1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Master Window Switch Recall Reimbursement???

Old 08-27-2016, 03:14 PM
Master Window Switch Recall Reimbursement???

So I recently received the letter about the passenger side airbag recall.

I figured I would check my VIN for other outstanding recalls, and ended up finding out about the window switch recall.

The previous owner of the car had taken the switch panel out after it got wet and started melting and smoking.

That's how I got the car, with the master switch removed.

Ended up replacing it with a cheapo Ebay one which has worked just fine.

I called Honda's recall department and they told me that they need some sort of documentation, i.e. a repair invoice or receipt.

Since I bought the part on Ebay, in 2015, I can no longer print an invoice for the part. The best I could do would be a screenshot of my purchase history on Ebay.

I cannot document my labor, since I DIY-ed it.

What do you think the odds are that Honda will be willing to reimburse me for the time it took me to fix it? Am I better off just making up a receipt for the approximate average labor cost for this repair in my area?

Surely Honda must have a standard rate for recall repairs.

Also, do dealers typically give a loaner when you take your car in for recall work?

Not gonna lie, looking to milk this for all I can...Thanks in advance for all your help!

Last edited by Halving_a_Fit; 08-27-2016 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
Obtain a blank repair order form from the car shop (that is no longer in business) and fill it out. This will look legitimate proof of repair for reimbursement.
Car flippers do this all the times to increase resale value of cars they are flipping by supplying bogus receipts for service never done or done with "good used" parts (like for brake jobs, timing belts, tune-ups etc)