Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Which car to buy...Subaru BRZ or Hyundai Genesis Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Compared to the Genesis, BRZ all the way. The BRZ should be more refined than the Korean competition, will have a bulletproof engine, and IMHO, looks much, much better. However, I would hold out to see if an "STi" or turbo model comes out before jumping the gun. Bolting aftermarket stuff on is fun (and expensive) but for me, I like warranty for when sh*t hits the fan. Then again, there should be an excellent aftermarket support once the BRZ/86 has been out for a year.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Am going to put down a refundable deposit on a BRZ tomorrow. I'll be first on this dealership's list. Have decided on the Premium model with a 6 speed...now have to decide on the color.

Narrowed that down to World Rally Blue and Satin White Pearl.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats! You will be a lucky owner!

BTW- was searching the forums the other day to see if there were any previous boxster owners on here- you used to own one, right? Could have sworn I saw your name somewhere about this. Was it an S model? I have my eye on one of those right now, or a non-S 2.7L. Practicality be damned. It's more usable than my old miata. I think I'm hooked on the idea actually. Hope the Fit lasts the Summer. It probably will. Practicality would win out in the final decision too much right now, but in my 30s and single for who knows how much longer, and now's my chance. I can't figure out what the deal is with them. There are only a few main problems that can be remedied, but otherwise, are designed to be driven hard daily and are one of the most reliable automakers around. I just think Porsche owners like to dissuade others from joining the cult, and finding out their little secret. Granted, modding it ($$$), and the community are a different ball game compared to a newer, and less-douchey brand. :)

Old 02-22-2012, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MikeNSX
Am going to put down a refundable deposit on a BRZ tomorrow. I'll be first on this dealership's list. Have decided on the Premium model with a 6 speed...now have to decide on the color.

Nice! Yum! What's the ETA on them?

Old 02-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by hayden

BTW- was searching the forums the other day to see if there were any previous boxster owners on here- you used to own one, right? Could have sworn I saw your name somewhere about this. Was it an S model? I have my eye on one of those right now, or a non-S 2.7L. Practicality be damned.:)
I have owned two Boxsters in my life...a '97 when they first came out and an '02 Speed Yellow S. They are fantastic handling cars, and I'd say the S model with the 3.2 is equally great at handling as my NSX.

Make sure if you buy one that the RMS (rear main seal) leak has been attended to.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:03 AM
SWP FTW! MMmmm....sexy. :homerdrool:

Old 02-23-2012, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
So when are the BRZ's arriving at the dealers?

Old 02-23-2012, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
The satin white is really awesome... the blue is way overplayed. See ten blue WRXs every day.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:10 AM
5 Year Member

Nice Mike.I think you had made the right choice.If i was you i pick white...:).

Old 02-24-2012, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by komafit
The satin white is really awesome... the blue is way overplayed. See ten blue WRXs every day.
Wait, from what I understand the Satin white isn't actually going to be Satin finish? How lame is that. The car shows showed it as an actual satin finish, but I'm reading that the actual production model will be a glossy white. I think I'd get the Dark Metallic maybe then.