Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Fujisawa's Photoshop thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Fujisawa's Photoshop thread!

Let's get one thing straight: None of these images are actually Photoshopped. Adobe Photoshop is the name of the best image editor available, and I don't have it. This is because Photoshop costs $$$, and I only have $. And I really don't even want to spend $0.00. But this morning I thought to Google "free image editing programs" and lo and behold there are at least 5-10 free programs available that will provide all the functionality a normal person would use in Photoshop. I got Paint.NET.

In this thread I will post images that I've edited. Some will be good quality and others won't be so great, because I am still learning how to use the program and figure out what I can and can't do, and how to do it. I figured as long as I'm producing them, I may as well share. I do not own many of the original images and copyright for those remains with their creators; of course I am not seeking to profit from the images in any way because I post them. Please PM me if you have any concerns and I promise I will address them. I'll produce things sporadically, so don't expect a steady output; this is for fun only.

My first image is what I would make a Fit crossover look like if it were ME working on the project. I raised the suspension an inch, gave it body cladding, tinted the windows and a few other minor things. I hope you like it!

Name:  2012-Honda-Fit-rear-three-quartersEditedFinal.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  96.7 KB

If you want to request I do an automobile image edit to satisfy your curiosity on something, feel free to post below! I can't promise to do all, most of, or even any of the requests, because that would be unfair if I overpromised. I'll warn you I have no interest in "tell me how my car will look with these phat wheels," although I guess I'd get really good at that. I'll be much more likely to do something if it's really interesting or unique, and not too technically challenging. Some images are a lot easier to work with than others. I'll think of things on my own to do, but your suggestions are welcome :)

Old 11-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member

Old 11-03-2012, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
And this one is what happens when a toy poodle mates with a great dane. I mean, when a Fit and Odyssey have an unfortunate short-term relationship with long term consequences. You laugh but similar superminis have been sold in Europe.

Mostly I did this one to see what the Fit would look like with that jagged-window styling that the Odyssey has.

Name:  Honda-Fit-Sport-2012-3redleftfronteditfinal.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  77.2 KB

Old 11-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
you needz girl friend... ;)

i like how you did the gray on the red's front. that actually looks good.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
I agree, although my wife might not feel the same way! Hehe. Anyway, I'm just doing this for fun. Often I wonder "I wonder what a car would look like IF ..." and I can imagine it, but it would be better if I could create it visually and then look at it.

Grey .. yeah .. I can't really do silver yet. Apparently silver is really hard.

I think I'm going to try and do a coupe version, a la GTI, but that'll be somewhat challenging. Then I might have to break out into something besides Fits so I don't get bored.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  gal_lg5edited.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  30.8 KB

The 2013 Honda Fit Si is offered with performance upgrades over the Sport model, including a 1.5L VTEC engine making 122hp at 6800rpm, a close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission, aluminum front lower control arms to reduce unsprung weight, upgraded shocks, stiffer rear anti-roll bar and model-specific floor mats. The Fit Si achieves an EPA estimated 25/35/29 city/highway/combined mpg. The Fit Si can run on 87 octane gasoline, although peak power is reduced. An automatic transmission is not available.

The Fit Si is available for $19,850 including destination. There are no options excluding dealer-installed accessories.

Ah, who am I kidding, I was just curious what it would look like - the car described above doesn't exist. I've wondered what this would look like, and now I know - exactly like the old Civic Si. Not at all happy with the quality of the image, but thought I would throw it up here anyway.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by fujisawa

The 2013 Honda Fit Si is offered with performance upgrades over the Sport model, including a 1.5L VTEC engine making 122hp at 6800rpm, a close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission, aluminum front lower control arms to reduce unsprung weight, upgraded shocks, stiffer rear anti-roll bar and model-specific floor mats. The Fit Si achieves an EPA estimated 25/35/29 city/highway/combined mpg. The Fit Si can run on 87 octane gasoline, although peak power is reduced. An automatic transmission is not available.

The Fit Si is available for $19,850 including destination. There are no options excluding dealer-installed accessories.

Ah, who am I kidding, I was just curious what it would look like - the car described above doesn't exist. I've wondered what this would look like, and now I know - exactly like the old Civic Si. Not at all happy with the quality of the image, but thought I would throw it up here anyway.
Si's should always be close to 100hp per liter so 150hp

Old 11-04-2012, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
For a $2000 premium, you can expect the Japan-market six speed and aluminum LCAs, or 100hp/L - certainly not both. I think it'd be real tough to squeeze another 30hp out of the n/a 1.5 L-series engine without a new block design, so I'm being realistic and saying they'd do the former. A $5000 premium wouldn't sell very many cars at all, because it'd be up in Civic Si territory. Sorry :P

Old 11-04-2012, 07:29 PM
For a $2000 premium, you can expect the Japan-market six speed and aluminum LCAs, or 100hp/L - certainly not both. I think it'd be real tough to squeeze another 30hp out of the n/a 1.5 L-series engine without a new block design, so I'm being realistic and saying they'd do the former. A $5000 premium wouldn't sell very many cars at all, because it'd be up in Civic Si territory. Sorry :P
100hp/L then....I think its doable. Adjust the timing, run premium, more agressive cams, and higher rpm.

8k RPM just like the old Si's would be nice. Those were pushing 160 from a 1.6L

Last edited by krunk13; 11-04-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Dang dude you must been bored as hell and a lot of time in your hands

Old 11-05-2012, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
And this one is what happens when a toy poodle mates with a great dane. I mean, when a Fit and Odyssey have an unfortunate short-term relationship with long term consequences. You laugh but similar superminis have been sold in Europe.

Mostly I did this one to see what the Fit would look like with that jagged-window styling that the Odyssey has.

This one ain't bad at all. Really good job. :) If anything I think you did the kinked window line much better than the Odyssey.

The kink reminds me of the current Opel Meriva. No sliding doors here though, the rears are "suicide" doors that are hinged at the back.