Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales This area is for private individuals or small merchants to list NEW Products For Sale or to Organize Group Buys. Unlike "FIT VENDORS" on the forum, the staff of FITFREAK does not perform any background checks on individuals listing product offerings in this sub-forum. Payment is required in order to list your product in this sub-forum. CLICK HERE for payment details and instant Thread Posting access to this sub-forum.

ETC 12 step Adjustable Throttle Controller

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
You're response to 1 & 2 does make quite good sense. My concern though would be that I don't wait long enough (the papers recommend 10 minutes) before unplugging the throttle's connectors and with my luck I'd trip the CEL. Ha!

In regards to 3, I was wondering where does the stray blue wire go to. I picked up one of TWP's ETC's second hand from a buddy who who sold their Fit and was strapped for cash. I'm not sure if it was trimmed down some or came that way for the M/T GD3 (I have an A/T GD3) but there isn't any mention of where the blue wire runs to for the reverse cancel that I know of.
You don't need to unplug the throttle harness, just unplug the OBDII plug which provides power to the control module. Normal driving will resume by bypassing the module and cause it to drive as stock.

The reverse cancel wire can be connected to your reverse signal light wire by the fuses under the dash. When a signal is sent upon putting your car in reverse it triggers this wire to turn on your reverse lights. The same signal is used by the control module to put it in normal when backing up. A simple wire tap to this line should suffice.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by twpanson
Hi,

Tks for the question.

1. It is okay to disconnect OBD. Acceleration will go back to stock mode. This is part of ETC's safety bypass system.

2. Leaving OBD unplugged won't cause any CEL or code in your ECU.

Sincerely,
Panson
Awesome, that's what I was thinking but wanted to be sure that a code wouldn't set prior to inspection. Thanks for chimming in with your response.

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I have never unhooked mine for state inspection or hooked up the reverse wire... It scared the hell out of my wife when she backed the Fit out of the barn one morning when I told her she could take it to work. I was driving it all of the time in the SP7 setting before I upgraded the S/C to 10PSI.
The ETC will have to be unplugged during my inspection since I'm in an emission county and will have to undergo emissions testing. :/ If I remember correctly, emissions testing does not apply to Anderson County (will check at work Friday) so you can just get away with a visual inspection and brake test.

I'm not likely going to hook up the wire as well but will tape of the naked end prior to installing since I'm pretty much the only driver of the Fit. Hopefully I don't snag a mirror on the garage door in SP9.

Originally Posted by Java^FiT
You don't need to unplug the throttle harness, just unplug the OBDII plug which provides power to the control module. Normal driving will resume by bypassing the module and cause it to drive as stock.

The reverse cancel wire can be connected to your reverse signal light wire by the fuses under the dash. When a signal is sent upon putting your car in reverse it triggers this wire to turn on your reverse lights. The same signal is used by the control module to put it in normal when backing up. A simple wire tap to this line should suffice.
Gotcha! In other words the ETC with the OBDII disconnected is basically like a "jumper wire" that retains the factory throttle signal.

The reverse cancel sounds like some cutting into the wiring harness may be involved. Might just skip out on that, thanks for letting me know about it though.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Gotcha! In other words the ETC with the OBDII disconnected is basically like a "jumper wire" that retains the factory throttle signal.

The reverse cancel sounds like some cutting into the wiring harness may be involved. Might just skip out on that, thanks for letting me know about it though.
That's correct.

The reverse cancel actually isn't as hard as you may think. As long as you can find a pinout of the harness' by the fuses you just need one of those crimping splicers to tap into the correct wire with your blue one. I have a ge but I can take a pic of how I did it if you want

Old 11-08-2011, 04:52 AM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
5 Year Member
Discussion here is getting more intelligent

All PM replied.

Sincerely,
Panson

Old 11-16-2011, 04:15 AM
5 Year Member
Bump~~ bump~~

Sincerely,
Panson

Old 11-23-2011, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
late night Bump~~

Sincerely,
Panson

Old 11-28-2011, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
Bump~~~

All PM replied

Sincerely,
Panson

Old 12-09-2011, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
Bump~~

Sincerely,
Panson

Old 12-12-2011, 03:48 AM
5 Year Member
Bump~~

Sincerely,
Panson

Old 12-12-2011, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
Coyote and Hootie,

When I went for my inspection, I just unplugged the plug from the obd plug. It just defaulted to regular and as soon as I got back in the car, it worked perfectly.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:01 PM
5 Year Member
I am selling one if anyone is interested. I no longer need it with my drive by cable setup. here is the link to my for sale thread. I will sell it to you SUPER cheap. pm me asap!

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...tons-more.html

Old 12-22-2011, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
bump~~~ for holiday season~~

Sincerely,
Panson

Old 12-26-2011, 08:57 AM
Just as a quick FYI, if you get one and want to hide things behind the glove compartment...dont secure the module along side the radio antennae wire...it will cause certain frequencies to get all effed up...here in Tyler its 96.1 and Dallas 102.1...other than that this is an AWESOME product! The only issue i have had is the radio thing and that was my fail >_<.

Another nice thing about this is that the same harness for the GD Fit works for the FA/FG Civic Si, which is my next car...soon. So between the time i get the Si and i spring for KPro or FlashPro, it will be a nice way to +1 MPG's for my work commute and +1 newb pwning when the need arises.

Last edited by dled1286; 12-26-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Bump~~ ATC are in stock and ready to ship.

A great add-on to have more fun during holiday season driving.

Sincerely,
Panson

Old 12-29-2011, 07:57 PM
price shipped to 46221?

Old 01-01-2012, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
All pm replied,

Sincerely,
Panson

Old 01-04-2012, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
TW any plans to ever make a unit like the Pivot all in one setup? Or how easy is it to modify an existing unit to have higher SP settings? My Pivot stays on SP7 always as it is, even with the J's reflash having an altered throttle, the throttle controller is still welcomed by my iron right foot.

Name:  HKSCAC1.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  283.0 KB

You can slightly make out the unit below the aircon display and to the left of the ETC (electronic toll collector). This is only reason I went with the Pivot because of the all in one box over your piece.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:11 AM
5 Year Member
RDing on this.

Will keep you all posted!!

Sincerely,
Panson

Old 01-17-2012, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
Bump for a great add-on

Sincerely,
Panson

Old 01-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Price shipped to 45231?

Quick Reply: ETC 12 step Adjustable Throttle Controller