Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

2007 civic lx auto sedan or 2007 fit sport auto?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 12:09 AM
5 Year Member
2007 civic lx auto sedan or 2007 fit sport auto?

I'm in the market to downgrade from a infiniti g35 coupe to a honda to cut down on monthly expenses. I need help and suggestions if I should get a 2007 honda civic lx auto sedan or 2007 fit sport auto. My first car is a SUV so space is not that important. Also the civic is only like 1500 more than the fit. Please help me decide!!!!!!!!! thanks

Old 10-19-2006, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
If you already have a SUV and intend to keep it I would get a Civic LX instead.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:02 PM
I have an 07 EX and my wife has an 05 Mazda 3. The civic is a great car but look at the Mazda also if you have an SUV already.

Old 10-21-2006, 01:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by oneduduboy
I'm in the market to downgrade from a infiniti g35 coupe to a honda to cut down on monthly expenses. I need help and suggestions if I should get a 2007 honda civic lx auto sedan or 2007 fit sport auto. My first car is a SUV so space is not that important. Also the civic is only like 1500 more than the fit. Please help me decide!!!!!!!!! thanks
Who is driving this car? You or your spouse?

I looked at the 2007 FIT Sport vs 2006 Civic LX/EX 4 Dr Sedan.

In my area the FIT was $2000-3000 over MSRP and very hard to find.
The Civic was at $100 under MSRP due to Costco Buying program.

Do you know if your dealer has both cars in stock or at least with the same wait times? My dealership says the current FIT shipment will be the last one for 2006.

Civic LX is solid and the best value.
Civic EX costs more but has:
A better stereo
Moonroof
Steering wheel audio controls
Rear seat armrest and cupholders
Folding split rear seatback
4 wheel Disc brakes and 16" Alloy wheels

For about the same price you could also consider the Mazda3 as stated or even a base 2007 MINI cooper. It's been redesigned to be just as good at handling and more powerful in 5 speed manual or automatic. To keep costs down just order the basic one, the stock radio is fine or order the upgraded Harmon Kardon stereo for about $500.

I mention the Cooper because it handles so well and is solid. Coming from the G35 coupe you'll notice the big difference when driving a Civic.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MINI-Fit
Who is driving this car? You or your spouse?

I looked at the 2007 FIT Sport vs 2006 Civic LX/EX 4 Dr Sedan.

In my area the FIT was $2000-3000 over MSRP and very hard to find.
The Civic was at $100 under MSRP due to Costco Buying program.

Do you know if your dealer has both cars in stock or at least with the same wait times? My dealership says the current FIT shipment will be the last one for 2006.

Civic LX is solid and the best value.
Civic EX costs more but has:
A better stereo
Moonroof
Steering wheel audio controls
Rear seat armrest and cupholders
Folding split rear seatback
4 wheel Disc brakes and 16" Alloy wheels

For about the same price you could also consider the Mazda3 as stated or even a base 2007 MINI cooper. It's been redesigned to be just as good at handling and more powerful in 5 speed manual or automatic. To keep costs down just order the basic one, the stock radio is fine or order the upgraded Harmon Kardon stereo for about $500.

I mention the Cooper because it handles so well and is solid. Coming from the G35 coupe you'll notice the big difference when driving a Civic.
The car will be for me. I can get a 2007 civic lx for about 17,600 and the fit at msrp. I just can't make up my mind which one to get because they're both about the same price. The reason I wouldn't consider the mini cooper is because its 2 doors and that is the main reason I'm getting rid of the g35.

Old 10-22-2006, 03:42 AM
5 Year Member
The car will be for me. I can get a 2007 civic lx for about 17,600 and the fit at msrp. I just can't make up my mind which one to get because they're both about the same price. The reason I wouldn't consider the mini cooper is because its 2 doors and that is the main reason I'm getting rid of the g35.
Coming from a Maxima SE and MINI cooper S I would pick the FIT Sport for myself over the Civic LX just for the fun of it. Neither car has much power to spare but the handling in the FIT is better than the Civic.

The FIT is much sportier and overall has a more interesting interior design. It has more room for people and cargo than the Civic LX (no split folding rear seat). For long commuting the Civic LX is slightly better. For a quiet ride the Civic LX is better. For stereo I like the FIT Sport better.

What happens with cars that have 2 doors? No room for rear passengers?
Door is too heavy or big?

For a commuting car or if you mostly take around 2 people total a 2 Door is not too bad, some have more usable room than others.

