Honda Fit Dealer Reviews Here is your chance to vent bad experiences with your local dealer or praise them for exceptional service! Please include the Dealer name, City, State and Country in the Title of your post. Help fellow FitFreaks find good dealers and avoid bad ones.

Napleton River Oaks Honda Lansing, IL

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Thumbs down Napleton River Oaks Honda Lansing, IL

Bought my car two years ago and just now noticed this thread.

Anyway, got the internet price on the car- the lowest of any dealer around. It was a bit of a hassle because the regular sales staff didn't know about the internet/phone price, but whatever, I got it.

What burned me was being pushed afterwards into a "convenience package"- mudflaps, floor mats, cargo mat, and pinstripe- for 1200! I bitched and a manager knocked it down to 600, so I said whatever. In hindsight, I looked in the accessory catalog and it was 200-300 worth of stuff. BTW, the pinstripe's kinda crooked on one side.

I don't have faith in their service department, either, because they didn't adjust the TPMS during the PDI, so I had to drive all the way back there to get it done (I was living on the other side of Chicago at the time). They never apologized, just mumbled something about how it's a shame that the government mandates that we have to have TPMS. I asked them to install the anchors for the driver's floor mat while I was there, and they totally forgot it- I just did it myself. The Fit's been problem free since then until this LMS recall- it's currently being worked on at another dealer about 5 miles away- I had an appointment at Napleton, thought better of it, and cancelled. We'll see how the other guys do.