General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Gas door with lock

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DrewE
Your fuel tank gets sediment. Your fuel filter gets clogged. Your engine stalls due to lack of fuel. (If the material is fine enough to get past the filter, it could cause wear/clogging of the injectors and thus poor operation, but with decent fuel filters that should be pretty unlikely.)

It's really rather anticlimactic compared to what might be commonly believed.

If I believe the GE doesnt have "fuel filter" anymore?
thats what the mechanic and the dealer told me....

Mind you, I do not suggest putting sugar in a gas tank, as an experiment or otherwise.
But ofcourse not... Lol...

Last edited by phenoyz; 06-17-2015 at 01:37 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
Sugar does not dissolve in gasoline to any great extent. It's also hardly soluble in ethanol. Realistically, I'm pretty sure that the only way it would get gooey is if there's water in your gas, and you already have problems if that's true to any appreciable extent. As an experiment, it might be interesting to put a little gasoline in a glass bottle or something and add some sugar and see what happens to it—you should see the grains stay as grains, and basically nothing else.

Mind you, I do not suggest putting sugar in a gas tank, as an experiment or
otherwise.
sugar gets soft in gasoline and very much so in gas with water, as most do have a percent or two and is dissolvable in ethanol so it gets rather gooey and really is difficult to clear. many years ago as a halloween 'prank' on a customer we had to use lots of hot water to flush out all lines, the gas tank and carb before getting the car running.
yes, do try a cup of gas ethanol laden and stir well, wait and run thru a fiter made from toilet paper and see what happens. you might put a knife in the cup and see if it gets coated.
we've been meaning to try castrol's magnetic oil that coats internalparts and doesn't drain away - good idea - by the way but I want to see if knives in mobil one versus castrol 20W are different by weight when removed but its a whole afternoon of work.

and no I don't propose contaminating gas with anything except non alcohol injector cleaners or ethanol either. don't even thinkmabout it.