Indianapolis?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:06 PM
I've had good luck with National Auto Spa. Hope that helps.

P.S. I was thinking in a cuple of weeks also. I have a wedding to photograph this Sat. but either the next weekend or after would be awesome!!!

Old 07-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Lightbulb

I've always taken my vehicles to Busters (small car lot just east of the Greenwood Park Mall) for window tinting. The same guy has been doing tinting for almost 20 years. He's a pro. Did a great job with my Fit.

Keep us posted on the meet/BBQ.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome, I'll check there for tinting. I'm at Greenwood Park mall every Thursday, and you're the second person to mention getting tinting done out there. Hoosier Daddy, PM me your name if you want me to list you as a referral...maybe you'll get a kickback of some kind. How are their prices?

I just got my Manual Transmission Taffeta White Sport Fit this morning from Penske Honda on 96th Street.

So, when is FitFest going to be?

Old 07-21-2007, 06:46 AM
sam
Super Moderator
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DagerOne
I just got my Manual Transmission Taffeta White Sport Fit this morning from Penske Honda on 96th Street.
Great to hear!

Old 07-23-2007, 08:15 PM
Just tell them it was Todd with the black Fit. I think the guy was interested in doing it because it was the first Fit he had done. (said the tiny rear windows were a b*tch!) I honestly don't remember the price and I can't seem to find my receipt. I'm thinking $150-180. It should look really cool on your white one.

It sounds like FitFest is going to be at gn-it&rn-it's place.
Just say when and PM us some directions!

Old 07-24-2007, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
Just tell them it was Todd with the black Fit. I think the guy was interested in doing it because it was the first Fit he had done. (said the tiny rear windows were a b*tch!) I honestly don't remember the price and I can't seem to find my receipt. I'm thinking $150-180. It should look really cool on your white one.
Yeah, I'm thinking the tint with the white car should look nice. They use the high-grade charcoal looking film, right? Not the stuff that looks purple over time, I hope. I just called them and they said it's lifetime warranty and it is going to be about $190 including the strip across the front windshield, so I'm happy with the price.

My only concern was that the guy didn't know what a Honda Fit was. "Is that an SUV?" he asked. Then again, if he remembered what a Fit was and how much trouble they had with your little rear windows, maybe they'd charge more.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:29 AM
I am in Bloomington, looking forward into buying one, debating between fit and civic hybrid....just wondering, is it possible to get one at invoice?

Old 08-02-2007, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
*shrugs* I paid MSRP. As I understand it, the dealer profit from the Fit isn't substantial, so I don't know how much wiggle room you'll have. At the very least, the days of paying substantial add-ons above MSRP due to availability (which we didn't see in Indiana so much as they did on the west coast) are gone.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:00 AM
sam
Super Moderator
Lightbulb Quick thoughts on getting best price

Originally Posted by fairladyz_gt-r
I am in Bloomington, ..., is it possible to get one at invoice?
There still appears to be a limited number of Fits available and no manufacturer incentives. Your best shot at pricing is to call several locations and see what they currently have and are willing to deal. Assuming you have the time.. and are willing to pick it up.

Good hunting

Old 08-04-2007, 07:10 AM
^ Thanks, I will look into that~

Old 08-12-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm thinking about going to an auto-x on Sept.16 at Mount Comfort

Airport. We should get a bunch of Fits to meet there and show everyone

what the Fit is made of.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
I'd go and cheer folks on. My Fit is not going to "set foot" on an auto-x track (I'd have bought an AT Sport if that had been my intention) but it would be a fun place to meet...and it's not a bar (keeping with the above posts).

Old 08-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Oh, come on!!!! That's what these beautiful machines were made for. Going FAST!!!

Old 08-12-2007, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Swimmer Boy
Oh, come on!!!! That's what these beautiful machines were made for. Going FAST!!!
Quick. Agile. Nimble. Spirited.

But not fast.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
Random, but I started a group called "Hoosier Fit Club" on myspace. I'm the only member. It's lonely. Maybe there's no demand, but I miss my old car group, so I made a new one for my new car.

groups.myspace.com/hoosierfitclub

Maybe, just maybe we'll actually organize a meet sometime.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Just give it time....this site isn't very lively IMO, but there are several fits around Indy.

You could also get in a local car club that have many different styles of cars. There's some around where I live that go to car shows and get together about once a month.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I have seen a BOM Fit in my area of Fishers (saw it fueling up at the BP at the corner of Cumberland and 116th on Saturday), and I know SwimmerBoy has a white sport Fit and he lives in the same division I live in, though we've never seen each other. Fishers alone has us three at least.

Maybe Fit owners aren't the same type of community, but my previous car club held a yearly event (several times in Indy) that drew nationally, from California, Florida, Canada, etc. Indy was selected because it was centrally located.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
I got a Milano Red one. There's a blue one in my subdivision. But I haven't met the guy yet.

The only other Fit owner I've met was sam from Anderson. MarTT no longer owns a Fit.

But I'm down for a meet any time.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Anderson isn't too far north...I'd be willing to head to a meet up that way just to go to Hoosier Park for the day. We could meet up near my place (just off of Exit 5 on 69) and caravan up.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:33 PM
What car did you have before.....gotta remember that the Fit is just a baby as it only come out in 07.

Quick Reply: Indianapolis?