General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit Base with remote keyless entry?

Old 04-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Fit Base with remote keyless entry?

I am looking to get a Fit, and although I like the Sport model better than the base, the only thing I really 'need' is the keyless entry that comes on the Sport. Is there anyway to get this on the base model Fit? Any easy mods I can do to give my base the stock keyless entry?

I see that I can get foglights on my base model, which I would also get, so that along with keyless should be all I need, and still less $$ than the Sport.
Thanks!

BTW- Right now I drive a heavily moded Nissan Frontier and I am real active on clubfrontier.org, but hopefully I will be replacing my forum addiction with fitfreak real soon!

Old 04-13-2009, 10:17 PM
im assuming you're looking at an 09 base
if you're tool savy you can try and install them yourself and save money on dealer markups and labor prices...

you can find them at decent prices here along with installation guides
Honda Fit Accessories - Genuine 2009 Honda Fit Accessories Shipped at Discount Prices

Old 04-14-2009, 08:06 AM
That is a good site, thanks. Unfortunately it looks like the keyless entry isn't something I can install...actually nothing is installed at all. All they do is program a key for it, so it looks like anyone can get keyless entry. hmm.. I wonder if i can get a dealer to do that on a base model.

And yes, I am looking at an 09.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:35 AM
5 Year Member
Huh.

I'd never looked at the GE8 keyless entry until now. Interesting(*). What you get is a fobbed key. Nothing else. Cutting the key and programming it are done at the dealership. Still, it would probably be cheaper to buy the keyless entry at one of the below sites and have your dealer do the programming than it would be to buy the key at the dealership.

(*)Unlike the GD3, it looks like they included the wiring and box in the GE8 Base model already. With the GD3 keyless entry, all you have to do is plug in the box for the keyless entry and tell the car which key fobs are supposed to work with the system. No dealer visit required.

Since you're thinking about keyless entry, you might also think about the alarm system as well. You can always install the alarm at a later date, and it is super easy to install. Everything is plug and play, and the only tools you need are basic hand tools. Bernardi is nice enough to include on their site .pdfs of the installation instructions for most accessories that they sell. Here's the one for the alarm system. Looks like you no longer have to pull the steering column cover and drill a hole for the LED, too. Oh, and here's the one for the foglights. Hardest part of the install is cutting holes in your bumper cover.

Aside from College Hills Honda, other sites to check out for parts and accessories are the above Bernardi, H and A, and Zeta Products.

Hope you get the Fit!

Old 04-14-2009, 09:20 PM
I had my installed for a Total of $200.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ctitanic
I had my installed for a Total of $200.
IIRC, I spent $215 at Bernardi on keyless entry, alarm, and rear bumper applique for my Base GD3. Took a couple of lazy hours one afternoon and installed it myself in the back yard.

Last edited by E = Mc2; 04-15-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
My base came with the keyless entry. It's a push button key fob, as mentioned. I didn't have to ask them to install it, and I don't know what parts they used. But it works good.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by stevet47
That is a good site, thanks. Unfortunately it looks like the keyless entry isn't something I can install...actually nothing is installed at all. All they do is program a key for it, so it looks like anyone can get keyless entry. hmm.. I wonder if i can get a dealer to do that on a base model.

And yes, I am looking at an 09.
Oh, and my key is just a regular Honda key, the button controls are on a separate fob to lock or unlock the doors and set the alarm. It's an all-in-one thingie.

Activate makes the horn beep once, the lights flash, and the doors lock. Deactivate makes the horn beep twice, the lights flash, and the door unlock.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:02 AM
I provided the dealership with the keys (which cost me $90), and they cut the new keys, and programmed them for $104.

Still cheaper than having the dealership add on the keyless entry package ($300)

Old 04-17-2009, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
Oh, and my key is just a regular Honda key, the button controls are on a separate fob to lock or unlock the doors and set the alarm. It's an all-in-one thingie.

Activate makes the horn beep once, the lights flash, and the doors lock. Deactivate makes the horn beep twice, the lights flash, and the door unlock.
I should know this: GD3 or GE8? My Base GD3's alarm only beeps once when you arm it and not at all on disarm.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite

That's how the Audiovox Keyless System works.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ctitanic
That's how the Audiovox Keyless System works.
Oh, okay. Reading the post, I thought that it was a Honda alarm.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:08 PM
5 Year Member
I just got a low end alarm instead. $100 installed with keyless.