want moar power... want to buy: Boost, LSD, Flywheel, Clutch, Engine Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member

Before you try to sell me a whole shindig of things, I don't have enough to buy everything at the moment. haha the top of my list would DEFINITELY be BOOST! S/C is preferred but I could live with a turbo for a good price. Everything else naturally falls into place after more power. Lmk what you have

Old 01-24-2012, 02:16 PM
do u have a 2012 fit clutch? have u removed the cdv? have u done an intake and exhaust? i find an sc will feel limited cuz no boost control, if u want a turbo, go to the junkyard and pick up an old volvo turbo, it will be a garret unit with a low psi wastegate. its nice for piecing things together later upgrade but the turbo should provide more then enough boost, and still give u rather quick spool times. then u are goin to need a piggy back unit, id hit up lyon and a few other members normally a few piggy units are on the forums for cheap. jump to an rsx injector, online can be found less then 50 and injector. id go on ebay and see if u can find an r18 turbo mani, as well as a cheap intercooler set and piping, i have a 1g eclipse bov, i plan to turbo my fit too but id let this bov go for 50$+shipping. it holds psi great and sounds amazing! we ran it vta with 20 psi on my friends 1g like i said i want to turbo to! but try to save some money while doin it.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
I thought about trying to piece together a custom unit, but just for the sake of simplicity and proven reliability, I want to go supercharger! Plus I like the idea that it runs off a belt and not air pressure so the response is a little more predictable. How far are you from turbo'ing the car?

I have an 08 with intake, headers and exhaust

Old 01-24-2012, 04:12 PM
im not far from it, but with an sc u have no boost control and at higher rpm when the engine starts using more air, u will "lose" boost because the sc is set for a certain psi (the pulley's ratio to the crank) so if at 5 psi at mid rpm it will probably be 3-4 at high rpm... as well as it will take some hp to turn the sc, like having ur ac on all the time, it might be responsive to boost but the engine might take longer to rev up because the additional parasitic lag....idk sc are out dated to me. i like turbos, u can almost have no turbo lag, i ran one of these volvo units on a prelude. it was amazing no lag, all stock, on 7 psi and 9 on high boost setting

but if u have a gd, then u can forget almost everything i said for piecing a kit together. its alot easier with a gd then a ge. i almost bought a gd because the aftermarket, but i find the ge's engine just is moar powa! but really i havent had another fit beat mine, i have raced a few modded ge's, and a modded gd, nothing with forced induction but still.... if u want i guess go sc, but i still think youd be happier with a turbo

Last edited by fitisbamf; 01-24-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:08 PM
I second turbo, and custom setup at that. But don't ghetto-fy it like fitisbamf, you will be very unhappy.

An FIC-6 would be more than enough to handle 98% of Fit Turbo and S/C setups.

You are roughly 30 minutes from Road Race Engineering, take advantage of that you lucky SOB.
Garden Grove, CA to Road Race Engineering - Google Maps

Just go in there, be honest, don't try and haggle or be obnoxious lol

If you have any questions/concerns PM me.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
Road race is a legit shop. They have taken dsms pretty far.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:22 AM
5 Year Member
Would they be willing to work on a Fit since all they get are DSMs and EVOs? How much should I be prepared to set me back on a custom turbo kit?

Old 01-25-2012, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
I second turbo, and custom setup at that. But don't ghetto-fy it like fitisbamf, you will be very unhappy.

An FIC-6 would be more than enough to handle 98% of Fit Turbo and S/C setups.

You are roughly 30 minutes from Road Race Engineering, take advantage of that you lucky SOB.
Garden Grove, CA to Road Race Engineering - Google Maps

Just go in there, be honest, don't try and haggle or be obnoxious lol

If you have any questions/concerns PM me.

honestly i have no hard feelings diamondstar, i even ask u for help! but what is ghetto about the setup i described? as a starting out peicing together a kit, and replacing things later on, nothing is wrong with the way im doing it. it works if ur on a budget. my friends have done it to 240sx's and i have done it to a prelude (not even my car) idk youcan pay tons of money for nice parts, hell i have an hks filter with 3 different inserts... i like nice shit but i dont know why people pay 5000$+ to force induction their cars....

Old 01-26-2012, 11:03 AM
RRE from what I know of them will not turn down a nice guy with a coherent plan and cash in hand.

They are exceedingly knowledgeable in many areas.

Define your goals for the build in terms of power, how you intend to use the car, etc. And I can help you blueprint, design and even source parts if you wish.

Then share the plan briefly with the folks at RRE see if they take interest, and then see what they advise and estimate on cost.

For most people looking to make the Fit perform the smallest turbo I recommend using is going to be the GT2860, or preferably the MHI 16G, or a Small Holset or BW unit.

This all depends on what goals you lay out for the car and how you intend to use it.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
OP, if you don't trust RRE or know about them, this is all I have to say:

(A customer's car)

Old 01-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Is it weird that the first thing I noticed were the Wiggins clamps on the rad pipe? lol

Old 01-26-2012, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
im looking for a maximum power of about 150whp. I want the power upgrade to be reliable, easy on the engine, minimal lag, and low heat issues. I will be tracking the car occasionally so it should be able to handle boost for 20-30 minutes with no problems. And I want power in the lower RPMs to be decent. That is what I'm shooting for

Old 01-26-2012, 12:04 PM
MHI TD05H-14B in the stock 6cm2 housing. Ported Wastegate hole.

Low boost threshold, and at 16-18lbs/min on a 1.5L you would be riding right through the most efficient parts of the map.

Being that is a factory DSM turbo, they should easily be able to get one for you easily at a good price.

Those turbos are stout and reliable, with more than a few standing up to 20 years of abuse and over 200k on the clock.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Is it weird that the first thing I noticed were the Wiggins clamps on the rad pipe? lol
I wouldn't say so, the small details like that make that car.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Jason, if you're serious about boosting your GD3, give Raceline a call.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Whoa RRE = RRM? When did they change it from Road Race Motorsports to Road Race Engineering?

And that's cool, I thought they only worked on DSMs and Mistubishis. Though I've seen some off-road vehicles and a Fiat in there recently. Never any Hondas though.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
IIRC they're just two brances of the same business?

Old 01-26-2012, 07:56 PM
sam
Super Moderator
Arrow Moved argument

FYI: Argument over commercial and self-mod approaches moved here. Those interested and wishing to continue may do so as they please in that location.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
IIRC they're just two brances of the same business?
Oh maybe, I have no idea.

The only reason I've heard of RRE is because my friend and I were always working on his turbo OZ Lancer, and this is where he got most of his turbo-related stuff from.

He always called it 'RRM' though, and his stickers said 'RRM' but that was back in 2003 or 2004.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:51 AM
5 Year Member
i thought u wanted to k20 man? :OOOOOOOOO but i see u like da boosting.... hrmmm... im excited to see what crazy plan u decide to do...