1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

New Recall on 2007-2008 Fits

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Katsumoto
Can we talk about the window switch recall and not issues with other TSB's.

I haven't received my notice, yet.

For the person with the broken armrest, its 20 bucks for the new at the dealer.

Sounds like alot of you are way to picky, and complain about small things. So what the car was a little dirty, deal with it. Its a car, not the Mona Lisa.

When I took my Honda in for the last recall, they broke my piece under the armrest, I was more greatful for the fix, than the damage.
Some people here act like they drive a 500k car, its the cheapest Honda made.
GET OVER IT.
1) Bought my Fit in July 2006, 250K miles since then, NEVER responded to ANY Fit Recall, no intention on doing it in the future UNLESS is for the issue bellow:

2) I'd love to see how you react when you have to drive your Fit with NO Power Steering AT ALL like all these poor ppl, me included:

Honda FIT Steering - 2007 HONDA FIT Problems With Steering

And NO Recall at all.

EPS Unit: $1,000 plus tax plus labor.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Marrk
I see. You are saying that it's a TSB, not a recall per se.

Thanks.
AllData - Technical Service Bulletins

As you can see TONS of very important TSBs but very few Recalls.

Driving with NO Power Steering at all is a VERY major safety issue, apparently not for greedy Honda Motor Co.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by 2007Fit5AT
1) Bought my Fit in July 2006, 250K miles since then, NEVER responded to ANY Fit Recall, no intention on doing it in the future UNLESS is for the issue bellow:

2) I'd love to see how you react when you have to drive your Fit with NO Power Steering AT ALL like all these poor ppl, me included:

And NO Recall at all.

EPS Unit: $1,000 plus tax plus labor.
Well either fix it or deal with it. Power steering isnt a huge deal, look back 20-30 years, cars back then didnt have it. Plus once your at speed, power steering does nothing anyway. Sure its nice for parking and low speed but its not a big enough issue for Honda.

If you really wanted your steering fixed, youd would have probably already called the BBB, NTSB & whatever else and complained.
I did it for my 01 Civics random passenger side side airbag deployment and, guess what, I raised enough stink for Honda in 1 week, they paid for the fix to be done at a dealer of my choosing.

Not responding to the recalls only hurts you and the people that ride in your car. They want to fix your car but you refuse to comply. Which only tells them, you dont want anything fixed.
If you read into the recall, they are looking for 600 fiys that didn't get the first one done. Your probably one of them and thats why they issued recall number 2 for the window switch.
When your fit burns to the ground youll wish that you spend the hour getting your recall done.

I work at an auto auction and if you saw some of the junk I drive for work, it makes me appreciate my little fit more.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Well either fix it or deal with it. Power steering isnt a huge deal, look back 20-30 years, cars back then didnt have it. Plus once your at speed, power steering does nothing anyway. Sure its nice for parking and low speed but its not a big enough issue for Honda.

If you really wanted your steering fixed, youd would have probably already called the BBB, NTSB & whatever else and complained.
Do you work for Honda, cause that's exactly what the Honda CS guy on the phone lectured me for 15 damn long minutes!!!

Not responding to the recalls only hurts you and the people that ride in your car. They want to fix your car but you refuse to comply. Which only tells them, you dont want anything fixed.
If you read into the recall, they are looking for 600 fiys that didn't get the first one done. Your probably one of them and thats why they issued recall number 2 for the window switch.
When your fit burns to the ground youll wish that you spend the hour getting your recall done.
I bet you love Obama cause you pretty much enjoy mandating ppl what to do with their own property and lives. Become an Obamacare Navigator, they pay $45/hr to force ppl buy damn health insurance, you trully deserve that damn govt job.

YOU TELL ME WHAT TO DO, I'LL TELL WHERE TO GO

Old 07-25-2013, 07:05 PM
Well thats 2 people who have told you what to do, so it leaves it to you. Meaning youd rather sit and be mad than do something.

I don't really like Obama, he can go to hell.

