The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

The Post Whore Thread V.2

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 05:11 AM
5 Year Member
Coyote...what are you doing up?

Old 06-19-2010, 05:46 AM
5 Year Member
Damn! I can't believe I've been up all night already.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
fake j's exhaust FML

Old 06-19-2010, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
What's the deal, redrumm?

Old 06-19-2010, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
bought a fake j's exhaust oh well ill deal

Old 06-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
is it alteast ti? Id be pissed as fuck

Old 06-19-2010, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
yeah it is, its nice for what it is.

i read this and yeah makes me wonder about my old spoon spoiler because of the horrible weave/cracked resin/3 different mounting bolts that were on the spoiler
T1R / AJ-Racing caught selling replica Js parts… | hardparked.com

Last edited by redrumm; 06-19-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
that is some sketchy shit they pulled. makes me think twice about ever buying from them.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
I'm fixing to buy a cheapo ebay cat back exhaust because I am a cheapo and can't afford to buy cheap shit from a reputable brick and mortar establishment that also sells the "real" parts.... I hope it isn't too awfully crappy and ricey sounding.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
idk bro, sometimes you pay for what you get. then again sometimes you luck out. but selling fake parts claiming they are real is just pure bullshit.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah the Apexi exhaust control valve I am also ordering cost almost as much as the catback but it is coming from a reputable supplier and the ones that are on ebay cost more.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
i never deal with ebay, just cant trust them haha.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member
This will be my first dealings with anyone on there but they have excellent reps and sell a lot of parts to satisfied customers... There are a lot of people here on FitFreak that pick up on stuff on ebay and are very pleased but they are also people that know what they looking for..... Lots of brand name stuff for less than elsewhere and some that is priced way higher.... You can also make an offer that is lower than what they are asking and get an even better price.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:03 AM
5 Year Member
I buy and sell on ebay all of the time. It really is hit and miss. I've seen items go for way under value and oddly, way over value. If you know what you're doing, though, you can put yourself in a pretty good position.

Old 06-20-2010, 03:12 AM
5 Year Member
yeah my roommate last year bought and sold all his xbox games on ebay. he always managed to get his money back when he went to sell them after he finished them. pretty awesome that he managed to do that.

ugh i hate my sleep schedule it is so messed up. usually going to sleep at 6am isnt normal

Old 06-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by SoloDolo
i never deal with ebay, just cant trust them haha.
The way you word this is that you think ebay is selling shit. All ebay does is offer an avenue on which to buy parts. You can get some seriously good deals on ebay if you know what you're looking for.

For instance my brother just bought a legit Trust Ti exhaust for his WRX, thing retails for 1500, he picked it up for 800 shipped. Just gotta know how to spot fakes.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
It's the sellers on eBay that you are dealing with, not eBay itself. I have had excellent results with eBay and half.com (which they bought). I buy used textbooks for my sons and re-sell them when we are done. I have bought collectibles and had very good luck - I look for people with as close to a 100% positive rep as possible, and with the textbooks I prefer to deal with students as opposed to large companies (because sometimes the large companies will list books they don't have, which screws up my timeline a lot). So I look for low numbers of sales, but high positive ratings.

You can't tar eBay with such a huge brush - and they also have policies in place that will help you if you get ripped off. I NEVER buy electronics off eBay though - too easy to say "Well it was working when I shipped it!" and how do you prove that it wasn't??

Old 06-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by baylorbro
I buy and sell on ebay all of the time. It really is hit and miss. I've seen items go for way under value and oddly, way over value. If you know what you're doing, though, you can put yourself in a pretty good position.
It's all supply and demand. If there's something that more than one buyer wants, yes, the price can go up, just like at an auction. I always think carefully, set my maximum price, and usually I snipe in the last seconds if it's something I really, really want. I used to think that was unethical but I've been sniped several times and it does work.

The thing about eBay is that if the item came up for sale once, it probably will again, and you can put in searches so that you get notices when things you want are posted. Then you can look at it and decide if you want to bid.

I have replaced things that were dear to me but that got broken. I love eBay. What a boon it's been to collectors! Imagine if all these little weird items were just thrown away! And the Post Office has benefited from all the mailing too.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:24 AM
personnally dealt with ebay twice and all was good. Got my CAI two weeks later (i live in canada)

Old 06-21-2010, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member
If PayPal ever processes the draft from my account I may just make offers on some of the nicer cat backs before settling on a cheap one..... There are advantages to getting a cheap one though one being that I won't cry but maybe snivel a bit if I bottom out and smash the muffler but I can then get an Aero Turbine muffler that is proven to make power and deliver a deep rich tone and the cheapy is 2 1/2" in diameter and will fit the Aero and easily provide enough flow.... I will also have extra money for the Apexi exhaust control valve that can be operated from the drivers seat to increase, decrease flow, back pressure and noise... I will also have a removable silencer with the cheapy.... The Spoon is almost 4 time higher in price, has no resonator smaller diameter pipes and terribly loud..... The Megan I really like but it is heavy, has big tubes and great sound but is loud and at the price it is I am less the money needed for the Apexi exhaust valve.... The cool thing about 10 PSI boost is that that tiny throttle openings will move you down the road or through traffic very quietly and the Apexi exhaust valve partially opened makes more torque at low revs just barely cracking the throttle, and down shifting with it closed works like an engine brake..... I need to catch up on sleep and get this stuff on its way so I can drive it to San Antonio and maybe to Parrot Eyes on South Padre to hang out with my wife's half Mexican Coon Ass Bavarian Spanish cousins...... I plan to be crazy drunk over the 4TH of July holiday ans amongst folks that will not let me kill anyone and get in trouble. Good Night Whores.....Buenos Noches Putos y Putas.

Quick Reply: The Post Whore Thread V.2