1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
WTF? That sucks!

Why are VBP Fits the most commonly damaged? Its not easy to miss a BRIGHT BLUE Fit.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member
I drove around jamming to the new daft punk album

Old 05-23-2013, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
Adjusted my valves this morning and replaced all 3 wiper inserts a little while ago. While everything was off I also replaced the valve cover gasket and checked my spark plugs (which I replaced back in Dec. and we had a GD come to my place of work that had plug #3 SHOOT out of the head literally) to make sure they're still tight.

I'm glad checked them... plug #4 was a snug but a little loose; however, plug #1 was noticeably loose. That could have been some bad juju there had I not checked those plugs.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
Adjusted my valves this morning and replaced all 3 wiper inserts a little while ago. While everything was off I also replaced the valve cover gasket and checked my spark plugs (which I replaced back in Dec. and we had a GD come to my place of work that had plug #3 SHOOT out of the head literally) to make sure they're still tight.

I'm glad checked them... plug #4 was a snug but a little loose; however, plug #1 was noticeably loose. That could have been some bad juju there had I not checked those plugs.
Might need to do valves myself... for the 3rd time I just rolled over 75K.

Did an oil and filter change with general inspection as per usual. Went to an Amsoil 5W-20 Deliminator series race oil this time.

I Got the new coil packs (blue tips!) and IK-22 plugs in, but think I will wait till Sat so the engine has cooled overnight. Seen too many BAD things happen with aluminum heads and spark plugs

Old 05-23-2013, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
^^ Wise man.

Usually whenever I do anything of that nature to the Fit be it plugs or valves, I pretty much set it up so its cool in the morning and everything is already laid out where it needs to be so I can get straight to work.

I haven't seen any issues yet with pulling plugs from a hot Honda head (still prefer to pull the plugs cold as well) but have with Fords. 5.4 liter 3 valve V8 plugs LOVE to break off in the head during removal... it already doesn't help that those plugs are a pain and a half to get to on those 5.4s. -.-

Old 05-23-2013, 09:09 PM
was thinking about short ram intake, but i think i'll just keep the stock box. i get a little throttle lag every now and then but it's not too bad.

anyone have any extra red emblems for the front grill? i've been meaning to find one that fits (PUN!)

Old 05-23-2013, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
^^ Wise man.

Usually whenever I do anything of that nature to the Fit be it plugs or valves, I pretty much set it up so its cool in the morning and everything is already laid out where it needs to be so I can get straight to work.

I haven't seen any issues yet with pulling plugs from a hot Honda head (still prefer to pull the plugs cold as well) but have with Fords. 5.4 liter 3 valve V8 plugs LOVE to break off in the head during removal... it already doesn't help that those plugs are a pain and a half to get to on those 5.4s. -.-
Yep. Trust me, British V8's (rolls and rover) especially love to spin threads off, cross thread or snap off the plug... We stock a wide selections of helicoil thread inserts

Old 05-25-2013, 02:29 PM
J_L
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
You should just sell me the Showa suspension
Waiting for the rain to quit and I'll be rolling around in the driveway installing it...nice try though!

Old 05-29-2013, 08:44 AM
Pic

Originally Posted by gd3vbp
Today I drove it to work, the past month has been rather eventful tho.

JDM console, jdm ctr shift boot w/ matching collar, yellow foglight film, i <3 driving slow license plate frame, new wheels/tires, bought parts for retrofit.
Do you have any pics of the console??

Old 05-30-2013, 01:30 PM
5 Year Member
Washed, waxed, cleaned glass, vacuumed, it's like a new Fit again
How's everybody doing been a while since I've been on here.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/pict...pictureid=6757

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 05-30-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
^^ Looking good!

Old 05-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Car

Looking very nice!

Old 05-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
where the nudes?

Old 06-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Day 3 of ownership of my '08 Sport (98k). Replaced turn signal fuse. Replaced air filter. Too rainy to wash and detail. Filled up the car yesterday.

I'm planning to start an MPG tracking thread starting with the next fill-up. Let's see how amazing/disappointing/underwhelming/unbelievable the mileage is on this puppy. I'm hoping that I get 600 miles out of this tank <chuckle>.

Last edited by teleburst; 06-02-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Replaced all three wipers but noticed that the front two inserts were noticeably different than the OEM inserts i got from the H. The rear insert had the little metal tracks you slip in the rubber but the front two didn't. I believe the front blades (holders) have been changed for RainX brand blades. Perhaps I should check Canadian tire to see if they sell RainX inserts and compare that with my old inserts. Still, I just cut a millimetre dent in the rubber on each end and the OEMs were able to slip into the tracks perfectly. Well have to see how it holds up; worse comes to worse ill have to invest another whopping 15$ in a set of front inserts

Old 06-03-2013, 12:59 AM
Busy weekend!

1) Wiper mod to stand out.. oh ya +10hp
2) Got my FlashPro and familiarizing myself with it/playing with it. Have experience with other tuning programs but first FP. First pull using Virtual Dyno as a reference shows 89hp with my cheapo SRI hahaha. She appears to be running lean tho so I'll get her all fixed up this week
3) Installed the Skunk2 springs I got from LaoSiFu! Let me say, that was one of the biggest PITA jobs haha. Top strut bolt was giving me grief and actually split the top of the shock where the allen key goes. Luckily I could dremmel it off and it still works perfect. Then the infamous axle pop-out. I supported it and all, but guess I didn't do it well enough. Had to open up the inner CV boot while it was on the car, got it back in pretty easy once I did that tho. This was the first spring I did too. Luckily I learn from my mistakes and got the other side done in 15 minutes cuz I'm so awesome! Looks so much better and just the right drop. I was going to go with the Swift's but glad I got the extra drop and prefer progressive spring rates.
4) Installed CF scoop.. makes me want to play with moving the clutch slave cylinder and seeing if I can modify an intake to pickup the air there. Doubt it'll make a difference tho either way lol

Old 06-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
Yesterday I took the Fit out for a drive, it was the first time really getting a chance to drive it sense Oct. Went to move the car this morning to find out I could only shift from 3rd-neutral-4th gear, zero side to side movement....grrrr

Old 06-04-2013, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  UJQ1wNE.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  47.3 KB
New lug nuts for the MF10L's.

Follow me @azbycx on instagram

I also put on my JDM gas decal on and got my map light in the mail. I'll install my map light when I get my JDM roof console.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:13 AM
Working on getting the Fit dialed in. So far based on low RPM pulls, picked up 20 whp @ 3000rpm and continued to rise to 30whp improvement by 4500rpm. This is all using Virtual Dyno, so I can't say it's super accurate, but allows me to compare the car with the same tool and shows gains regardless. Stopped the run there. A/F's are still low @ 10.4 so more pickup to come!

Old 06-05-2013, 10:21 PM
I bought a coil pack and installed it. My stuttering problems persist though. I think I will try cleaning the EGR this weekend. I also after 5 months of living in Georgia got a GA license plate. I wonder if people will honk at me more, or less when I cut them off and they see Fulton county instead of Mississippi. Gotta love short cars.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?