1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
We showed our last car show of the year at Bridge Day near the New River Gorge. It was an awesome trip up a winding road with tons of curves. Made me appreciate the nimble handling of the Fit and how much fun it was slamming and rolling those curves. The Fit did great and we had a blast. My friend Rod won Best Tuner with his 2005 Honda Accord JDM modified! I had to fix my tow hook when I got there because it was sideways - guess a good indication of how curvey that road really was! LOL!

Old 10-15-2011, 11:22 PM
just got my mugen visors today from Fitting, cant install them yet because i just tinted the windows :/ i also repainted my front lip... looking to get buddyclub coilovers soon. will post pics probably next week.

edit: anyone recommend any products to use to fix some scratches on my visors? they scratched when i was driving back home and left them in the back seat :/

Last edited by ydna; 10-15-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by ydna

edit: anyone recommend any products to use to fix some scratches on my visors? they scratched when i was driving back home and left them in the back seat :/
You could try some super fine grit sandpaper and wet sand it, or maybe some super high liquid polish and honing goo. I used to use the latter on tile flooring. Start high, and if it is taking too much elbow grease work your way down to lower grits, and then back up again.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator
Yesterday and today me and my brother are working on installing my passenger seat rail and Recaro seat. The seat rail was not a direct bolt on would never have been able to get this in with out my brother and his ability to weld.

Test fitting the front foot that had to be remade because the original was so far off. That needs to get welded up today and fin ish welding the bracket for the seat belt.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Brought my T1R header and T1R test pipe to the shop today. Removed all the surface build up, carbon from the pipes, and chased the treads for the oxygen sensors and air/fuel ratio sensor.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=MNfit;1042154]Yesterday and today me and my brother are working on installing my passenger seat rail and Recaro seat. The seat rail was not a direct bolt on would never have been able to get this in with out my brother and his ability to weld.
I wish you had posted this yesterday.
I spent a few hours trying to help a fourteen year old neighbor install some EBay seats his grandmother bought to replace the stock seats in a little Geo AWD thingamajig... He was positively sure that they would be a cinch and no amount of explanation could convince him other wise... I have a welder but no 220 in to hook up to so finally the fat little bastard decided that since the guy whose family has for 3 generations has owned the only decent machine shop and welding business and hunts for free on property his grandfather owns in Missouri owes them a favor and would happily do up some mounts for free..... Yeah after I screwed up my back jacking with him...

Old 10-16-2011, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ydna
just got my mugen visors today from Fitting, cant install them yet because i just tinted the windows :/ i also repainted my front lip... looking to get buddyclub coilovers soon. will post pics probably next week.

If the scratches aren't deep you might try some #6 high gloss cleaning and polishing compound.. It is what I had always heard referred to as polishing rouge, is in stick form and used on polishing wheels in machine gun and chrome plating shops... I have used it on a razor strop when I used a straight razor, to polish aluminum, chrome and plastic on German British and American made motorcycles... My very expensive prescription glasses got a hazy area on them because I had laid them on the front seat of my car while wearing sunglasses for about 350 miles and I used the stuff on a damp cotton ball to make them perfectly clear again.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
I finally put in that DC Sport front strut bar for my drive through the Smokeys...I like it!

Old 10-17-2011, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
Installed my door sills earlier. Posting pics in my build thread later.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:15 AM
I did the tension spring mod to my gas pedal today. The S rings I chose were just a few millimeters too small, so I had to take two pairs of pliers and open one up a bit to fit around the armature. It's noticeably stiffer, but I won't be able to give a good judgement until after driving all day for work tomorrow.

Also, the springs in the door section of Home Depot had either really long ones, really fat ones, or ones that were too short, so I used two 2.5" springs in tandem. Seems to be about perfect.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
Hope it works out for you Crispy. On the pedal end you can hook up a 1/2" cable clamp eyelet to keep the spring from sliding up/down.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Subie
Hope it works out for you Crispy. On the pedal end you can hook up a 1/2" cable clamp eyelet to keep the spring from sliding up/down.
That is what I did.. I had some that were coated with rubber on the inside and after driving with it and adjusting to the best position for my size13 foot I used GE translucent RTV108 silicone rubber adhesive sealant to
hold it in place.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Compound turbo?
I got first dibs on the Kraftwerks high boost kit!
I think by compound turbo he means compound BOOSTING which would be a customer turbo/supercharger mix that produces power all across the rev band without turbo lag and with out the fallout that tends to happen in the high end of the rev band with superchargers.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Got my Rogue scoop on this A.M. im excited for the possibilities!

Old 10-18-2011, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Added windshield washer fluid.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
Changed both headlight bulbs. Left side went out so just slapped on some Silverstar Ultras (not 1st choice) from auto store closest to the house. Left side (driver) was harder to dig through than the right side.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:04 AM
Compound Turbo:
Big compressor feeds into small compressor. Small turbine and by pass feed into big turbine.

Sequential Turbo:
Small turbo and big turbo operate independently through a series of bypass valves and wastegates.

Twincharging:
Feeding a turbo chargers compressor into the supercharger inlet.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Compound Turbo:
Big compressor feeds into small compressor. Small turbine and by pass feed into big turbine.

Sequential Turbo:
Small turbo and big turbo operate independently through a series of bypass valves and wastegates.

Twincharging:
Feeding a turbo chargers compressor into the supercharger inlet.
Thx for clearing that up for me. I had always heard of twin charging referred to as "twin-turbo" and "compound boosting" was with a supercharger feeding a turbo charger.

I'm not sure about what was meant originally, but with Texas Coyote already having a supercharger on the Fit, I assumed that it was going to feed a turbo for more and better distributed power.

Last edited by dled1286; 10-19-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by dled1286
So on saturday, with some help from j, got the ETC installed...and i understand now why its one of the best mods for the Fit!

So heres a couple pics of what we did...

Zip tied the connector to the OBD II port just to make sure it wont wriggle off...because that would suck

Mounted in the glove box out of sight. Didnt get pics of it but the main control box is mounted to the metal panel/wiring right behind the glove box. All the wires are run behind all the vents against the firewall and then up behind the glove box. Makes for a super clean install and really easy access. Its super simple to learn how many times to press the mode button to get where you want it so you dont really have to see the unit.
Where did you purchase your ETC?

Old 10-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by TxTurboFit
Where did you purchase your ETC?
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/merc...roller-20.html

TWPANSON sells them. Post up there and he will PM you the purchase info and price.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?