1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

2008 Base Honda Fit - Keyless Entry

Old 06-22-2015, 01:02 PM
2008 Base Honda Fit - Keyless Entry

Hi Folks,

There's lots of different threads about this topic, but they're all pretty old.

I bought a used 2008, base model Honda Fit.

It has power locks, but as it's a base model, it doesn't have key fobs.

Specifically, what is the process to make it a keyless entry?

Do I need a receiver and the key(s)?
Do I just need the correct key(s) without a receiver?
Is this something that requires dealership involvement?
What parts are specifically needed and must they be OEM?

If you've done this successfully, please reply with all your tips, tricks, and parts used - links to existing available parts (Ebay, Amazon, e.g. would be much appreciated).

Thank you!!!

Old 06-23-2015, 08:54 PM
Red face Answer to my own Questions?

After much searching and more researching, I've determined that the way to go seems to be with the Honda OEM part.

I haven't had any trouble finding the part when searching for Honda OEM part websites - as of now, I've seen it sold for $105 - $150ish.

08E60-SLN-100

https://www.hondapartsonline.net/par...catalogid=5264

The instructions I've found are here -

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/...m_AII37484.pdf

I haven't purchased this item yet, but I'm definitely going to go ahead and do so - it's absolutely worth it to me.

Hopefully, I'll be very successful and be able to post a definitive answer to folks like me who can't stand not having a keyless entry system for their 1st Gen Honda Fit.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:11 AM
I'm having trouble finding the right key too. Got a 2008 Fit Sport with just one original key/remote, want to get at least a spare key, not even necessarily a remote.

When i search on estore.honda.com for the 2008 sport, I find the 35118-SDA-A01 key for around $20, and 35111-SHJ-305 key+remote for $52.
However, searching for the 2007 model, I find the 35111-SLJ-306 key for $47 and the 35111-SLN-305 for nearly $200!

I thought the fits 2007/2008 were the same generation? Did they change the key system between those years?

Of course I'm happy my 2008 is cheaper, but I think those might be keys for the second generation Fits?

Old 06-30-2015, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by drvdijk
I'm having trouble finding the right key too. Got a 2008 Fit Sport with just one original key/remote, want to get at least a spare key, not even necessarily a remote.

When i search on estore.honda.com for the 2008 sport, I find the 35118-SDA-A01 key for around $20, and 35111-SHJ-305 key+remote for $52.
However, searching for the 2007 model, I find the 35111-SLJ-306 key for $47 and the 35111-SLN-305 for nearly $200!

I thought the fits 2007/2008 were the same generation? Did they change the key system between those years?

Of course I'm happy my 2008 is cheaper, but I think those might be keys for the second generation Fits?
Yes, this is something that can be a bit of a "gotcha"; the rest of the world got the GE (2nd generation) Fit/Jazz in the 2008 model year while it arrived a year later in North America. If you're looking at "international" parts sites, they'll most likely reflect the worldwide model years.

Be sure also to check US parts sites like Bernardi Honda. They should have competitive prices and accurately reflect the correct US model-year ranges.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ndanielle1968
Hi Folks,

There's lots of different threads about this topic, but they're all pretty old.

I bought a used 2008, base model Honda Fit.

It has power locks, but as it's a base model, it doesn't have key fobs.

Specifically, what is the process to make it a keyless entry?

Do I need a receiver and the key(s)?
Do I just need the correct key(s) without a receiver?
Is this something that requires dealership involvement?
What parts are specifically needed and must they be OEM?

If you've done this successfully, please reply with all your tips, tricks, and parts used - links to existing available parts (Ebay, Amazon, e.g. would be much appreciated).

Thank you!!!
I'm no expert on the 2008 Fit. The 2009 and later GE models with power door locks only need a transmitter of some sort: the receiver circuitry is built into the car. The GE Sport models come with a key with a built-in transmitter, while the early Base models did not - one was expected to buy an accessory transmitter to have keyless entry on the Base models.

That's exactly what I did: bought an "accessory transmitter" for my 2009 base. Actually, I bought a blank key for a 2009 Fit Sport and cut off the key blade; the key was cheaper and smaller than a dedicated remote transmitter.

No matter what sort of transmitter you end up with, it will need to be programmed to work with your car. It's pretty easy to do yourself; there are threads here on FF with these instructions.

Old 09-04-2015, 12:05 AM
Hey ndanielle1968, did it work? I have the exact same issue and want to do the same!!

