Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Ford Focus was the best-selling passenger car in the world last year, according to Po

Old 04-10-2013, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
Ford Focus was the best-selling passenger car in the world last year, according to Po

Ford F-Series came in third place

Based on Polk global market registration data, the Ford Focus was the world's best-selling passenger car last year.
The Blue Oval company managed to deliver 1,020,410 units of the Focus last year, thanks to significant market gains in United States and China. Sales in U.S. went up by 40 percent last year, while in China deliveries rose by 51 percent.
In addition, the Ford Fiesta was the best-selling subcompact car in the world as 723,130 units were delivered. Polk says registrations of Ford's small cars (Fiesta and Focus) totaled 1,743,540.
Ford sold 785,630 F-Series trucks in 2012, which makes it the third best-selling vehicle in the world last year. The F-Series has been the best-selling pickup in United States for 36 years in a row.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:13 PM
That is pretty impressive so i'll give credit where it's due despite my dislike for Ford.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, Ford deserves credit. Fun, fuel efficient, and great looking - well above what you expect from that class. Not as reliable as the Corolla (which may actually outsell the Focus if you ask Toyota), but that's a really aging, not-at-all enjoyable car at this point.

I'm frustrated by the reliability issues, because at least initially, Fords seem very well built and they handle great.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:50 AM
Banned
Fords are great BUT not all that. The chinese are still pissed off at Japan for some slight or another so they are boycotting all things Japanese including Honda, Mitsubishi etc.

So Ford stepped up to fill the void that not buying Japanese created. It they get over being butt hurt about whatever and start buying Japanese cars again this will change quickly.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by fujisawa
the Corolla (which may actually outsell the Focus if you ask Toyota), but that's a really aging, not-at-all enjoyable car at this point.
I rented a 2012 Corolla last week. I thought maybe I could make it fun somehow. The only thing I could manage to make fun was trying to get the best MPG possible compared to the last person that rented the car. Their 31 mpg vs my 37 mpg................

Slow, bland, uninspiring, same design for the last 10 years? Ridiculous to rest on laurels like that, at least make an attempt.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
I traded in my 2006 Corolla S on a 2012 Fit Sport. The good points on the Corolla it was highly reliable and got great gas mileage, but wanted a hatchback, manual transmission and fun to drive.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, most folks that buys these cars buy them for economy. they dont care (or know) what 'fun' is in a car.

cheap, reliable, practial. that's all they care about. kinda like me shopping for a cheap stapler or something.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
" Fords are great BUT not all that. The chinese are still pissed off at Japan for some slight or another so they are boycotting all things Japanese including Honda, Mitsubishi etc.

So Ford stepped up to fill the void that not buying Japanese created. It they get over being butt hurt about whatever and start buying Japanese cars again this will change quickly."

China and Japan have a long violent history with Japan flexing their Imperialistic muscle on China back in the day. It wasnt pretty but little is said about it in our history books.

The sentiment they have between them still exists much as the some US southerners are still "butt hurt" with the north, and some blacks are still "butthurt" over slavery...

But hey if Jews can get over it and love their former axis power auto makers, maybe we can all get along afterwards.....

maybe....