Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

devmail's 2007 SSM GD3 build - The Grey Goose

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Relocated solenoids, installed mechanical fuel pressure gauge...only had to lengthen 1 wire...nope, no clearance issues!

Last edited by devmail; 07-05-2017 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:47 AM
5 Year Member
Cleaned up some wiring, fixed a small fuel leak by the fuel pressure gauge, painted the dipstick and windshield washer reservoir cover flat black.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
Evo X fuel pump installed! Fuel psi went from 51 to 55 psi. A little extra insurance when running a wet nitrous kit. Bottle should be filled TOMORROW!

Old 07-12-2017, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
Video or direct port flow test! Made a run tonight after switching to ngk one step colder copper spark plugs. Some bug to work out: psn1 stops nitrous after starting and then comes back on again after the AF richens. Luckily I can datalog to a laptop with the psn1...though connecting to my tablet would be even better. Will datalog on the next run another evening.

Old 07-13-2017, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
Will you be making any videos of our runs?

Old 07-13-2017, 04:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Will you be making any videos of our runs?
Yes for sure, once I get this bug figured. 😁

Old 07-13-2017, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by devmail
Yes for sure, once I get this bug figured. 😁

where did you get the block off plate for the EGR?

Old 07-13-2017, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mangosmoody
where did you get the block off plate for the EGR?
ebay, anyone that will fit a b series Honda will work.

So I have a new priority now, car won't start even with battery being boosted. I suspect it's a short or a bad ground related to the nitrous components or perhaps a fuse. Good thing it happened with my car in the driveway.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
Thank the jeebus, my electrical problem was a loose battery ground wire where it attached to the frame. That totally makes sense with the transient problems it was causing...woo woo! Hopefully tonight I can do some more testing and try out the datalogging with the PSN1.

Old 07-15-2017, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
Did a test run tonight with logworks via the PSN1 gauge. In first gear AFR with nitrous engaged is 12.3, second gear 10.2. Need the space to do a 1,2,3 pull and see what 3rd gear is holding.

Old 07-17-2017, 07:48 AM
5 Year Member
Another 2 test runs with the 60 shot (18 nitrous, 10 fuel). PSN1 still cuts out the nitrous flow, much less so however. May have to put in the next size fuel jet that I have which is a 12.

I think for now with a 60 shot I will just disable the lean cut function if the richer jet doesnt help. Its the nature of a wet nitrous system that the inital hit is lean because the fuel pressure slightly drops since its supplying the injectors and fuel jets at the same time. Dynotune guys said at this power level it is harmless.

On a positive note the tires break loose at 3000 RPM fairly easily! Perhaps another run tonight, need a co-pilot to video for me haha.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by devmail
On a positive note the tires break loose at 3000 RPM fairly easily!
*COUGH*Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R Tires*/COUGH*

Old 07-17-2017, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by idrivemyself
Those will be my next tires!

Old 07-17-2017, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
Disabled the failsafes on the psn1, and my car feels great! Log is showing leanspikes on activation as usual with a wet nitrous system running off the same fuel pump used by the engine. Lots of things could help: longer nitrous lines, shorter fuel lines, Hondata injector compensation, progressive nitrous controller. Right now the spark plugs are showing too much timing, but look better than they did on the 75 shot. I am using less nitrous, a bump in fuel using the Evo X fuel pump, and 1 step colder copper ngks. So used sparingly, it should be ok.

Video shortly!

