Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Fit vs Civic

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 07:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sjd
I do have the choice and while I could afford a WRX...
I just read that the WRX has high insurance rates because it is powerful and is ticketed very often.

White cars are the most often tickets, with red coming in second.

Old 12-13-2018, 07:47 AM
5 Year Member
More on the comparison -

The Civic headlights are very good - bright, with a good spread.

This car has adaptive cruise control, which I didn't know about till yesterday. I was cruising along, and a car pulled out several hundred feet ahead of me. If I were in control, I would have kept cruising, but the Civic played it safe and applied some brake. I tried it later, and the closer I got to the car in front (stopped at a light), the more brake the car applied. I bet it would have come to a complete stop. If they could have that system working all the time, that would be fantastic. I don't need it on the highway with cruise control in use, but driving in traffic, it would prevent me from running into the car in front.

The view out the rear window is pathetic - almost worthless, while the view out the Fit's rear window is very good.

The trunk does not open reliably. The only way to open it is remotely. There is a button on the driver's door, and the button on the key. That's all. Usually, neither one of them works.

I almost called the dealer yesterday when I stopped for gas. I couldn't find the release for the gas filler door. Then I thought maybe it doesn't need a release. I pushed in on the door, and it popped open. Surprise!

Old 12-13-2018, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
a FIT .... SI .... oh man .... makes my mouth salivate just dreaming it up
Uhhh, we're making our own bruh, LOL

Old 12-13-2018, 02:27 PM
sjd
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
if GT-R's came MT, id have one today but unfortunately sports cars are mostly dual clutch AT's.. so in that respect im in the same boat as you buying these affordable cars (since offered in MT) and just mod them to my liking.
If you can afford a GT-R (I can't) but want something with an MT what about a Porsche 911 Carrera 4S? AWD and a manual. That's what I'd have as my daily if I had the $$$.

sounds good! yah i was in the market for the ND too earlier on. i’m going to look at it again with the hardtop. and yah id lower it and do wheels at minimum if i got one too. :nod: that is a car one can mod and have fun with i thinks.
They are fantastic cars. The new one I get will be modded just like the last two I owned were. Header, exhaust, coilovers, sway bars, wheels, tires, etc.

Originally Posted by Halcyon
I had a 2016 LX civic 6 speed and it had some weird quirks. The stereo would periodically lose power/connection and then I’d have no audio, a/c controls or apple car play. Then out a day later it would reset with an error and then go back to normal. Also the trunk would open randomly.
Thanks for the input! I just had a 2016 Civic rental and the stereo was clunky and slow but didn't cut out thankfully. This is something that concerns me especially as I usually keep cars for a while. I can't stand that they put some of the climate controls on the screen.

Originally Posted by SilverEX15
More on the comparison -

The Civic headlights are very good - bright, with a good spread.

This car has adaptive cruise control, which I didn't know about till yesterday. I was cruising along, and a car pulled out several hundred feet ahead of me. If I were in control, I would have kept cruising, but the Civic played it safe and applied some brake. I tried it later, and the closer I got to the car in front (stopped at a light), the more brake the car applied. I bet it would have come to a complete stop. If they could have that system working all the time, that would be fantastic. I don't need it on the highway with cruise control in use, but driving in traffic, it would prevent me from running into the car in front.

The view out the rear window is pathetic - almost worthless, while the view out the Fit's rear window is very good.

The trunk does not open reliably. The only way to open it is remotely. There is a button on the driver's door, and the button on the key. That's all. Usually, neither one of them works.

I almost called the dealer yesterday when I stopped for gas. I couldn't find the release for the gas filler door. Then I thought maybe it doesn't need a release. I pushed in on the door, and it popped open. Surprise!
The headlights don't get a great rating from the IIHS unfortunately. Even the LED ones. Of course not much gets a good rating.

I have zero interest in a car braking for me at all. Luckily in Canada manual Civics and Fits don't come with the Honda Sensing. The manual Accord does and it's what knocked it off the list for me. Snow messes with the system as well and your dash lights up.

German cars have been doing the push in gas door for years. :)

Old 12-14-2018, 02:05 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
I just read that the WRX has high insurance rates because it is powerful and is ticketed very often.

White cars are the most often tickets, with red coming in second.
my WRX is white. :D. haven’t been sited for decades. it’s a fun car and all and for a middle aged dork like me insurance is cheap. not cheap like GK but only like $80 difference in the 6 months.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know about that. I recently sold my WRX. I had a 2013 I bought new. My wife's 2016 Pilot was the most expensive to insure. The WRX was barely above my 2017 Fit. This past year my son was old enough to drive and she no longer needed the SUV so it was traded for a 2018 Civic. The Civic was only slightly more expensive than the WRX.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sjd
If you can afford a GT-R (I can't) but want something with an MT what about a Porsche 911 Carrera 4S? AWD and a manual. That's what I'd have as my daily if I had the $$$.
u know wat, ill look into it next time. ive never been much of a porche guy, i dont like the sound of their engines and exhaust although ive driven a few carrera's my buddies have and they sounded a lot nicer inside the cabin vs outside.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member

my WRX is white. :D. haven’t been sited for decades. it’s a fun car and all and for a middle aged dork like me insurance is cheap. not cheap like GK but only like $80 difference in the 6 months.
i should note that my GK is 4yrs old vs my WRX which is 5 months old... it's a 19 Limited with all the bells so the value is a little higher than my GK, naturally the premium is higher.. at 4yrs in, i think for me the WRX would be about the same premium as my GK. of course my son would be the primary driver long before that so he'll have fun with the premiums.. lol