New 2018 owner of fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 02:58 AM
bjh
New 2018 owner of fit

After having my fit for 2 weeks was driving home into sunset and had horrible glare on windsheild. Looking closer could see hundreds of pin point sparkly things on windsheild. Took it back to dealer and salesman said it probably got splattered with something while in transport from Mexico to washington. No problem, bring it in and they would use a clay bar and get it off.
When I picked it up it looked better, but then discovered most are still there and very rough. They said it was sap and I must have parked under trees. I haven't. After doing research on line, I discovered it is called pitting and was probably caused by sand or very hot heat. Going back to dealership monday. They asked if I had parked under trees again? I haven't!! It is also on side Windows and top of car suface. Anyone else have issue with this???

Old 07-29-2018, 06:22 AM
5 Year Member
I'm going to offer a slim, slim, nearly non-existent hope.
With my Honda Fit, if I have just cleaned the dash, used even a "natural" shine protectant, the texture of the dash can catch the sunlight and reflect in the windshield glare. This all disappears if I put on sunglasses. It literally IS the reflection of the dash on the inside of the windshield.

But since you say the problem also exists on the top of the vehicle and the side windows, I'm going to say no, it's probably NOT that simple.

Unfortunately it now becomes a You Say/They Say situation.
Which is an unfortunate cautionary tale as to why you want to very carefully inspect a vehicle BEFORE taking delivery and driving it off the lot.
Once you've driven it off the lot, very hard to prove when the damage occurred.
If the dealership or Honda isn't going to admit to any other vehicles suffering similar damage? And their contention is that this is something that happened AFTER you took delivery? -Well, very hard to prove it wasn't.

Good Luck with resolution.