2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

J2534 Reflash Possibilities

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 06:36 PM
id be willing to make a small donation if it helped bring this project up to speed. there are alot of fit owners out there that cant go FI for whatever reason. this would be awesome for those owners including me.

Old 08-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Found some wiring diagrams for the engine control module...don't know if these will help or not.

Looks like the wiring for everything in the car is available here:
Wiring Diagram Index

Old 09-02-2010, 03:08 PM
5 Year Member
Subscribed for HUGE interest.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:19 PM
There has been very minor progress with this right now since I started working more. It's hard to say when I'll get more time to devote to the FIT project right now.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:54 AM
37820-RP3-A03 has been superseded by 37820-RP3-305

Old 10-07-2010, 04:18 AM
rca
We have successfully cracked and re-flashed the stock ecu.
All parameters ca be modified including e-throttle, timing, i-vtec points, rev-cut, fueling, radiator fan control, etc

a sample :YouTube - 8000rpm Honda FIT 1.5 RS

We are also successfully racing this ecu.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:09 AM
5 Year Member
That video is from October last year, are you part of Race Craft Academy? Serious question and not trying to discredit as there are many of us waiting on something. With the successful crack will you be able to offer something more than a reflash where the user can alter the settings on their own? I can get a reflash from J's Racing now for my GE8, but a reflash is just a one size fits all scenario and no 2 cars are the same even with the same mods.

Congrats.

EDIT: Nevermind my question about being part of Race Craft Academy, the bell just went off in my head...RCA is your username.

Last edited by 555sexydrive; 10-07-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:41 AM
rca
Hi

I only just stumbled onto this forum as I am just looking around as to what is available in terms of cams and stuff on the street level.
We have been using our own re-flash for the main purpose to race in the Honda Jazz One Make Race in Indonesia since last year.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...id=28522543626

We are doing pretty well against the likes of Petronas team and Mugen ecu prepped teams.

Our re-flash ecu is unlike opensource / ecuflash / Romraider re-flash methods for Subarus and Evos where they are available to the general public.
I have not really thought about selling it to the public but if there is a demand I guess we can. An idea would be to do a one on one exchange with your stock ecu and our reflash ecu so that we can be a lot cheaper than what Mugen and J's is offering.
Note that this is for GE8 manual naturally aspirated.
Regards

Old 10-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Trust me bud...there is huge demand here in the states for this.

What type of tuning software are you guys using?

Old 10-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by rca
We have successfully cracked and re-flashed the stock ecu.
All parameters ca be modified including e-throttle, timing, i-vtec points, rev-cut, fueling, radiator fan control, etc

a sample :YouTube - 8000rpm Honda FIT 1.5 RS

We are also successfully racing this ecu.
I take it the valve train can see 8k rpm without float? How are you tuning the ECU?

USB - OBD2 with a lap top application? I would be so down for this! I have been looking for something of this nature since I bought the Fit! My GD3 is so far the only car I've owned that I haven't been able to find a convenient flash application and hardware for!

If you can do this for less than US$1000 I am game. Can you log MAP/IAT/UEGO/EGT sensors? Would it be possible to set up a Two-Step launch limiter? Clear DTCs and Dash CELs?

This sounds very similar to the ECMLink app for DSMs or VAGCom for VW's! Please keep posting!

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 10-07-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rca
Hi

I only just stumbled onto this forum as I am just looking around as to what is available in terms of cams and stuff on the street level.
We have been using our own re-flash for the main purpose to race in the Honda Jazz One Make Race in Indonesia since last year.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=1311578903951&oid=28522543626

We are doing pretty well against the likes of Petronas team and Mugen ecu prepped teams.

Our re-flash ecu is unlike opensource / ecuflash / Romraider re-flash methods for Subarus and Evos where they are available to the general public.
I have not really thought about selling it to the public but if there is a demand I guess we can. An idea would be to do a one on one exchange with your stock ecu and our reflash ecu so that we can be a lot cheaper than what Mugen and J's is offering.
Note that this is for GE8 manual naturally aspirated.
Regards
Oh man so nothing for GD3?

