1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

heated mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
heated mirrors?

I've been searching the intranets and not really finding anything. Anyone seen anything like this?

Old 02-01-2013, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by breadtrk
I've been searching the intranets and not really finding anything. Anyone seen anything like this?
Thats an expensive feature, heated mirrors, and likely a small market that doesn't justify the cvost to market. Check junkyards for an expensive car that has them or one from an artic climate like volvo or saab. check the internet for cars that had heated mirrors as a positive feature. And perhaps you could buy them as a replacement part for that car and get the whole thing and adapt to your car. We had one chap that adapted a hair dryer to heat his mirrors. funny, but it worked.
good luck.

Last edited by mahout; 02-01-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Hello. I am from Europe and my 2005 Jazz ( Fit in europe ) come with automatic air con and heated mirrors. So there's a chance 4 U 2 buy OEM heated mirrors.
Good luck !!! :-)

Old 02-03-2013, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kovacs
Hello. I am from Europe and my 2005 Jazz ( Fit in europe ) come with automatic air con and heated mirrors. So there's a chance 4 U 2 buy OEM heated mirrors.
Good luck !!! :-)
There's your answer.
Get this poster to buy the 'repair' kit for heated mirrors with your money and ship them to you. That repair kit is the package for repair broken mirrors as a result of a collision.
That works; how do you think we got our rear disc brakes? You may want to have this poster consult the shop manual for his Jazz first to see if the substitution is possible. Oh, and don't forget to compensate the poster for his efforts.
And heated mirrors certainly sounds like a good item to find on ebay.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone know of a Canadian dealerhip I can order the replacement mirrors from?

Old 12-27-2013, 06:53 AM
5 Year Member
Anyone know of a Canadian dealerhip I can order the replacement mirrors from?
The heating element is just a peel and stick that goes on the back of the mirror. Mine are wired into same switch as the rear window defogger/icer.

I do not know if you would have this circuit in a USA model. The install of the heating element is easy. The install of the wiring a bit of a chore as have to strip down the inside of door etc to get wiring through. Sort of like wiring winkers.

I had to use a hairdryer to peel my element back so I could insert signal arrows between the element and glass.

I just checked manual and the elements are wired in between the rear defogger relay and the real defogger and use a 10 amp fuse.

Here is the install of winker arrows which will give you some idea of what you need to do.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ow-lights.html

Old 01-05-2014, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
Heated grip tape. It's used for snowmobiles. To keep the grips warm in winter. They are supplied with double sided tape and three wires. Hi low and ground. You can choose your temperature and wire them up to your rear defrost button.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:01 PM
damn I didn't realize my Canadian LX 07 model did not come with heated side mirrors... it is such a safety feature! Anyone know a good deal to get these besides the dealer?

Old 01-06-2016, 01:42 PM
I have a set of heated + integrated turn signal mirrors for my GD3 (not installed yet).. They are out there..

Old 01-06-2016, 02:24 PM
I have done this on my GK. It was pretty easy to do once I figured out the wiring. the EX-L trim came with heated mirrors OEM. I just transplanted the heated mirror assembly to my EX which originally didn't come with it.

The GD you will need to remove the mirror itself from the plastic mounting bracket like in the video another poster shared and buy a universal heated mirror grid to sandwhich between the parts. From there a simple SPST relay, some wires, and tieing that relay to the rear defroster relay should give you the functionality you want.

The parts you need are:

For reference should you want to have a regular set and a heated set of mirrors, or if something breaks.

Right Mirror: 76203-SLN-A01
Left Mirror: 76253-SLN-A01

Something like this should work fine. You will have to cut it to size for the GD.
12V Vehicle Car Mirror Glass Heated Heat Pad Mat Defoggers Heater Quick Warming | eBay

Check out my main mods thread, I detail all the steps in it. Some work involved, your situation its more, but well worth the function.