1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Ok so i finally hosted some pics and even tho their not very good i wanted to share the few pics i have of the Fit. i will update with more later...

Name:  fitext.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  78.0 KB
Name:  fitenginebay.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  149.6 KB
Name:  fitenginebay2.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  149.1 KB

And here is my dream ride...hopefully i will soon be picking up a 07+ Si sedan to convert...
Name:  Honda-Civic-Type-R-Sedan-7.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  79.8 KB

And heres wifeys car...the entire reason i will be getting an Si...
Name:  E8E090A2.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  72.8 KB

Did a lil editing on the last one but im happy to finally get pics out there...when i do a proper photo shoot (not using an old phone camera) ill post better pics ^_^

Last edited by dled1286; 09-21-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
My buddy has a mint GPW 2008 SI with just under 40K miles he is looking to sell. He wants an S2000. Just sayin

Old 09-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Manga_spawn
My buddy has a mint GPW 2008 SI with just under 40K miles he is looking to sell. He wants an S2000. Just sayin
ill keep it in mind. itll be a minute before i do it. like 6-8 months or so. i really wanna try and find something locally (DFW area) just cuz with my schedule its hard to cross state lines and considering TX is so big...AZ is like 18hr drive away >.<....but i will keep it in mind...anything is possible ^_^

Old 09-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Not long ago the manager had her start working with some of the young cashiers but it is pretty hopeless... The people in this town are very unfriendly unless they are recent transplants and they will play hide and seek in the aisles at Wal-Mart to avoid answering questions as to where the merchandise you are looking for is located...I haven't been in Wal-Mart in a couple of years and it had been that long at least that I had been there before that... I have never been anywhere in my life that I have met as many illiterate people as I have here.. I pretty much just don't interact with anyone around here. I had been told by numerous people that it was weird as hell down here but I couldn't believe it could be as bad as it is..
i feel ya...im not originally from tx and especially not east tx...the ppl out here are...well...how can i put this......"special." it just wears on my nerves sometimes.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:07 PM
I did the turtle wax ice clay bar kit on my entire car then washed it (again) then some "ice" wax and she is lookin purty!

Need to build a box for a 12" sub, my 2-8" are ok but my buddy gave me a 12" so im gonna see what I can do with it

Old 09-21-2011, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
She has an amazing memory and knows the 10 digit code for almost every item in the store and can key them in quicker than she or anyone else can scan them... The line at her register is the longest but fastest moving one in the store because the regular customers always get in her line.... Yesterday a customer and her husband took her to lunch and people buy her cokes all of the time because she remembers their names and is friendly.... I wish to hell she was like that when she is at home.
Remebah TC, she has a good memory, so you'll have to buy her something every hour everyday and she will be like that at home. Oh! and take her to lunch and buy her cokes too!
What really amazes me though is the number of negative things I hear about Walmart but, everytime you go there the place is packed to the rim with customers...Humm

Originally Posted by ryanroland
I did the turtle wax ice clay bar kit on my entire car then washed it (again) then some "ice" wax and she is lookin purty!

Need to build a box for a 12" sub, my 2-8" are ok but my buddy gave me a 12" so im gonna see what I can do with it
Just in time Ro, I need mines waxed too! Think you can squeeze me in there..

Old 09-21-2011, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dled1286
i feel ya...im not originally from tx and especially not east tx...the ppl out here are...well...how can i put this......"special." it just wears on my nerves sometimes.
There is a book called "Smith County Justice" that was written about how a guy named Ken Bora was set up for drug charges by the acting police chief in Tyler.. The guy owned a bar on the loop was a yankee and had long hair but wouldn't allow any drug use in his club.. The Movie "Rush" was based on a book written by one of the cops that set him up... It will really open your eyes, which reminds me that the statue of justice on the square in front of the court house isn't blind folded.. Justice isn't blind in Smith County and they want the citizens to know that. The corruption is even worse in this county.. I think you can still download the book on Wikileaks....

Old 09-21-2011, 11:34 PM
There is a book called "Smith County Justice" that was written about how a guy named Ken Bora was set up for drug charges by the acting police chief in Tyler.. The guy owned a bar on the loop was a yankee and had long hair but wouldn't allow any drug use in his club.. The Movie "Rush" was based on a book written by one of the cops that set him up... It will really open your eyes, which reminds me that the statue of justice on the square in front of the court house isn't blind folded.. Justice isn't blind in Smith County and they want the citizens to know that. The corruption is even worse in this county.. I think you can still download the book on Wikileaks....
wow...thats sad but i somehow wouldnt doubt it. its kinda like the whole "dry county" idea...lets all stop in county sales of alcohol so the drunks can all get on the hwy at midnight and kill everyone between tyler and lake palestine. but thats why smith co has one of the highest drunk driving fatality rates and it all bass akwards in my opinion.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:50 AM
5 Year Member
And heres wifeys car...the entire reason i will be getting an Si...

