Notices
For Sale / Want To Buy / Classified Ads for USED Fit Items Buy and Sell your USED FIT stuff here. Vendors, please do not post here. Use the "Vendor Marketplace" forum instead. MUST HAVE 20 POSTS

FS: 2008 Honda Fit Base w/Aux Input, New Tires, NO A/C - One Owner, 170k Miles - $3,200

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
2008 Honda Fit Base w/Aux Input, New Tires, NO A/C - One Owner, 170k Miles - $3,200

Overview:
  • 169,142 Miles
  • Single owner - no kids, no pets, non-smoker
  • New 16" tires only have 2,825 miles on them
  • 28.1 average MPG from 142,000 miles tracked on fuelly.com
  • Maintenance records on Fuelly.com with scanned PDFs of almost all service performed.
I purchased this car new from Braman Honda and drove it around Miami for the past 10 years. Great, simple car that can hold a lot of volume and park in very tight spaces. The engine continues to run well and I've only had minor electrical issues to date with this car.

Reason I'm Selling:
A/C went out and I don't have the tools or location to do the repair myself.

Pricing:
Kelley Blue Book lists a Base Auto Fit with 170k as $2,250-$4,141.

Aftermarket Upgrades:
  • Larger 151R battery installed (stock was a smaller 51R that didn't provide enough juice and died a few times. See service records.)
  • 16" Honda HFP rims (stock were 15" steel with hub caps)
  • Gorilla wheel locks all around (4 per wheel)
  • Auxiliary-in audio connection (Honda OEM aux-in jack is wired to the head unit with an ethernet cable. Did the modification myself per instructions on fitfreak.net and it's worked great for the past 9 years. 2008 Base Fits didn't have the Aux option.)
  • Legal limit window tinting all around (by World of Auto Tinting). Darker in the rear and lighter towards the front.
  • Treated the exterior plastic with 303 Aerospace UV Protectant around twice a year.

Current issues:
  • Mechanical
    • A/C blows, but not cold. A/C compressor and compressor fan confirmed to need replacement by Japanese Auto Tech. Repair was quoted as $1080, but it's mostly labor. Parts are around $300 new and they claimed it wasn't a hard job if you've got the right tools.
    • Rear shocks could probably use a replacement. Some pops can be heard when driving on bumpy roads.
  • Cosmetic
    • Front bumper driver side top edge has a small gap where the bumper meets the front quarter panel. See pics. The plastic piece that holds them together tightly is cracked from being bumped (street parking)
    • Minor paint dings from the road and some minor door dings over the past 10 years.
    • Driver's side footwell carpet is worn. The glue that holds the plastic film to the carpeting is coming undone closest to the driver's seat.
    • Honda logo on steering wheel lost the majority of it's chrome finish a few years ago. It's beige plastic now.
  • Safety
    • No headrests for the rear two seats. I mainly drove the car with the back seat laying down, so I sold the headrests on eBay a few years ago.
  • Other
    • Under-engine plastic wind screen could use replacing if you want to increase MPG.
    • Rear hatch's rubber seal has about 8" of damage, but still creates a seal.
Damage:
  • 2017-09-01 Piece of plywood hit my hood/windshield on the freeway (windshield, hood, wipers and driver headlight replaced by insurance)
  • 2014-11-08 Front fender bender (front bumper and hood fixed by insurance)
  • 2010-06-04 Minor high tide flooding (wet rear passenger footwell)
  • 2009-06-06 High tide flooding in South Beach (water a few inches up from the floor at all four footwells)

Service and Damage log (exported from fuelly.com):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Note the small gap where the front bumper top hits the quarter panel

Note the driver's side headlight is new

OEM Aux connection at the bottom

Old 05-07-2018, 01:01 AM
Damn I love these wheels. GLWS

Old 05-26-2018, 02:31 PM
Good deal! Nice ad.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:13 PM
bump for a good deal!!!