2nd Generation GE8 Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the second generation Honda Fit (GE8)

Offset questions -- Used search, no luck

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
Offset questions -- Used search, no luck

So, I have a question about wheel fitment using spacers. I tried search, and about all I could find was that the GE8's have a strict 45-52mm offset necessity, which I found to be false. I'm currently running 15x7 wheels on 195/55/15 Bridgestone Potenzas with an offset of 42mm, and have no rubbing issues lock to lock.

So here's my question:

What would happen if I added 1 inch wheel spacers, using all the proper and necessary hardware? Would I have some rubbing issues or require rolled fenders?

Definitely not going for Hellaflush, just trying to see how far I can offset my tires without having to do a lot of extra modification.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kurisux92
So, I have a question about wheel fitment using spacers. I tried search, and about all I could find was that the GE8's have a strict 45-52mm offset necessity, which I found to be false. I'm currently running 15x7 wheels on 195/55/15 Bridgestone Potenzas with an offset of 42mm, and have no rubbing issues lock to lock.

So here's my question:

What would happen if I added 1 inch wheel spacers, using all the proper and necessary hardware? Would I have some rubbing issues or require rolled fenders?

Definitely not going for Hellaflush, just trying to see how far I can offset my tires without having to do a lot of extra modification.
Quite frankly, i don't know if you realize how much difference a 1" spacer would make. That's A LOT! I'd forsee problems with spacers that thick. Also, you rarely will get clearance issues when turning at full lock. You encounter issues when the suspension compresses and the outside face of the wheel/tire is not in enough to tuck under the fender, thus creating the "rub" dilemma.

Why don't you like the current setup? Your wheels are currently "more" offset than my track wheels (16x7+45) and mine are pretty flush with the fender.
I've also managed 215 width tires on those wheels without any rubbing issues whatsoever... so there is room to wiggle but do you really want to create problems when you're one of the few that doesn't have any?

$.02

Old 12-14-2011, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Point well taken. My thinking was to maximize track width (i've read that you can use wheel spacers for that purpose) with a 7-inch tire width--So I wouldn't have to worry too much with negative effects on steering response.

I realize 1 inch is a lot--Kind of was hoping to have the stability of an 8 inch tire without having an actual 8 inch tire, or being close.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Cool Offset is offset...

Originally Posted by kurisux92

So here's my question:

By wheel width. The base wheels are 15X5, and yours are 2 inches wider.
Honda Fit Parts - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

Not sure what the formula is to figure offset needed with wider wheels...
Mine are 15 X 6.5" (40 offset) with no rubbing...195-60/15 Yokohama Avid Envigors...24.2" outer diameter same as factory 16" Dunlops...

Old 12-15-2011, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blackbeard
By wheel width. The base wheels are 15X5, and yours are 2 inches wider.
Honda Fit Parts - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

Not sure what the formula is to figure offset needed with wider wheels...
Mine are 15 X 6.5" (40 offset) with no rubbing...195-60/15 Yokohama Avid Envigors...24.2" outer diameter same as factory 16" Dunlops...
Mine were the same too, I had the 16" Sport wheels when I bought the car, but the lack of being able to buy a really decent tire irritated me so I switched to a 15x7 I could more easily get a decently priced, good tire for. The added inch didn't seem to hurt my turn in response much at all, actually seemed to help it somewhat.