traffic tickets in interstate hwy by wsp

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
traffic tickets in interstate hwy by wsp

Does any one know anything about getting a ticket with the laser speed gun? Is is beyound a doubt... How do you know you dont have the wrong car?

Old 05-13-2007, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by big Fit
Does any one know anything about getting a ticket with the laser speed gun? Is is beyound a doubt... How do you know you dont have the wrong car?
It's just like claymore said. The older radar had a wider target area so you stood a chance of saying it wasn't me. The lasar is a pinpoint lasar beam so there's no mistake. You can only hope the cop doesn't show up for court.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
thanks for the reply about traffic tickets

I guess what I have to say after reading the replies is that "hey the Fit does 80 mph pretty easy"... Hmm very easy. oops

Old 05-14-2007, 07:01 AM
5 Year Member
yeah your pretty much screwed.hopefuly you can do traffic school

Old 05-14-2007, 05:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
I don't know why people think Cops aren't going to show up. MOST Police agencies pay BIG BUCKS OVERTIME for Police officers to go to court on their day off and if you MISS a court appearance you are liable to get days off with NO PAY for missing said appearance date. This is not a "I will go if i feel like it" thing it is a commitment to the court system and the judge will take administrative action against repeat offenders. I know because I was one.
I didn't say they wouldn't show up. I just said that's about all he can hope for. It's not like they just show up if they feel like it but sometimes you get lucky. At least I gave him some hope....

Old 05-14-2007, 06:29 PM
A good way to increase your chances of getting out of it, is to try and ask for an extension. DO NOT pay the ticket right away---that just says "Boy I sure am guilty, here's my money". To the cop, generally your court date is a "group date" for him/her. Asking for an extension for a different date can yield an absent officer/and or written testimony, simply because SOME officers would rather not come in to court on their day off. If you werent a jerk to the cop when he/she pulled you over, you may be inclined to personally call him/her and MAYBE work something out. I chose the latter( he thought I was kinda mean when he pulled me over) and with the help of my cop brother-in-law, he dropped the ticket. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: traffic tickets in interstate hwy by wsp