1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

to all the dislikers of the GE: what gives?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by fits_all
...borriinng...
btw, i just see it from this point of view, if people told you that your girl is ugly, youll come up mad because you dont think so and you like her in a way you dont want her to be bashed, right?
Lol, good comparison. This is kind of like dating a girl (ge8) & then having the guys who are dating her older and outdated mother (gd3) pick out the flaws in your younger and more modern girl.

The only people seeing the flaws are the ones who are already fully vested in the older mother, everyone else thinks your girl is hot!

Old 09-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by 7red7
The bottom line is the GD3 kids who are little fanboys of their car will never accept a newer model; It wouldn't matter if the 09' was made of solid gold, they would still find a flaw in it. What's sad is that their precious GD3 looks almost exactly like the Civic SI hatch back that came out around 2003-2004. I don't know the numerical name it was given because well, I'm not a Honda fanboy that thinks every one of Honda's cars were made to turn into rice *cough* race cars.
I would gladly accept the new model if it were made of gold..... And in no way am I a Honda Boy or just a Fan Boy of the GD3. In all honesty if I weren't 19 and I wasn't really tall and I didn't want a larger car that looked good and had great gas mileage for only $16000 then I wouldn't have gotten a fit. I could easily afford to buy something much nicer but I choose not to because the fit is the most practical thing for me right now. To be honest there really is no other Honda I would want to own. If I were to get another car I would probably go with dodge or mazda. So to call everyone that owns a honda a fanboy or a honda boy is a bunch of bs.

Originally Posted by Arisenfury
So then we should all be 100% rational thinkers then? And have no opinions? To be honest if most of the people bashing the GE8s are only saying they think it's ugly then I'd be pretty happy as a GE8 owner. At that point no one is disagreeing that in most aspects it does make an improvement over the GD3 and the only "flaw" is the styling is not appealing. And as we know, aesthetics are based on opinion. If you care about other people's opinions to the point that it makes you mad, then you deserve to get flustered every time someone says they think you're car is ugly.
Very well said. It is exactly how I feel on the subject. I actually am trying to get my parents to get the ge8 because I want to check it out and they like the way it looks.

I'm done with these boards. They were nice at first, but yeah I knew it would end up just like every other Honda forum...

Well if you can't handle a little bit of criticism about a car on the intarwebz maybe you should find a new hobby or not ask for opinions.... Just be happy you don't own a cavalier or a neon....

Last edited by Fitcapo; 09-25-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
There you go! You saw what I saw, and I NEED visibility! Even with my side view mirrors turned completely out, I still sometimes miss someone in the lane next to me and start to change lanes. I also need a big view of what's coming up behind me (usually a larger car, truck or SUV!). Visibility is a big issue with me or I might have settled for a Matrix. The Versa is better but still not great. The Mazda 5 is a minivan.

My heart sank when I saw the '09, in the photos above of the MR '08 v. '09. From the side, it looks like 2 different cars, if you cover up the back and look at the front, then cover the front and look at the back.

I was having an awful time getting an '08, and had to buy one with 1,000 miles on it, and you can bet that if I had found the '09 aesthetically pleasing, I would have bought it. I just could not stand it and I knew I'd have to buy another car entirely or go used.

I don't care if others like the GE. I don't mind if they are as enthusiastic about their car as I am about mine. I think they are 2 different cars and I like mine better.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
for example.

what kinda of STUPID question is this?

DO the rear windows row down all the way?
thats from the second Gen thread.

please, hit the dam buttom to row the windows down, and if it aint rowing down. it just doesnt go down all the way.

dont lie..you could have already put a intake an exhaust on the car. so dont tell me you couldnt do anything to it yet. ill give it to ya, lower the car will take a little while. but since you guys are the first. why dont you put your car out there for prototyping?

this aint no honda-tech. ive seen worse on other forums. ie teamintegra.net,socalcivic.com,clubrsx.com,clubep3 ,

Old 09-25-2008, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ProMed
Lol, good comparison. This is kind of like dating a girl (ge8) & then having the guys who are dating her older and outdated mother (gd3) pick out the flaws in your younger and more modern girl.

The only people seeing the flaws are the ones who are already fully vested in the older mother, everyone else thinks your girl is hot!