Old 10-22-2006, 09:38 AM
5 Year Member
Coming from a Maxima SE and MINI cooper S I would pick the FIT Sport for myself over the Civic LX just for the fun of it. Neither car has much power to spare but the handling in the FIT is better than the Civic.

The FIT is much sportier and overall has a more interesting interior design. It has more room for people and cargo than the Civic LX (no split folding rear seat). For long commuting the Civic LX is slightly better. For a quiet ride the Civic LX is better. For stereo I like the FIT Sport better.

What happens with cars that have 2 doors? No room for rear passengers?
Door is too heavy or big?

For a commuting car or if you mostly take around 2 people total a 2 Door is not too bad, some have more usable room than others.
It's just a pain to always have to let people out of a two door car. I know the fit is sportier but its 30 horsepower less than the civic and it gets less mpg than a civic. That is a really strong reason why i'm leaning towards the civic. Also the interior of the civic looks more modern than the fit.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
It's just a pain to always have to let people out of a two door car. I know the fit is sportier but its 30 horsepower less than the civic and it gets less mpg than a civic. That is a really strong reason why i'm leaning towards the civic. Also the interior of the civic looks more modern than the fit.
True about the hassle of letting the rear passengers out. Access to load stuff in the back is also compromised except if you have a rear hatchback.

I would have to stay depending on your driving style and mix of roads, overall I'd expect the FIT sport AT and Civic LX AT to give you nearly the same mpg. The Civic is supposed to give you higher mpg but the EPA numbers are always suspect. If you find the FIT more fun to drive then you're likely not to drive it as sanely and might risk a slightly lower mpg.
Real life Civic mpg is about 32+ overall. Motorweek got about 35 mpg with the FIT.

The interior fabrics, fit and finish is better in the Civic LX- doesn't look like an entry level model.

FIT is fairly unique and uncommon on the roads. You'd be noticed.
The new 2006-2007 Civic is common nowadays.

If you want to be green you could consider the Civic Hybrid with tax break.
That's a whole different story with a much higher price but also higher resale value and a little higher mpg. Definitely not as high as the EPA estimate.

Old 10-23-2006, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
Real life Civic mpg is about 32+ overall. Motorweek got about 35 mpg with the FIT.
Motorweek tested an 06 Civic 5MT and got 34 mpg. A 5AT actually would get better mileage.

Motorweek tested an 07 Fit 5AT and got 33 mpg.

I guess around the same. But the Civic is faster with 31 more hp.

Old 10-24-2006, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
I was gently plodding my wife in the direction of the Civic at one time, but the big C got shot down because my wife wanted a hatchback. The Civic is a pretty impressive machine - quick, efficient, and has good build and finish. But I guess it doesn't have the Magic Seat. Her Fit is arriving in about a month, just in time to haul a turkey and all the extras.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jacksan1
I was gently plodding my wife in the direction of the Civic at one time, but the big C got shot down because my wife wanted a hatchback. The Civic is a pretty impressive machine - quick, efficient, and has good build and finish. But I guess it doesn't have the Magic Seat. Her Fit is arriving in about a month, just in time to haul a turkey and all the extras.
The FIT should be fine and very versatile compared to any sedan. I love using the magic seat. Makes hauling fun and exciting.

Both cars are very safe. FIT is smaller and easier to park. Civic has higher trunk line and it's tough to see the rear end so parking is done a bit slower or you can get the PDC added.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:22 PM
I own a FIT Sport autotrans. Wish I had bought a Civic

The Civic has more power, better gas mileage, smoother highway ride, better handling in snow. The LX is has all the comparable features to the FIT Sport. Unless the hatchback features are important I do not believe there is much doubt. My wife preferred a hatchback. Now she wants me to just put a new engine in her 95 Geo Tracker sitting on the side of the house (blown head gasket is why we parked it) and sell the FIT.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:11 PM
i tRADED THE gd3 fOR the fg2 si

Ok, Both cars are unique in its own ways. But i would Choose the FIT. you have alot more option w/the FIT than the Civic lx sedan in storage, cost less and etc. Test drive both n see how they feel.

As for me; i wanted to go a lil faster and stay w/in a budget thats why i opt n traded my SSS M/T for the 07 Civic Sedan SI . its a Killa.:D Later during the summer i will get another GD3.

thats my .01 cent not .02 cent (make no sense. i know):eek:

Old 03-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by Terry F
better handling in snow..
No knocking you.
The handling in the snow is not good. Here is ohio we had the snow storm i got stuck a bunch of time. even when i am braking i'm sliding. I always have to turn off the Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) with Traction Control. but you are right about Horse power.