3rd Generation GK Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

2015 Fit LX MT 3rd gear

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 10:30 AM
2015 Fit LX MT 3rd gear

I have a 2015 Fit Lx 6 speed with less than 10k miles. The 2nd to 3rd gear shift has always been frustrating in this car. In all types of weather the 3rd gear seems to stick when shifting into, while all other shifts are smooth. I always have the clutch all the way in. I love the car, but it's making me wish I went with the CVT. Anyone else having this issue? Suggestions?

Old 09-03-2016, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member
I have similar problems with the shift from second to third. I found that shifting to third around 3.5k smooths it out.

Old 09-05-2016, 08:31 AM
do you mean its hard to pull the stick from 3rd gear position ?
cvt has problems too in this car

Old 05-26-2017, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
I'm experiencing similar things with 3rd. The other things is when I am out of gear, the shifter doesnt automatically position itself centered at all. Definitely a linkage issue some where.

Taking it to the dealership next week for warranty diagnostic/repairs! will share the findings!

Old 05-31-2017, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
So an update on the car:

After one full day at Honda, Fremont, CA, they finally tore down the transmission and found that the shift fork and linkage is screwed up. I couldn't get any more details other than that the tranny will need a rebuild. The problem is all the parts needed to put it together are in different locations and will take a whole week until the work is done. Cool thing is that its covered by the 60K power train warranty. Also gives me an opportunity to put in a new clutch kit, but having trouble finding one. Any suggestions?

I also plan on sharing all the parts that will be replaced in the case any of you are experiencing anything similar.

#ThankGodforWarranty

Old 05-31-2017, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
So an update on the car:

After one full day at Honda, Fremont, CA, they finally tore down the transmission and found that the shift fork and linkage is screwed up. I couldn't get any more details other than that the tranny will need a rebuild. The problem is all the parts needed to put it together are in different locations and will take a whole week until the work is done. Cool thing is that its covered by the 60K power train warranty. Also gives me an opportunity to put in a new clutch kit, but having trouble finding one. Any suggestions?

I also plan on sharing all the parts that will be replaced in the case any of you are experiencing anything similar.

#ThankGodforWarranty

This sounds odd. Most dealers just remove and replace with new or rebuilt, especially under warranty. I haven't heard of a dealer rebuilding the transmission in a very long time

Old 06-01-2017, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rob H
This sounds odd. Most dealers just remove and replace with new or rebuilt, especially under warranty. I haven't heard of a dealer rebuilding the transmission in a very long time
You would think right? So an update on the situation. Just got a call from the service advisor and they will be replacing all the shift forks, shift lever assy, gear sets 2 and 3, clutch case and the additional hardware for the repair. Kinda wish they just replaced the entire assy. Attached are photos of the confirmed parts being replaced under the powertrain warranty.

I am now without a car until next week since some parts sourced will take longer from across the country.

Cheers!

Old 06-01-2017, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
You would think right? So an update on the situation. Just got a call from the service advisor and they will be replacing all the shift forks, shift lever assy, gear sets 2 and 3, clutch case and the additional hardware for the repair. Kinda wish they just replaced the entire assy. Attached are photos of the confirmed parts being replaced under the powertrain warranty.

I am now without a car until next week since some parts sourced will take longer from across the country.

Cheers!
They should be providing a loaner for you since the repair is longer than 24 hours and under warranty