Tell a fun story about your fit.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
Tell a fun story about your fit.

People ask me if my Fit is a hybrid. I tell them it is not ugly enough to qualify as one.
The car is fun to drive but I have only 700 miles.
If you have a short fun story post it here. I will check it daily

Old 05-14-2006, 05:21 AM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
I usually get looks from guys driving their modified Civic hatches. People also say, "Yes, this is the first Fit I've seen on the road!"

Old 05-14-2006, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
[COLOR="Red"]I think the fit has cought everyone by suprise. The ads are simply great.[/COLOR]

Old 05-21-2006, 05:13 AM
5 Year Member
Saw my first Fit on thursday parked on the street and looked it over thouroughly. The owner must have been watching nearby as he/she started pushing the remote lock button causing it to honk and flash at me. I felt a little like some kind of peeping tom looking at their car. Oh well! I was really happy with what I saw, no regrets on the impending purchase.(yes, I put $1k down sight unseen) Sorry Fit owner if I gave you the wrong impression with my snooping!

Old 05-21-2006, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
Funny Fit experiences

A few people have walked right up to me to ask about my Fit. I had a three-way conversation with a lady and her husband on her cell phone, asking me about the car. My car pooler had trouble folding himself into my daughter's Toyota Camry -- not enough head room -- so everyone at work was watching to see him climb into my Fit. He was as surprised as everyone else when he "fit". I don't mind at all when people stop me and ask about my car. Interesting that many of the questions come from people with SUVs who want to either downsize, or get a small car for commuting. If high gas prices send people to small vehicles that make our roads safer and get us away from gas guzzling dependence on foreign countries, pollution and aggressive driving -- bring 'em on!

Old 05-21-2006, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
At a baberuth game My 15 year nephew slipped into his newly purchashed sliding shorts in the back of my honda fit. The 60 portion of the back seat was folded up so he could sit on the 40 portion while he scooted out of and into his baseball uniform. The windows of the car are tinted.
My point in this story is that there is much room in the back of the fit. It is like a minivan from ceiling to floor. Great little car. It is ironic the term Fit comes up alot when talking about the car.

Last edited by big Fit; 06-13-2006 at 03:50 AM.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:58 AM
Master FitFreaker
ppl tell me why am I getting a mini van lmao and I just tell them cuz it's 100% jdm and gas saver

Old 05-30-2006, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
What is jdm?

Old 05-31-2006, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
JDM stands for Japanese Domestic Market.
You may also see USDM--U.S. Domestic Market.

JDM has a status appeal in certain circles. Enthusiasts go to great lengths to make their cars replicas of certain performance models availble in Japan. Others highly prize Japan-only accessories. Often Japanese versions of cars we get here in North America are available with much higher powered engines and better brakes etc. over there. U.S. enthusiasts seek these parts out to put on their cars.

Interestingly, a lot of enthusiasts in Japan are watching the "Fast and the Furious" Hollywood car movies and emulating the USA style cars.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info cheffyjay. I dig it

Old 06-04-2006, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
I rented a refrigerator hand truck that fit in the FIT just fine. I turned it on its side so the over lengh fit between the seats. The tie down ancores alowed me to secure the load properly. I have pictures if you like to see how it looks. Just send me a private messege with your email for pictures.
Ive hauled all sorts of stuff with the Fit. It is just one of the reasons I bought the car.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:16 PM
I had a guy this past Saturday who was driving an NSX asking me to pull over to check my car out!

Old 06-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
i was at a stop light and waited 5 secs when it turned green totally pissed this guy in an expedition and he was waving his hands all crazy and honking my wife looked at him and said **** you and flicked him off his friend was laughing at the driver...lol stupid ass****s

Old 06-19-2006, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
I went out to do a photo shoot of my Fit. I applied the first wax coat yesterday. I had one person, then later on, a couple aproach me about the my Fit. I am supprised At what people say. Both agreed the Fit is a great car for the times we are in. I have not verified this but the first person that aproached me about the Fit said Honda makes a Civic with a diesel motor that is second to none. Of course it is not sold in the USA. A car like that would be an upset.It should get between 40 and 60mpg. For a fact I would have bought a volkswagon TDI hatchback if it was as dependable as Honda. I made offers on used ones that did not pan out.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:02 AM
Master FitFreaker
Old 06-19-2006, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
I am constantly asked if it is a hybrid. I reply with a 'no, but it will get 35 MPG'. They seem disappointed that it is not a hybrid anyway.

...as they drive away in their 'holier than thou' 17 MPG volkswagen van dumping out noxious pollutants...

Shopping at Costco today I found myself thinking 'oh, I don't have the van anymore! I can't just buy whatever, I have to remember it might not fit in the new car'. bought my $300. worth of supplies and set up for long mode. Silly me, I got it all in and realized I could put the seats back up. Plenty of room behind the seats!

Old 06-19-2006, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aziatiklover
I read this thread... It seams that the scion is more tech like. This to me seems to fit what is happening now in the world with computers and stuff. Younger people are saturated with info and constant change. It must make more sense to them to buy a scion. You can basicly make it custom . Why not. I think the younger people win on that one. If it is economicly feasable perhaps it will be the way we buy cars. I know auto industry does studies to know what we want but they miss it somtimes. Yes the fit seems to be more of a practical car on the conservetive side. But then the Fit does have the padle shifters and I link. I dont know it is a little of both

Old 08-06-2006, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
I was a bicycle shop when customers spoted my fit. They said "thats one of those fits" I think they have seen the comercials about the car. I havent seen a commercial lately for a fit. The yaris is being advertised in a similer way as the Fit. Well it seems people are very curious about the fit