbine inducer with a 71mm exducer compressor. What A/R turbine housing is he recommending?

Not that it really matters as this takes pretty much all the corrected exhaust gas flow a stock Fit produces at peak tq just to load up the turbine and start to create positive intake pressure, and at an appalling supercharger-like ~64% turbine efficiency max.. even in the small .69A/R housing (P# 435066-32)

That is a recipe for an expensive disappointment and not to mention failure if you f*ck up the oil scavenging.

Good luck with fitting a couple dozen feet of oil line, exhaust and charge piping with as little ground clearance and room as the GEs have.

I think you need to find someone that actually knows what they are talking about or at least share what hes smoking with the rest of us.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 03-31-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Lol I don't know, I get him to look up everything for me since I don't know what I am doing. Ok so what do you think I should do? I already found AEM F/IC 6 and the Tru Boost Controller. What type turbo should I use for the time being that I have the stock L15? I am making a list and so far most of that has been shot down. Any good products or parts you recommend? I would really like to boost the GE to get something out of it instead of selling it for something else. I mean I already customized it somewhat so I don't want to get rid of it now. :/
But yea Turbo, size piping or where to get it, what do I need to do with the oil lines, intercooler size. Stuff like that I would like to know. And did Lyon only pay $1200 for turbo and parts like what I need? Or is that with everything? Gauges, boost controller, piggy back system, ect.
Help would be great if you can give it. Thanks

Old 03-31-2012, 12:29 PM
Like I said if you are truly interested and can nail down some goals we can discuss rates via PM. I accept payment via paypal. My time and project specific design comes at a price.

But please have a concise idea of what you want, per my original response to you, before sending a PM.

Because it would just be consulting at this stage, it would be at considerable discount since you are an FF.net member.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
Not trying to start anything but I would never pay for advice not discussed in person. This is the first time seeing something like this. You definitely know what your talking about but not enough for me to hand money to someone I've never met so I can get a message back on what to buy. I have a trust issue. But like I said you definitely know what your talking about and if this guy wants to go turbo he needs to buy a 92-95 civic b or d series and get a ebay turbo kit, cheap and easy(just not reliable).

Old 04-08-2012, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Guy with 6 posts calling out dude with like a bajillion posts >_>

Old 04-08-2012, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
Post don't mean jack. Just bought a fit and figured I'd join the community. Like I stated before I'm not trying to start anything and certainly not calling him out. If you thoroughly read my comment you would understand that...............well maybe not. I was just stating my thoughts and not trying to be negative.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
FAST

RELIABLE

CHEAP

You can only choose 2.