Old 07-18-2017, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
Old 07-22-2017, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
  1. awesome f*cking gd bro!
  2. i am jelly
  3. it would be nice to have your weight reduction list in an excel format or on google drive's database. i am reviewing your list and knocking down what i can
  4. why have you not decided on some lightweight 14" wheels? i'm currently in between the kosei k1 ts 14x6 +38 OR enkei rpf1 14x7 and unsure if the +19 (8.7lbs) or +28 (8.4lbs) offset will fit. i think the +28 will clear my calipers, not sure
  5. do you have that ballastic battery hooked up every day or only race day? i'd like to pull that off too but i drive my fit every day and certainly don't want to mess around with having to jump car all the time.
  6. can we see your ballistic battery tray you made again? those images aren't available anymore
  7. define LCA bushing for me please
  8. can you better describe the sensation of the 85A engine mounts?
  9. how many miles you have on her?
  10. surprised you kept your rear license plate bracket and bolts, considering how much you hate weight
  11. which APR side mirrors are you going to rig up too? don't make em for our gd
  12. did i mention how dope your gd is?

Last edited by tecra; 07-22-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
  1. awesome f*cking gd bro! Thanks! I've put a lot of time, money and energy into it.
  2. i am jelly. Of the car, but not it's costs.
  3. it would be nice to have your weight reduction list in an excel format or on google drive's database. i am reviewing your list and knocking down what i can: Don't have much time for that now but maybe later.
  4. why have you not decided on some lightweight 14" wheels? i'm currently in between the kosei k1 ts 14x6 +38 OR enkei rpf1 14x7 and unsure if the +19 (8.7lbs) or +28 (8.4lbs) offset will fit. i think the +28 will clear my calipers, not sure: I was going to use my 14" Civic Hx wheels but wanted to use lighter wilwood calipers, plus take advantage of a smaller overall tire diameter: 195/45/15. They will simulate a final drive increase to around 4.6-4.7. The tires in this size are also light: 16 lbs each...they are 2 lbs heavier than tire rack states.
  5. do you have that ballastic battery hooked up every day or only race day? i'd like to pull that off too but i drive my fit every day and certainly don't want to mess around with having to jump car all the time. In warm weather it works like a charm although you do hear a small struggle to start the car. In cold weather, say below 0 degrees Celsius, it's not good...would not recommend for a daily driver. I switch back in the winter.
  6. can we see your ballistic battery tray you made again? those images aren't available anymore

7. define LCA bushing for me please: lower control arm bushings
  8. can you better describe the sensation of the 85A engine mounts? Well when you start replacing worn chassis bushings, it's very obvious...no ignoring the vibration throughout your whole body. You do get used to it, but it's subjective...some ppl like it, like me...or most people may not. It is useful to diagnose strange chassis noises as it becomes very obvious where the origin is.
  9. how many miles you have on her? I just turned over 300,000 today. I am well aware the damage that nitrous can cause, especially in a higher km engine. That's why I monitor things often to look for signs of damage. So far so good.
  10. surprised you kept your rear license plate bracket and bolts, considering how much you hate weight. I just wanted to make the license plate area a little more appealing.
  11. which APR side mirrors are you going to rig up too? Universal. Or an equivalent if the quality, weight and price are good...there are some sets on eBay that claim they are 130 grams per mirror, but I am unsure of the quality.
  12. did i mention how dope your gd is? Thanks, it's a great chassis to modify and surprise people with. GD are the original Honda Fit! Love this car.

Last edited by devmail; 07-23-2017 at 06:16 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:40 AM
5 Year Member
Passed the 300,000 km mark on a recent camping trip.

Some more pics of the nitrous bottle, direct port and the cover I made to make my trunk still useable:

Old 07-26-2017, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member
Did some more calculating and it looks like I'll be around 200 lbs lighter than last year's race trim....sweet. 😎

Old 07-27-2017, 06:33 AM
5 Year Member
Here is a picture of my gutted hatch.

I have yet to repaint the whole backside of the hatch, I mostly repainted the areas that were cut in behind the plastic. I left some of the tabs on to be able to attach the plastic. I also put a large piece of foam in between so the wires don't rattle.

So not including removing the rear wiper, rear nozzle, key hole etc..the weight saved by removing the metal framework was 3 lbs. Plus it can be covered up so it looks like stock.

Quick Reply: devmail's 2007 SSM GD3 build - The Grey Goose