Oh well, im done. Ive told you the way I got Honda to fix something for me. Have fun with your manual power steering.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:22 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I called my dealership and they have the parts ready and waiting. I will call them in the morning and schedule a day to take it down and have it fixed. I guess that I am pretty lucky because my Honda dealership goes above and beyond. I took the car in for an oil change and had not gotten the first recall on the window switch yet. They went ahead and did the recall while the car was there all day for the oil change. I always drop it off in the morning and pick it up at the end of the day.

Once they called to let me know the zip tie attached to my Good Luck cat hanging from the back tow hook was about to fall off. They wanted to know if it was OK to fix and they had black zip ties so would that be OK. When I was waiting on my VBP Fit to come in from Japan, the dealership had the MR sold before it was taken off the hauler. Their financing fell through so my salesman told them to park the MR beside the office and if I drove pass the dealership that weekend I would stop and look it over. He had my work number but not my home phone number so he had no way to call me. He was right and I ended up getting the MR instead. So I really have to say I am glad that the guys at Lester Raines Honda make the experience a great one.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Well thats 2 people who have told you what to do, so it leaves it to you. Meaning youd rather sit and be mad than do something.
Have fun with your manual power steering.

Would you have the guts getting in front of these ppl and lecture them exactly the damn way you've been enjoying lecturing me all along, would you???

Cause you look like a damn tough guy, on paper and behind a damn computer keyboard...

Whatever...

Old 07-25-2013, 09:10 PM

Would you have the guts getting in front of these ppl and lecture them exactly the damn way you've been enjoying lecturing me all along, would you???

Cause you look like a damn tough guy, on paper and behind a damn computer keyboard...

Whatever...
Yea I'm a tough guy, you're the one mad about it, I was just trying to help. You got mad and butt hurt. This is a thread for the window switch recall, not to bitch about what else is wrong with the car.

Your car has 250k miles and you're complaining about something electronic that failed. You've had the car for 8 years now. Of course shit is going to go wrong after 8 years. It's a mass produced car. Sure it sucks that it failed and you don't have it. Mine still works just fine after 6 and a 1/2 years of ownership. Hell the damn car sat in storage for 2 years while I went to Japan for the military. I've got 141k on my Fit. I've responded to every recall, fixed any issues the car has had and guess what, it still works just fine.

When and IF my EPS ever fails, I'll chalk it up to age, and get it fixed. Instead of bitching about it on the internet. It'll be at the shop getting replaced as soon as it quits.
Oh, and im not made of money either. I work an $8 an hour job, and have a small retirement check from the military. Sometimes I don't have the money to get my car fixed, but that's what my credit card is for. Fix it now, and pay it off over a few months. Not bitch and bitch and bitch until Honda does something on an 8 year old 250k mile car. Id say at that point, you got a good run with it.

Some of those other people, yea it sucks. But it's an electronic part, in the mass produced world. Not everything is made to last 100 years.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:27 PM
Yea I'm a tough guy, you're the one mad about it, I was just trying to help. You got mad and butt hurt. This is a thread for the window switch recall, not to bitch about what else is wrong with the car.

Your car has 250k miles and you're complaining about something electronic that failed. You've had the car for 8 years now. Of course shit is going to go wrong after 8 years. It's a mass produced car. Sure it sucks that it failed and you don't have it. Mine still works just fine after 6 and a 1/2 years of ownership. Hell the damn car sat in storage for 2 years while I went to Japan for the military. I've got 141k on my Fit. I've responded to every recall, fixed any issues the car has had and guess what, it still works just fine.

When and IF my EPS ever fails, I'll chalk it up to age, and get it fixed. Instead of bitching about it on the internet. It'll be at the shop getting replaced as soon as it quits.
Oh, and im not made of money either. I work an $8 an hour job, and have a small retirement check from the military. Sometimes I don't have the money to get my car fixed, but that's what my credit card is for. Fix it now, and pay it off over a few months. Not bitch and bitch and bitch until Honda does something on an 8 year old 250k mile car. Id say at that point, you got a good run with it.

Some of those other people, yea it sucks. But it's an electronic part, in the mass produced world. Not everything is made to last 100 years.
So you DO work for Honda and they've infiltrated you to pose as a regular Honda owner.

Well, you can tell them that THIS IS MY VERY LAST HONDA VEHICLE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, exactly what I've told your Honda CS buddy.
LOVE Kia and Hyundai, one of their models built with non-unionized ppl will be my very next car.

