A Fit sittin at the dealership

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 11:15 AM
A Fit sittin at the dealership

I know its a base but its manual in VBP and in Milwaukee. Its just sitting at the dealership. I am not sure how common Fits right now are sitting at dealerships but the kicker is that it is manual and I know thats hard to find. Russ Darrow Honda in Milwaukee on Brown Deer Road. I bought my Fit there...treat you well. I got my bumpers repainted there as soon as I brought it up.

Old 09-12-2006, 02:26 PM
I saw that Fit, sitting next to a Suzuki and A Nissan Versa. I drive by Russ Darrow every day on the way to work. I got my Sport VBP 5manual at david Hobbs Back in May.

MotorDad in Milwaukee

Old 09-23-2006, 10:57 AM
Not anymore!

I bought it!!! Purchased on Tue and picked up on
Thur. I wanted a blue sport, but Boyland (where my deposit has been down since mid July) told me on Mon they can't order a M/T until next year. Russ Darrow confirmed that, said in the allocation request software the option to select "manual" is greyed out and will be until next year. So I got my VBP manual!!!!

I forgot this thread had been here until I received email from Russ Darrow on Tue saying this car was available. Great place. I'll be posting more about this in the Dealer forum and probably one of the "cant get manual" threads.

Sweeeeet car.

Old 09-23-2006, 03:58 PM
sam
Super Moderator
Congrats cjucoder! I know you'll love the car. Got the Sport AT myself but had a great drive of a Base MT. Too bad the dealership had added a bunch of mods that took the price up over the Sport or I would have purchased that.

(edited in note: in case it unclear, the Base MT I drove was not the same as the one cjucoder bought)

Last edited by sam; 09-28-2006 at 01:30 AM.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by sam
Too bad the dealership had added a bunch of mods that took the price up over the Sport or I would have purchased that.
The only thing they added was the that crazy "environmental package". Don't worry, I certainly did not pay that and got some stuff thrown in as compensation. I paid less than I would have if my Sport at MSRP came in. If they would have insisted on what the sticker on the car was I would have walked.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
cjucoder,

That's wonderful you got that FIT. Why wait.
Be happy... NOW!

Enjoy
Life is too short.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:57 PM
Thumbs down

Russ Darrow Honda Milwaukee
I bought my 08 Sport Fit there new, took 4 hours? Promised 3 free oil changes, nope not in the contract. They tried to up sell all sorts of stuff, I kept saying no. I had/have excellent credit.
I took the Fit in for an alignment special and was told I needed a new rear axle beam as the toe in was out of specification and could not be adjusted. This car was never in an accident nor raced/drifted or anything like that. I asked why I was paying for an alignment when all that was done was check it? The Service Department manager was always "out" when I called. The toe was way in on the right rear and somewhat toed out on the left rear, sounds more like a jig set error in manufacturing than a "Bent beam". Anyone offer a guess what one would need to do to bend the rear axle beam?
Have not gone back since.
By the way, the front alignment has never required any alignment.
I found out that for the 07 & 08 Fit there are after market shim kits that can correct this problem as on these model years the stub axle can be removed to fit the proper shim and correct the toe in and camber issues. I have ruined three tires, partially my fault due to lax rotation schedule. Don't wait for Honda America to admit there was an issue on some of these cars THERE ARE