1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Readiness Monitor set question

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 02:15 PM
Readiness Monitor set question

Hello,

I bought a 2007 Honda Fit sport that needs to pass SMOG, however it failed because the readiness monitor wasn't set (it's battery was replaced shortly before) and I was told it needs to be driven more. I've been told that if the green key icon turns off after starting (without blinking) they're ready to go, I've been driving for a few days and it turns off immediately (I didn't check until just now so idk if it wasn't different before). However, when I turn the car off, the green key icon blinks five times.. does that mean it's not ready?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 02-02-2018, 02:16 AM
Originally Posted by TheChase
Hello,

I bought a 2007 Honda Fit sport that needs to pass SMOG, however it failed because the readiness monitor wasn't set (it's battery was replaced shortly before) and I was told it needs to be driven more. I've been told that if the green key icon turns off after starting (without blinking) they're ready to go, I've been driving for a few days and it turns off immediately (I didn't check until just now so idk if it wasn't different before). However, when I turn the car off, the green key icon blinks five times.. does that mean it's not ready?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
On 2011 Fit if you switch the key to the ON position but don't start the car, you will see the engine light turns ON. Then wait few secs and if it doesn't blink and turns OFF then that means your car is ready for smog. Bit if it blinks 5 times (if I remember correctly) then that means you need to do the readiness procedure.
look it up online theres a procedure on how to drive your car to get it ready for smog.
Also chexk your manual it says there how to check if your car is ready for smog.

Read this thread for readiness procedure.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-generation-gd-01-08/92858-smog-check-cat-monitor-not-ready-2007-sport.html

Last edited by utsug; 02-02-2018 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Readiness procedure
Old 03-20-2018, 02:59 PM
You have to drive your car in a specific way to set all the monitors:

Also get yourself a OBD reader that can display the readiness monitors such as this:

Amazon Amazon

Just plug it in and check your readiness levels before heading to the SMOG station. This thing will pay for itself if it prevents you one failed SMOG check.

Old 10-24-2023, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by GQ_Style
You have to drive your car in a specific way to set all the monitors:

Also get yourself a OBD reader that can display the readiness monitors such as this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZYBWT71/

Just plug it in and check your readiness levels before heading to the SMOG station. This thing will pay for itself if it prevents you one failed SMOG check.

Where is this image from? I definitely did not have to idle after driving to set EVAP to ready. 2007 Sport MT. Just followed directions here https://www.hfitinfo.com/hofi-205.html