Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales This area is for private individuals or small merchants to list NEW Products For Sale or to Organize Group Buys. Unlike "FIT VENDORS" on the forum, the staff of FITFREAK does not perform any background checks on individuals listing product offerings in this sub-forum. Payment is required in order to list your product in this sub-forum. CLICK HERE for payment details and instant Thread Posting access to this sub-forum.

ETC 12 step Adjustable Throttle Controller

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 02:56 PM
my bad...just checked the usps tracking number and it says its processed thru the houston facility, houston being as close as it is, can i expect it the end of this week? maybe in time for a weekend install?

Old 09-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Just got it dropped off...get it installed Saturday and ill post pics of where i put it...
Name:  F1E1069C.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  32.0 KB

Old 09-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by xcelir8fit
Yes, I lined up where I wanted the display to be, used a sharpie to a make a dot where the cable would have to run through (slightly to the right/under the left side of the display) and drilled a hole large enough for the cable/end connector to fit. I was able to take the entire black cup holder out by pinching/yanking, so I did this on my bench. I then used a little velcro to hold the unit down and some 'goop' glue behind it with tape covering the whole thing until dry. Then, I just ran the cable under the center console to the driver's foot well and popped the entire cup holder with display back down and wala!
Did this today. Easy and quick. I've been driving in SP7 mode lately. Drove my buddy's G37x yesterday and was like, "Damn, you gotta smash the pedal and wait a bit before this thing goes!"

Old 09-26-2011, 03:39 AM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
5 Year Member
late night bump~~~

Sincerely,
Panson

Old 09-26-2011, 08:58 AM
So heres where I mounted mine...
Name:  5CB69CA9-orig.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  120.5 KB
Super simple install. All the wiring is run along the firewall behind all the venting in the center then up behind the glove box. The main control unit is mounted behind the glove box on the metal support near the front. Super simple to learn how many time to press the mode button to get where you wanna go so being able to see the unit is unnecessary IMO. Looks super clean with out it in the main cabin too.

+REP for Pan!!! Awesome product, would HIGHLY recommend for anyone wanting that little something extra for the Fit, or just about any car with an electronic throttle.

Old 09-29-2011, 02:58 AM
how much for one im interested

Old 09-30-2011, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
Hi,

You've got a pm.

Sincerely,
Panson

Originally Posted by bao khong
how much for one im interested

Old 09-30-2011, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
Just put mine back in the car. Took it out for a bit. Have had it on Ec3 all day. Feels amazing. Nice and smooth take offs. Gas milage for today was 42.3 avg. I'm falling in love all over again

Old 10-01-2011, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
Morning Bump for a great add-on that every Fit owner should get one..

Sincerely,
Panson

Old 10-04-2011, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
still waiting on your reply

Old 10-04-2011, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
Sir,

PM back, sorry for the oversight.

Sincerely,
Panson

Originally Posted by Noxm09
still waiting on your reply

Old 10-08-2011, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
All pm replied.

Sincerely,
Panson

Old 10-16-2011, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
All PM replied!

Bump~~~

Panson

Old 10-19-2011, 08:39 PM
I am interested in ordering this, can you please send me the purchase info.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:53 AM
5 Year Member
Hi,

You've got a pm

Sincerely,
Panson

Originally Posted by TxTurboFit
I am interested in ordering this, can you please send me the purchase info.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
3 questions for TWPanson and any ETC owners.

1. My Fit has to have a OBDII state inspection soon. Would it be okay to disconnect the OBDII connector for the ETC and leave it disconnected until the inspection?

2. Would leaving the OBDII connector unplugged do anything else aside from not power the ETC? By anything else I mean any Diagnostic Trouble Codes or Check Engine Light illumination.

3. Has anyone wired the reverse cancel wire for their ETC yet?

Old 10-25-2011, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie

1. My Fit has to have a OBDII state inspection soon. Would it be okay to disconnect the OBDII connector for the ETC and leave it disconnected until the inspection?

2. Would leaving the OBDII connector unplugged do anything else aside from not power the ETC? By anything else I mean any Diagnostic Trouble Codes or Check Engine Light illumination.

for questions 1 and 2: In nature it shouldnt cause any issue, it will not receive any power to the control module and thus act as a blank gateway if you will through the wireharness and act as it did when stock

to answer your third question, i have had the reverse wire connected since day 1 and everything works fine, did you have a specific q about it?

Old 10-26-2011, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
Hi,

Tks for the question.

1. It is okay to disconnect OBD. Acceleration will go back to stock mode. This is part of ETC's safety bypass system.

2. Leaving OBD unplugged won't cause any CEL or code in your ECU.

Sincerely,
Panson

Originally Posted by Hootie

Old 10-26-2011, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
for questions 1 and 2: In nature it shouldnt cause any issue, it will not receive any power to the control module and thus act as a blank gateway if you will through the wireharness and act as it did when stock

to answer your third question, i have had the reverse wire connected since day 1 and everything works fine, did you have a specific q about it?
You're response to 1 & 2 does make quite good sense. My concern though would be that I don't wait long enough (the papers recommend 10 minutes) before unplugging the throttle's connectors and with my luck I'd trip the CEL. Ha!

In regards to 3, I was wondering where does the stray blue wire go to. I picked up one of TWP's ETC's second hand from a buddy who who sold their Fit and was strapped for cash. I'm not sure if it was trimmed down some or came that way for the M/T GD3 (I have an A/T GD3) but there isn't any mention of where the blue wire runs to for the reverse cancel that I know of.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
I have never unhooked mine for state inspection or hooked up the reverse wire... It scared the hell out of my wife when she backed the Fit out of the barn one morning when I told her she could take it to work. I was driving it all of the time in the SP7 setting before I upgraded the S/C to 10PSI.

Quick Reply: ETC 12 step Adjustable Throttle Controller