1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I filled up the tank today and got 30.34 MPG... It was a month ago that it was last filled and there was some WOT driving during the last tank. I put 240 miles since filling it up and have used less than half a tank but since I fill to the top I can put over 13 gallons in it.
HOLY CHRIST!!!!! 13 GALLONS IN A TANK!!! If mine is completely, running on fumes empty, I can top off with just under 12. And Ive found that since Ive purchased my ETC that my mileage has improved quite a bit. Before I averaged around 24-25 mpg. After the installation, I had driven about 1/3 of a tank off when I installed it, with a few WOT pulls I still averaged 27.5 mpg. I filled up again this week and hope to see even better results. WONDERFUL piece of tech/performance mod! I love it!

Old 10-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Clean looking little ride you have there Billboard.
+1 On that ^_^

Old 10-03-2011, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
The filler tube is a long motheroo, you have to burp it by rocking the car to remove air bubbles and if the driveway slants away from the pump you can cram even more in it... You don't want to drive a couple of miles and park it in your garage on a 112 degree day because gasoline fumes will be overwhelming when you raise the door... I was able to easily drive over 500 miles on a tank by doing this when my car was stock... The ETC is useful for improving mileage and a lot of fun when you say, too hell with gas mileage, I want to party.. I don't have mine hooked up right now and I am missing it terribly.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:30 AM
The filler tube is a long motheroo, you have to burp it by rocking the car to remove air bubbles and if the driveway slants away from the pump you can cram even more in it... You don't want to drive a couple of miles and park it in your garage on a 112 degree day because gasoline fumes will be overwhelming when you raise the door... I was able to easily drive over 500 miles on a tank by doing this when my car was stock... The ETC is useful for improving mileage and a lot of fun when you say, too hell with gas mileage, I want to party.. I don't have mine hooked up right now and I am missing it terribly.
AAAAHHHH!!! I see now...makes sense...and yes...the ETC is amazing when you wanna party...especially the 16 step...throw it into SP9 (although it is VERY spastic for city driving) and it feels like the car has had about 10 WHP added to the low end of the power band...its amazing what a lil ECU trickery can do...lol

Old 10-03-2011, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
I plan to order a new one like you have. It has more settings and is smaller.. I really like how you mounted yours but I think if I was to do it that way I'd have to put a small mirror on the opposite side with that many settings...

Old 10-03-2011, 09:45 AM
I plan to order a new one like you have. It has more settings and is smaller.. I really like how you mounted yours but I think if I was to do it that way I'd have to put a small mirror on the opposite side with that many settings...
Actually its really easy to memorize. Once you have the Setting set(i.e. SP7) in the mode you want(EC/SP) all you have to do is press the mode button and it will cycle thru the modes. Whatever mod you are in its ! click to Nor and 2 clicks to the opposite mode. So if your in SP, press mode 2x and your in ECO. I actually have had no issues with it. I set each mode where i wanted it and then called it good...lol

Last edited by dled1286; 10-03-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by billboard
i didnt read one positive review on it; lols!. but i love it and its my car sooooo
Absolutely right! Whatever works for you! Nice!

Old 10-03-2011, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
Clean looking little ride you have there Billboard.
thankya sir...

Originally Posted by dled1286
+1 On that ^_^
muchos gracias

Originally Posted by Subie
Absolutely right! Whatever works for you! Nice!
thanks man, i found a couple of threads around here that talked about the mid-wing, i couldnt figure out why nobody liked it... o well, i bought, painted and installed an i love the way it looks...

Old 10-03-2011, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
Midwing is atrocious, but to each his own I guess.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I like the look but, probably not intended but, it looks like a water and or debris catchment reservoir though.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Midwing is atrocious, but to each his own I guess.
I have seen worse ones but I guess what I don't getis what does it actually do? I cannot imagine any downforce ir produced at all by it and why you would want more downforce on the back of a fwd car I am not really sure. I don't think it looks bad I just can't really see it being functional but like you said to each there own.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by Manga_spawn
I have seen worse ones but I guess what I don't getis what does it actually do? I cannot imagine any downforce ir produced at all by it and why you would want more downforce on the back of a fwd car I am not really sure. I don't think it looks bad I just can't really see it being functional but like you said to each there own.
To be completely honest I think it is just for aesthetic purposes. Downforce to a degree is needed on the rear of a FWD car just to keep the wheels planted enough to keep it from spinning out on every turn at speed(FD2 Civic Type-R for example) buy as a whole downforce isnt needed for FWD cars like it is for RWD. And I doubt the manufacturer claims any downforce from it unless there is a diffuser cycling air up to it(which is highly unlikely)