Old 10-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by spoonek4
Oh man so nothing for GD3?
X2!!!!!

Marko!!

Old 10-09-2010, 11:27 PM
rca
Hi

After much thought and discussion with my team here, I guess we can provide our re-flashed ecu for around US$700 inclusive of shipping the ecu back to the states.

However, there are still quite a number of stuff that need to be ironed out like this will not be a 1-1 ecu exchange but you will have to send over your ecu and we re-flash for you and return. This is due to the immobilser system which we disable using a different method and we do not wish to touch the original immobilser system due to security reasons.

I would imagine the turn-around time would be 9-10 days if you can send your ecu to us by Fed-Ex at your cost and we return the same way at our cost.

We are a legit company/race team here in Singapore/Malaysia/Indonesia,
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...id=28522543626
It will be great if we can provide this service to you guys but we are also apprehensive that this can be otherwise.

Perhaps what I can suggest that those interested can contact me at racecraftacademy@yahoo.com or henry_rca@yahoo.com.sg to prevent clogging up this thread.

Thanks and best regards
Henry

Ps sorry nothing for GD series and nope the valves dont float - peak power at 7,800rpm stock engine 95ron.

Last edited by rca; 10-09-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Could you please comment on what tuning options would be available after flashing? Or do you simply flash the chip with set parameters?

BTW, I will be contacting you soon...very soon.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:34 PM
This thread is giving me the biggest case of blueballs since high school....it's all build-up and no release!!!!!

Whoops...just noticed the serious interest contact info....FINALLY! WHOOT!

Old 11-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by rca
Hi

After much thought and discussion with my team here, I guess we can provide our re-flashed ecu for around US$700 inclusive of shipping the ecu back to the states.

However, there are still quite a number of stuff that need to be ironed out like this will not be a 1-1 ecu exchange but you will have to send over your ecu and we re-flash for you and return. This is due to the immobilser system which we disable using a different method and we do not wish to touch the original immobilser system due to security reasons.

I would imagine the turn-around time would be 9-10 days if you can send your ecu to us by Fed-Ex at your cost and we return the same way at our cost.

We are a legit company/race team here in Singapore/Malaysia/Indonesia,
Login | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=28522543626)
It will be great if we can provide this service to you guys but we are also apprehensive that this can be otherwise.

Perhaps what I can suggest that those interested can contact me at racecraftacademy@yahoo.com or henry_rca@yahoo.com.sg to prevent clogging up this thread.

Thanks and best regards
Henry

Ps sorry nothing for GD series and nope the valves dont float - peak power at 7,800rpm stock engine 95ron.
I am curious what the before and after dyno graphs look like? Could you please post these? What parameters are changed? VTEC engagement? What tuning solution do you use for adjusting air/fuel ratios?

Thanks,
BND

Old 02-05-2011, 04:21 PM
DSC
Any new info/updates?

Old 02-05-2011, 07:11 PM
This has been for sale for months. Refer to rca's last post. I posted the refllash dyno graph in another thread...

Old 02-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by blackndecker
This has been for sale for months. Refer to rca's last post. I posted the refllash dyno graph in another thread...
I've been chatting with Henry of rca... they are already having an active partnership from the folks in UK. I'm even ready to pull the trigger for an ecu swap but it's the tuning and retuning that's hindering me as they don't have people to do it in the US.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by blackndecker
I am curious what the before and after dyno graphs look like? Could you please post these? What parameters are changed? VTEC engagement? What tuning solution do you use for adjusting air/fuel ratios?

Thanks,
BND
They have cracked the J's ECU... I would believe it will be on the same parameters as that posted by J's.

The last I remembered that Henry told me was 30% gain NA.

Last edited by ThEvil0nE; 02-05-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Quick Reply: J2534 Reflash Possibilities