Only a mentally retarded loon would buy again a damn Honda.

THAT'S HOW YOU PUNISH THOSE THAT TREAT YOU AS GARBAGE.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:42 AM
Banned
So you DO work for Honda and they've infiltrated you to pose as a regular Honda owner.

Well, you can tell them that THIS IS MY VERY LAST HONDA VEHICLE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, exactly what I've told your Honda CS buddy.
LOVE Kia and Hyundai, one of their models built with non-unionized ppl will be my very next car.

Only a mentally retarded loon would buy again a damn Honda.

THAT'S HOW YOU PUNISH THOSE THAT TREAT YOU AS GARBAGE.

Man you are a feisty dude. LOL how many threads are you going to rant in when you don't get advice you like?

Old 07-27-2013, 06:14 AM
5 Year Member
I gotta call the dealership down the street to make sure they have the part in stock. I had issues with the eps a year or so after owning my car. steering wheel actually locked up on me while I was turning in the middle of traffic. Took it to Honda to get it fixed and when I went to pick it up I barely left the parking lot to notice that the eps only worked turning right and not left. Had to wait 2 days for a technician to come in just to reset my car.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
First of all Honda doesn't just issue recalls. In the US the NTSB tells the manufacturer after there have been a certain number of complaints. If the EPS unit has a potential issue Honda will issue a TSB to check the item. if there are only 10 instances it doesn't warrant a full recall. If yours went out at 200k that is called NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR.

You have 30 post and all of them are bashing Honda yet you own one with 250k miles on it. Go buy a Chevy Cruze

Old 07-27-2013, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
So does the entire window switch mechanism & PCB on the driver's side get swapped out? I haven't taken mine in for any of the recalls thus far. Doors have been fully Second Skin'd since the fourth or fifth month of ownership. I highly doubt any moisture has gotten near the switches.

The only issue I've ever ran into with the windows is that my headlights dim when I roll all four up or down at the same time. Once the voltage drop was so much (I had the windshield wipers going and double checked that all the windows were up) my stereo decided to power cycle and the headlights almost completely went out. Car was in park at idle but at full temperature.

And 2007Fit5AT, I'll tell you what to do. Go make another thread with a descriptive yet ranting title so I can avoid it.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member
The first recall consisted of an additional skin around the switch. Not sure of what the new process consists of. The issue isn't the switch itsel it is related to the potential of water getting to it.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:42 AM
5 Year Member
Apparently this recall involves fully replacing the switch with an updated version with additional weatherproofing, whereas the original was basically adding a skirt.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Hmm. I wouldn't mind a new switch. My letters are coming off the current. Yay..

Old 08-11-2013, 12:15 AM
I haven't received my letter. Maybe it's because I bought my Fit in Oklahoma, and now I live in Ohio. My bank has my current address, cuz god forbid I don't make my payment, they'll tow my shit.(long story, already happened once)

Oh well, all my recalls have been done, so I guess I don't need it. I looked at the recalls.honda.com and the letters were mailed in mid-July with it being pretty much a month later I figured they'd have it to me.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Honda will replace all seatbelts and electrical SAFETY equipment (electric steering included) free of charge if you can show that you were not fiddling with it.

I had all the seatbelts in my 1990 civic replaced in late 2004 because the driver belt was very sticky. They replaced it on the spot and asked if the others were acting up. Course I said yes, but not as often.

If they give you grief, just ask the manager of the dealership for contact information to honda corporate. Might make them adhere to their policy faster

EDIT dont expect them to cover it if they think you are trying to cover up an accident and trying to get it repaired

Old 08-11-2013, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by 13fit
Honda will replace all seatbelts and electrical SAFETY equipment
Yea, always knew about the seatbelt rule. I haven't touched anything in the Fit other than the center console and the radio(to install my ebay pnp Aux input)

Wonder if they'd replace my seatbelt because of my dog chewing on the damn thing. It's fraying but it's not affecting the actual seatbelt, just the aesthetic of it.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:15 AM
thx for the heads up when do you think we should start taking our ladies to the leadership

Quick Reply: New Recall on 2007-2008 Fits