Old 09-08-2015, 10:46 AM
Went in to the dealer (because of adding to Carfax) for some regular oil change maintenance and the 2 open recalls that were still open for my 2008 Honda Fit, and asked for a quote for a copy of the key. Only $140-ish, remote control, including cutting & programming!

Old 09-08-2015, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
My door cylinder recently failed on me, and I had a locksmith repair my cylinder. I learned while waiting at the locksmith shop that most locksmiths who have a modern set of keys in their shop can program and make a new spare key cheaper than a dealer. They have computer programs that will cut a key to the original specifications and they can get the proper electronic code off the original key chip and program the new key.

By the way, I counted my blessings for buying a Fit Base brand new in 2008. Had I bought the Sport and had trouble with the door lock cylinder, I could have stayed locked out. I got into my car for a few days by unlocking the passenger door and reaching over to the driver side door lock master switch to unlock the rest of the doors for a few days before getting it repaired. But had I gotten the Sport model, I might have had the passenger door and hatch modified by having a body shop install a key cylinder to the passenger door and hatch. I might consider getting a remote for my Base Fit as well sometime in the future before the parts get discontinued.

Old 09-08-2015, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by myfoxmystere
My door cylinder recently failed on me, and I had a locksmith repair my cylinder. I learned while waiting at the locksmith shop that most locksmiths who have a modern set of keys in their shop can program and make a new spare key cheaper than a dealer. They have computer programs that will cut a key to the original specifications and they can get the proper electronic code off the original key chip and program the new key.

By the way, I counted my blessings for buying a Fit Base brand new in 2008. Had I bought the Sport and had trouble with the door lock cylinder, I could have stayed locked out. I got into my car for a few days by unlocking the passenger door and reaching over to the driver side door lock master switch to unlock the rest of the doors for a few days before getting it repaired. But had I gotten the Sport model, I might have had the passenger door and hatch modified by having a body shop install a key cylinder to the passenger door and hatch. I might consider getting a remote for my Base Fit as well sometime in the future before the parts get discontinued.
I recon I never looked at the passenger door of my Fit Sport missing a cylinder Then again, wouldn't you be able to open the doors with the remote, not needing the cylinder at all?

Old 04-30-2018, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Keyless aftermarket

I added a $12.00 keyless kit off eBay wired it to pw door master switch, can only lock unlock all 4 doors and hatch at same time but it works for me.

Last edited by vic831; 04-30-2018 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Expand text
Old 02-23-2019, 01:04 AM
Hey there, what do you mean by wiring it to PW master switch? I'd love to get keyless on mine.

Old 08-12-2019, 01:31 AM
Aftermarket Keyless

Originally Posted by boltaction
Hey there, what do you mean by wiring it to PW master switch? I'd love to get keyless on mine.
I just added an inexpensive aftermarket keyless entry kit to my base 08. Once I figured out how the wiring was set up it wasn't hard. The 08 Fit Base is wired as a negative trigger, which is relevant to to installation. I used an add-a-fuse in empty position 21 in the fuse box for the receiver. I ground the receiver and door trigger ground wires to a bolt by the hood release. I spliced the trigger wires into the lock wire (white with green stripe) and unlock wire (white with blue stripe) that are in the bundle coming in from the door right above the his release. There's a wire harness right there that you can unhook to get a bit more slack to work with and you do have to unwind the tape on the bundle. All the doors unlock together but I'm fine with that. May still try to wire in the blinker lights, but if that doesn't matter to you it's not necessary.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Alex Knight
I just added an inexpensive aftermarket keyless entry kit to my base 08. Once I figured out how the wiring was set up it wasn't hard. The 08 Fit Base is wired as a negative trigger, which is relevant to to installation. I used an add-a-fuse in empty position 21 in the fuse box for the receiver. I ground the receiver and door trigger ground wires to a bolt by the hood release. I spliced the trigger wires into the lock wire (white with green stripe) and unlock wire (white with blue stripe) that are in the bundle coming in from the door right above the his release. There's a wire harness right there that you can unhook to get a bit more slack to work with and you do have to unwind the tape on the bundle. All the doors unlock together but I'm fine with that. May still try to wire in the blinker lights, but if that doesn't matter to you it's not necessary.
mind sharing what aftermarket one you used? I don’t have a good pulse on how universal they are?

any thoughts? Both my passenger and driver side door are broken and everyone wants 450+ to do the cylinders.

Old 03-23-2020, 07:20 PM
Wireless Lock

I got the FicBox Lock kit on Amazon. It's currently $15. Still works great for me. I ended up running 2 wires over behind the 4-way flasher button and splicing in there to get all the lights to flash.