Old 10-04-2011, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
To be completely honest I think it is just for aesthetic purposes. Downforce to a degree is needed on the rear of a FWD car just to keep the wheels planted enough to keep it from spinning out on every turn at speed(FD2 Civic Type-R for example) buy as a whole downforce isnt needed for FWD cars like it is for RWD. And I doubt the manufacturer claims any downforce from it unless there is a diffuser cycling air up to it(which is highly unlikely)
Being that it is probably more than anything an aesthetic item and may serve no other function doesn't bother me at all.... I still think billboards car looks great... It fits and blends in well and is much more subtle than if he had a
sharply angled carbon fiber duck bill wing on top that would slow his car down and hurt his fuel mileage.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:47 AM
5 Year Member
I wrote a check that paid off my Fit today and negotiated a lower interest rate loan on the Forester.... I start drawing social security in a few months so that and no car payment is going to make it easier to do everything I want to do to the car and then some

Old 10-04-2011, 01:51 AM
Being that it is probably more than anything an aesthetic item and may serve no other function doesn't bother me at all.... I still think billboards car looks great... It fits and blends in well and is much more subtle than if he had a
sharply angled carbon fiber duck bill wing on top that would slow his car down and hurt his fuel mileage.
I agree with everything but the duckbill spoiler part...i think they look sexy and real OG Honda hatch. but i paid of the fit around feb or march so thats why i can get a 8th gen Si soon.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
I found the same thing! My two favorite mods are my ETC and Progress RSB
Nice! I've been digging the RSB since install. I used a set of grade 12 bolts and new locknuts from Fastenal as well as some rubber grommets from Home Depo to prevent any metal to metal squeaking. Very simple to install especially if you have access to a vehicle lift (we used jacks and jack stands).

What springs do you have? I'm running the stock ones still and the car feels almost neutral. In fact when getting on the highway, the Fit just dig into the ground and hooked around the corner to the freeway ramp.

Originally Posted by billboard
i installed my jdm replica midwing today... i know it is hated by almost every fit owner im pretty sure... i didnt read one positive review on it; lols!. but i love it and its my car sooooo

thought i would share...

Not my style but it does look like a clean install and what always matters most is that YOU like what YOU put on your car. Looks like whoever did the paint word did a great work color matching the wing as well.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Nice! I've been digging the RSB since install. I used a set of grade 12 bolts and new locknuts from Fastenal as well as some rubber grommets from Home Depo to prevent any metal to metal squeaking. Very simple to install especially if you have access to a vehicle lift (we used jacks and jack stands).

What springs do you have? I'm running the stock ones still and the car feels almost neutral. In fact when getting on the highway, the Fit just dig into the ground and hooked around the corner to the freeway ramp.
Im still on stock springs as well and thats probably the best way to describe the feeling is neutral

Last edited by dled1286; 10-04-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
I agree with everything but the duckbill spoiler part...i think they look sexy and real OG Honda hatch. but i paid of the fit around feb or march so thats why i can get a 8th gen Si soon.
We are refinancing the Forester at a lower interest rate today so we will pay it off much sooner.... I really need to replace my Iseki tractor with something larger with AWD... I don't feel safe with all of the dried out vegetation and the threat of wild fires... There isn't really soil here but very loose sugar sand which is why we have the Forester.... I might see about a carbon fiber wing for the tractor I get.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
We are refinancing the Forester at a lower interest rate today so we will pay it off much sooner.... I really need to replace my Iseki tractor with something larger with AWD... I don't feel safe with all of the dried out vegetation and the threat of wild fires... There isn't really soil here but very loose sugar sand which is why we have the Forester.... I might see about a carbon fiber wing for the tractor I get.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Well we unveiled the new wheels over the weekend at a meet in richmond for a shop relocating. Fortune Auto moved to a larger shop, and held a meet to show off. Alot of nice cars showed up. So this was the spot to show off the new wheels. These are my special occasion wheels. The TSWs will be dailys for now until I switch them with something else.

So the new wheels are Volk Daytonas by Rays engineering. 17x7 +42 all around. These were discontinued in 2003, and aparantly are hard to find in 4x100 bolt pattern. So i guess i got lucky. Special thanx to mike410b for his "wheel estate whore abilities". He found these for me and I jumped right on them.

Special thanx to mgray_0127 and Fawbusha for helping me hand polish these things. About 45 hours went into these wheels. Hand polished with 220,320,400,600,1000 grit paper all wet. Then 1500 and 2000 grit with rubbing compound. All followed by mothers polish applied with a power ball. Truely a thing of beauty.

Last but not least. Special thanx to my photographer Danny (SoVa) for the amazing shots he takes. So here is the official shoot.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ls-inside.html

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?