1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

to all the dislikers of the GE: what gives?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 10:07 PM
i plan on getting some mods when they come when i save up enough money. but moneys tight cuz i have to earn all of it. hopefully i'll get enough money to mod my ge8!

Old 09-24-2008, 10:53 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
i'm sorry, but i find them just ugly
maybe they'll grow on me, maybe not.
but whatever...
the JDM ones aren't too bad

Old 09-24-2008, 11:26 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlackUp

dood, you are cool
isnt this a car ENTHUSIAST forum??? how am i supposed to get enthusiastic about every dumbass that buys a 09 fit and posts pics of a crappy stock car slowing down the site?? do some stuff to your car, get creative and then i might come around and start liking the 09's. i have yet to see a GE that i like, so i am waiting for someone to prove me wrong.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
I just don't like the styling and they aren't as umm tuneresque of a car, they sorta became more mainstream...granted the gd is widely used by older pplz though. The ge's just don't have that yumminess the gd's do to me...whether it's the shape, the int. or the engine bay...iono.
I do like the ge's though once I seen them in person, still am waiting to drive one but in person the front end isn't so bad.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
i bet the next gen is gonna look better though.

kinda like the civic.

em1 great....ep3 ugly....fg2 nice.....the new 4 door si...SEXI!

haha

dont hate us because our cars look better

Old 09-25-2008, 12:15 AM
Crap, I shouldn't have worn my white socks into this thread..

Old 09-25-2008, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
dont hate us because our cars look better
haha that's the damn truth

Old 09-25-2008, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by mole177
I must say, why do you guys always find the little nook and crannies to critique?

the brakes are this, the acceleration is that and the elongated duckbill nose.

There will always be something better and worse in both worlds.

it's a car and it moves... quite well to boot.

i'm not here being an E-thug, but when will you guys stop trashing the GE?

in the end it's still a Fit and we're family right?
we're not trashing. we're stating out opinions.

i personally think its an ugly, long, minivan wannabe that looked like it got rear ended by a hummer.

but thats not me hating, thats me stating my view of the facts.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
i'd have to agree with most people here. it's just ugly. i've had my 08 for only a couple months, brand new, knowing the 09 was just around the corner.
most people would choose to wait for the newer model, especially if its about to hit the streets, but i just like the gd3 better.

but people have different opinions.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
mod wise... the car JUST came out state side less than a month ago!

of course you're just going to see a bunch of stockies or stockie with tint. it's all we can do at the moment.

:lol:

Old 09-25-2008, 02:15 AM
NICE you posted at 11:11... anyways back on topic...

do any of the aftermarket parts for the GD's fit on the GE's? There were some things I was looking at to put on my car but it says its for GD's so ya

Old 09-25-2008, 04:25 AM
The bottom line is the GD3 kids who are little fanboys of their car will never accept a newer model; It wouldn't matter if the 09' was made of solid gold, they would still find a flaw in it. What's sad is that their precious GD3 looks almost exactly like the Civic SI hatch back that came out around 2003-2004. I don't know the numerical name it was given because well, I'm not a Honda fanboy that thinks every one of Honda's cars were made to turn into rice *cough* race cars.

I bought the car because of the color, price, gas mileage, and overall fun factor while driving; Probably the same reason 80% of the Fit owners 1st and 2nd Gen did. As mentioned above, we're all family, and if you can't accept it, then, f**k you, move on already and bug someone who cares about your worthless opinion.

Oh and before everyone starts fanning the flames with my post - keep in mind that I'm only talking about those who's best argument against the new Fit is it's ugly as hell, the GD3 PWNSOMGWTFBBQINFINITY. Elitists are like opinions, and you know what everyone says about opinions

Old 09-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by 7red7
The bottom line is the GD3 kids who are little fanboys of their car will never accept a newer model; It wouldn't matter if the 09' was made of solid gold, they would still find a flaw in it. What's sad is that their precious GD3 looks almost exactly like the Civic SI hatch back that came out around 2003-2004. I don't know the numerical name it was given because well, I'm not a Honda fanboy that thinks every one of Honda's cars were made to turn into rice *cough* race cars.

I bought the car because of the color, price, gas mileage, and overall fun factor while driving; Probably the same reason 80% of the Fit owners 1st and 2nd Gen did. As mentioned above, we're all family, and if you can't accept it, then, f**k you, move on already and bug someone who cares about your worthless opinion.

Oh and before everyone starts fanning the flames with my post - keep in mind that I'm only talking about those who's best argument against the new Fit is it's ugly as hell, the GD3 PWNSOMGWTFBBQINFINITY. Elitists are like opinions, and you know what everyone says about opinions
so basicaly youre talking to people like me.

take it easy. we're entitled to not like the car. our minds dont have to change. i can honestly say the number one reason i dont like the car is because i think its hideous. and im entitled to have that opinion and say so too. I dont go on every single new fit thread and say OMG YOU SUCK YOURE GOING TO HELL BECAUSE YOU BOUGHT A GE. no, i keep to myself, give opinions and accept the fact that theres a new model, but i dont have to accept it to the point of liking it.

so dont come in here talking about people that you dont know. i can think the gd is better in everyway then the ge, but thats a matter of my opinion compared to yours. no one is right, no one is wrong.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member

So then we should all be 100% rational thinkers then? And have no opinions? To be honest if most of the people bashing the GE8s are only saying they think it's ugly then I'd be pretty happy as a GE8 owner. At that point no one is disagreeing that in most aspects it does make an improvement over the GD3 and the only "flaw" is the styling is not appealing. And as we know, aesthetics are based on opinion. If you care about other people's opinions to the point that it makes you mad, then you deserve to get flustered every time someone says they think you're car is ugly.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
i think i'm in love with fit_love

Old 09-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
isnt this a car ENTHUSIAST forum??? how am i supposed to get enthusiastic about every dumbass that buys a 09 fit and posts pics of a crappy stock car slowing down the site?? do some stuff to your car, get creative and then i might come around and start liking the 09's. i have yet to see a GE that i like, so i am waiting for someone to prove me wrong.
Anyone who loves their car can consider themselves an enthusiast; It isn't defined by the amount of mods or money you put into it. It's also really nice of you to label all of the new owners who might be looking at these boards for some new online pals a dumb ass. Way to make them feel welcomed

Old 09-25-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm done with these boards. They were nice at first, but yeah I knew it would end up just like every other Honda forum...

Old 09-25-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm done with these boards. They were nice at first, but yeah I knew it would end up just like every other Honda forum...
Ask anyone who has been around longer then 2 months. This is the nicest forum you'll ever find. But then people like you come in, picking fights and bashing people for their opinions on your car, and you dont like what you get in return.

You know what they say, if you can't take the heat.....

Old 09-25-2008, 10:46 AM
5 Year Member
Another vote for not liking it cause it's UGLY but being jealous at the new luxuries. I am jealous of the built-in dead pedal (w/ more foot room?), telescoping steering wheel and nicer seats. I do NOT like how the lines on the sides of the car are slanted. The contours work with the shorter front-end in Japan, but on the USDM model they line up funny. My opinion is that the lines (being more horizontal) on the GD make it look more classy than the GE.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
...borriinng...
btw, i just see it from this point of view, if people told you that your girl is ugly, youll come up mad because you dont think so and you like her in a way you dont want her to be bashed, right?
although, people dont have to hurt your feelings its your life not ours, but if you ask me for an opinion, im not that kind of person that would tell you something just to make you feel good. Honesty vs. sympathy thing.

either way, i respect ge8's. Not the worst Honda car out there

Quick Reply: to all the dislikers of the GE: what gives?