Old 07-06-2021, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by Alex Knight
Just installed the FICBOX and just some comments about the install. On MY07, fuse 21 did not have a 12v constant, but fuse 18 did (DRL) so I tapped into that instead. Also the color wires for the lock/unlock was reversed for me, when I initially wired it the way you stated; the lock button unlocked the car and unlock button locked the car. So the lock wire for MY07 was the white w/ blue stripe and unlock was white w/ green stripe. Other then that, it was a straight forward install and the plug can be routed through the fuse cover opening for more room to splice the wires.

Thanks for the information on the keyless entry and wire locations.

Old 01-06-2022, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by licelsior
Just installed the FICBOX and just some comments about the install. On MY07, fuse 21 did not have a 12v constant, but fuse 18 did (DRL) so I tapped into that instead. Also the color wires for the lock/unlock was reversed for me, when I initially wired it the way you stated; the lock button unlocked the car and unlock button locked the car. So the lock wire for MY07 was the white w/ blue stripe and unlock was white w/ green stripe. Other then that, it was a straight forward install and the plug can be routed through the fuse cover opening for more room to splice the wires.

Thanks for the information on the keyless entry and wire locations.
appreciate you guys posting this up. Just ordered FICBOX from Amazon as well. For the cost, seemed worth giving it a shot. I’ve got an 07 base as well. Fingers crossed

Old 01-06-2022, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
FicBox

Originally Posted by mismith356
appreciate you guys posting this up. Just ordered FICBOX from Amazon as well. For the cost, seemed worth giving it a shot. I’ve got an 07 base as well. Fingers crossed
hello everyone, I just looked up the “FicBox” universal door lock kit as mentioned in the above posts. That is pretty much what I ordered off eBay in 2018. I wanted just a simple remote, and this has it. Really your only option to add keyless to a 07/08 gd base model.

Old 01-17-2022, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
Just installed the ficbox keyless entry. It’s branded under several different names, but ficbox is the one I ordered. As @licelsio mentioned, on an 07 FIT base model, “day light” fuse position 18 is empty and constant 12v. I used an “add-a-fuse” and wired the red 12v from the keyless module to that. I grounded the 2 yellow wires (one has a black stripe) and the negative black wire to the hood release bolt as it’s metal to metal and the chassis of the car is grounded, so it’s a sold location. Used a ring terminal and tied all 3 grounds together. In my 07 though, I found that white with green was stripe was the lock feed and the white with blue strip was the unlock. As @Alex Knight mentioned…not sure why these would be different between two 07 models and an 08. I had already tap’s the wires so I just cut and flipped the white wires from the keyless entry module.

it all works as it should and other than a trip to the hardware store, it took maybe an hour. I did not hook up the turn signal indicators though, but it’s not important to me.

for anyone interested, this video was a helpful as well.

Old 01-18-2022, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mismith356
Just installed the ficbox keyless entry. It’s branded under several different names, but ficbox is the one I ordered. As @licelsio mentioned, on an 07 FIT base model, “day light” fuse position 18 is empty and constant 12v. I used an “add-a-fuse” and wired the red 12v from the keyless module to that. I grounded the 2 yellow wires (one has a black stripe) and the negative black wire to the hood release bolt as it’s metal to metal and the chassis of the car is grounded, so it’s a sold location. Used a ring terminal and tied all 3 grounds together. In my 07 though, I found that white with green was stripe was the lock feed and the white with blue strip was the unlock. As @Alex Knight mentioned…not sure why these would be different between two 07 models and an 08. I had already tap’s the wires so I just cut and flipped the white wires from the keyless entry module.

it all works as it should and other than a trip to the hardware store, it took maybe an hour. I did not hook up the turn signal indicators though, but it’s not important to me.

for anyone interested, this video was a helpful as well. https://youtu.be/A3W1nIJH-wg
The kit in the video is the exact kit I used, purchased from eBay from a US supplier, kit made in China. I mounted the blue led up by the A pillar window for a theft deterrent measure.

Last edited by vic831; 01-18-2022 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-01-2024, 12:00 PM
Wiring harness?

Hi All - hoping someone is still around to answer a quick question. I ordered an OEM receiver unit that came with two remotes. Didn’t come with a wiring harness though. Is there a wiring harness I can clip into in the fuse box somewhere? I didn’t see one, but didn’t poke around too much. Otherwise I assume that would need to be ordered separately. Any thoughts on where to start with that?