I was NOT fully invested in the GDs, I just happened to need a new car when they were disappearing. I was excited to hear that the '09s were coming out but when I saw the photos, I knew that it wasn't for me. The front has completely changed, the back has completely changed, the window at the back is smaller, all are deal-killers for me. I don't like the exterior of the car at all. I knew this before I even owned a GD.

As I said, I don't care if others love the GE, it's no skin off my nose. I am entitled to my own opinion and it's not "hateful," it's just my opinion. When did any disagreement or debate turn into an attack on YOUR opinion? Whoever started that crap is a total pansy crybaby. If I tell you that your shirt doesn't flatter your skin tone, do you tell me "You're just a hater!" or do you say, "Thanks, but I love this color!" and go to lunch with me?

I hope some of the GE owners are mature enough to realize that my opinion of their car doesn't matter a hill of beans if they are happy. Just like everyone won't like my GD, and I don't care.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
a crapload of people still think the GD3's are ugly.

i used to have people tell me my car was ugly. you didnt see me whining about it.

now, i had people jocking over my fit. i proved them wrong. and look the fit is a hit now. everyone wants a fit.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:52 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
a crapload of people still think the GD3's are ugly.

i used to have people tell me my car was ugly. you didnt see me whining about it.

now, i had people jocking over my fit. i proved them wrong. and look the fit is a hit now. everyone wants a fit.

yuuuup!! my friends used to make fun of my car like no other, but i have proved them wrong. now they all jock it hahaha.

this thread has turned from "why do GD owners hate the GE" into "wahhh ima GE owner and i cant take criticism". some people need to get over themselves and focus on making your car the best it can be.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
word. ......

Old 09-25-2008, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
why isnt this thread in the general talk section?

Old 09-25-2008, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
i love this forum, the people on here really are some of the greatest and most welcoming people i've ever met. i'm not a member of any other forums so i can't attest to the people on them, but i can't imagine them being better people than the fitfreaks.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Name:  Attempting-To-Give-A-Damn20Larg.gif
Views: 45
Size:  4.0 KB

borrowed form another member

Old 09-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Neverrrr ......... Gd3 Forevverrrrr....

Old 09-25-2008, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
Love that graphic, gonna show it to my programmer son... +1 to you and whoever had it in the first place...

Old 09-25-2008, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
The bottom line is the GD3 kids who are little fanboys of their car will never accept a newer model; It wouldn't matter if the 09' was made of solid gold, they would still find a flaw in it. What's sad is that their precious GD3 looks almost exactly like the Civic SI hatch back that came out around 2003-2004. I don't know the numerical name it was given because well, I'm not a Honda fanboy that thinks every one of Honda's cars were made to turn into rice *cough* race cars.

I bought the car because of the color, price, gas mileage, and overall fun factor while driving; Probably the same reason 80% of the Fit owners 1st and 2nd Gen did. As mentioned above, we're all family, and if you can't accept it, then, f**k you, move on already and bug someone who cares about your worthless opinion.

Oh and before everyone starts fanning the flames with my post - keep in mind that I'm only talking about those who's best argument against the new Fit is it's ugly as hell, the GD3 PWNSOMGWTFBBQINFINITY. Elitists are like opinions, and you know what everyone says about opinions
if it were made of solid gold, i wouldn't get it. it would slow the car down way to much

Old 09-25-2008, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
i got my GD because i like how it looks. i wouldn't get the GE because it looks nasty, but i can't wait to see what people do to their GE when more of an aftermarket comes out for it.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:28 PM
a GE w/ a GD front end swap

Old 09-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator
...I think both sides need to just drop it and stop making these "Why does X year hate Y year" There just going to turn it to... well this thread a big bitch fest. Every one will get along alot better if these kinds of thread stopped getting made.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by MNfit
...I think both sides need to just drop it and stop making these "Why does X year hate Y year" There just going to turn it to... well this thread a big bitch fest. Every one will get along alot better if these kinds of thread stopped getting made.
seriously. people just need to accept the fact that there will always be a difference of opinions. not everyone is gunna like the new stuff better, while someone people are going to think the old stuff is outdated. stop worrying about whether people like it or not and just drop it.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Fa1
Where all the GE peeps go???

Old 09-25-2008, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
mainly in the GE forum perhaps.

Quick Reply: to all the dislikers of the GE: what gives?