Did a lil editing on the last one but im happy to finally get pics out there...when i do a proper photo shoot (not using an old phone camera) ill post better pics ^_^
Nah, no need for the SI. Get a Firehawk WS6 to one up her's instead.

[/loves late 4th gen F-Bodies]

Old 09-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Nah, no need for the SI. Get a Firehawk WS6 to one up her's instead.

[/loves late 4th gen F-Bodies]
meh...i like the styling but im not real big into american "muscle" from between 1990 and 2009. And her car is the V-6 so she's only pullin 205 bhp in best conditions. Si will get me MUCH better mileage (gotta dd it about 12mi to work one way) and with a bolt on intake and exhaust ill be eating the Firebird for breakfast with almost half the displacement(3.8L V-6)...but i LOVE the f-body too...especially the rear end...mmmmmm...lol

Old 09-22-2011, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
My inlaw has a 99 firehawk with 60,xxx miles on it....mmm. It's automatic and really not all that fast but I still want it.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
here in tyler, in the library downtown close to the square, there is 1 copy in a glass case that is a hard back. it is not for sale or for rent. just saying.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
meh...i like the styling but im not real big into american "muscle" from between 1990 and 2009. And her car is the V-6 so she's only pullin 205 bhp in best conditions. Si will get me MUCH better mileage (gotta dd it about 12mi to work one way) and with a bolt on intake and exhaust ill be eating the Firebird for breakfast with almost half the displacement(3.8L V-6)...but i LOVE the f-body too...especially the rear end...mmmmmm...lol
Its all good, everyone has their preferences. What are the power, weight, and mileage figures for the Civic Si?

If I remember right, the LS1 F-bodies weren't too shabby on gas (at least on the highway) if equipped with the Tremec T-56 6 speed manual transmission. They featured a gearing lock out force you to shift from 1st straight to 4th if a certain engine RPM isn't met as well as use 5th and 6th gear as overdrive rating them at 28 MPG highway, 19 city, and 22 mixed at the time.

Originally Posted by ReeSpeed
My inlaw has a 99 firehawk with 60,xxx miles on it....mmm. It's automatic and really not all that fast but I still want it.
The gearing in the 4-speed autos F-bodies (as well as many other domestics) simply suck, period. They're all poorly geared and usually have tall final gears, in the V6 Firebird and Camaros the autos come standard with 2.73s or 3.08s depending on the A/T transmission they're equipped with. A/Ts also had factory final gear options for 3.23s (from the M/T Firebird) or 3.42s (from M/T Forumla/Trans Am). Plus, being under-powered and under-torqued in comparison to the LS1 models doesn't help it run through those tall gears as well.

Last edited by Hootie; 09-22-2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Supa slow typa and forgot quotes!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Its all good, everyone has their preferences. What are the power, weight, and mileage figures for the Civic Si?

If I remember right, the LS1 F-bodies weren't too shabby on gas (at least on the highway) if equipped with the Tremec T-56 6 speed manual transmission. They featured a gearing lock out force you to shift from 1st straight to 4th if a certain engine RPM isn't met as well as use 5th and 6th gear as overdrive rating them at 28 MPG highway, 19 city, and 22 mixed at the time.
The Civic Si is RATED at 21/29(city/highway), 25 combined and the 2012 is 22/31, 27 combined I think. I do mostly in town driving and with a 6 speed gearbox I'm sure to get better fuel eco than that especially with my etc. dunno what it is but there's just something about the "H" that keeps me coming back...it'll be my 3rd Honda in a row and I don't think I will ever not own at least one in addition to any other cars I have...Honda's are like crack, once you've had a little bit, you'll do anything to have some more...lol. But I grew up with old skool muscle and I have a soft spot in my heart for them...especially a plum crazy purple 1970 Hemi 'Cuda with the shaker hood and a white interior...

Last edited by dled1286; 09-22-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
Free Mods are my favourite!

Pool Ball Shift Knob Crew #12

Why #12? Body colour match; striped; amount of boost required to make a difference.

Last edited by Giggles; 09-22-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Giggles
Why #12? Body colour match; stripped; amount of boost required to make a difference.
I like that... Now which P-hall is missing it?

Old 09-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Subie
LMAO!
Someone isnt getting their deposit back on the balls....

Old 09-22-2011, 01:42 PM
ETC just got dropped by the mailman...gonna be a small party when i get home tonight
Name:  F1E1069C.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  32.0 KB

Old 09-22-2011, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Subie
LMAO!
Someone isnt getting their deposit back on the balls....
The set was missing 3 balls when it was purchased...no pool halls were harmed in the making of this shift knob.
Used this $5 set to practice the drilling method. Worked great, now on to brand-new, better looking balls.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Giggles
The set was missing 3 balls when it was purchased...no pool halls were harmed in the making of this shift knob.
Used this $5 set to practice the drilling method. Worked great, now on to brand-new, better looking balls.
Have fun with drilling all those balls........just remember not to squeeze to hard when your runnin thru those gears...

Last edited by dled1286; 09-22-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?