2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

J2534 Reflash Possibilities

  #141  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:05 PM
blackndecker's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,316
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE View Post
They have cracked the J's ECU... I would believe it will be on the same parameters as that posted by J's.

The last I remembered that Henry told me was 30% gain NA.
That should mean around 150 whp or about 100 hp/L. I'd be happy with that.
 
  #142  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:07 PM
ThEvil0nE's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (12)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,626
Originally Posted by blackndecker View Post
That should mean around 150 whp or about 100 hp/L. I'd be happy with that.
the A/T gains a sucky 10% he added
 
  #143  
Old 02-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,304
Originally Posted by blackndecker View Post
That should mean around 150 whp or about 100 hp/L. I'd be happy with that.
There is no d15b engine that produces 100 horsepower per liter at the wheels. Your confusing the 1.5 with the b16a with stage 2 cams and headers made 158 at the wheels.
D15B 1.5l SOHC VTEC
Honda D engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

130 Hp I agree but not 150 wheel hp, unless turbo,supercharged and maybe a rebuilt and build up with parts that are not available.
 
  #144  
Old 02-07-2011, 09:21 AM
ev8siv3's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 78
Unfortunately I've ceased working on this project as I just don't have the time anymore. I've made it as far as obtaining the ROM from the ECU and began to disassemble it in IDA. Beyond that, it's a matter of creating definitions in an editing program and creating a flash code/program to get it back on the ECU.

I really wouldn't expect huge gains like people are saying, 30% on an N/A 1.5L car is pretty rediculous to think of without drasticly changing the VE of the engine.

If anyone is interested, I have an HKS Hi-Power Axleback for sale that I took off the '09 Fit before selling it.
 
  #145  
Old 05-08-2011, 09:26 PM
blackndecker's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,316
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
There is no d15b engine that produces 100 horsepower per liter at the wheels. Your confusing the 1.5 with the b16a with stage 2 cams and headers made 158 at the wheels.
D15B 1.5l SOHC VTEC
Honda D engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

130 Hp I agree but not 150 wheel hp, unless turbo,supercharged and maybe a rebuilt and build up with parts that are not available.
I'm not confusing anything. He quoted a 30% gain...117 (whp of L15a7) x 1.3 (30% gain) = 152 hp (i.e. 100 hp/liter).

Many many many Honda motors have made 100 hp/liter, not one particular d15b LOL. I agree that this requires pistons, cams, as well I/H/E and a tune....but this is a given.
 
  #146  
Old 05-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,304
Originally Posted by blackndecker View Post
I'm not confusing anything. He quoted a 30% gain...117 (whp of L15a7) x 1.3 (30% gain) = 152 hp (i.e. 100 hp/liter).

Many many many Honda motors have made 100 hp/liter, not one particular d15b LOL. I agree that this requires pistons, cams, as well I/H/E and a tune....but this is a given.

The b15b produce 120 Hp or 130PS in europe. D15B 1.5l SOHC VTEC I agree that with the right parts and tune anything is possible but the only B series motor that produced 1 hp per liter stock was the first b16a. Honda B engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry if I am misunderstanding what you are talking about. I agree that parts need to be made but the economy probably wont allow it.
 

Last edited by SilverBullet; 05-08-2011 at 10:05 PM.
  #147  
Old 05-08-2011, 10:16 PM
blackndecker's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,316
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
The b15b produce 120 Hp or 130PS in europe. D15B 1.5l SOHC VTEC I agree that with the right parts and tune anything is possible but the only B series motor that produced 1 hp per liter stock was the first b16a. Honda B engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry if I am misunderstanding what you are talking about. I agree that parts need to be made but the economy probably wont allow it.
Both versions of the S2000 AP1 and AP2 produced over 100 hp/liter. The K20a produced 100 hp/liter. The last civic si produced 100 hp/liter (197 hp from 2.0 L but that is splitting hairs). The B16B produced over 100 hp/liter (182 hp to be exact). The B18C produced 100 hp/liter. THESE WERE ALL STOCK OUTPUTS FROM THE FACTORY WITHOUT ANY MODS.

I am simply stating that most Honda engines can be massaged to produce 100 hp/liter....this is true for the D, B, K, and F series engines. The L15a7 is doubley blessed with VTEC, VTC...so 100 hp/liter should be easily attainable.

I really don't understand why you are arguing this point
 
  #148  
Old 05-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,304
Originally Posted by blackndecker View Post
Both versions of the S2000 AP1 and AP2 produced over 100 hp/liter. The K20a produced 100 hp/liter. The last civic si produced 100 hp/liter (197 hp from 2.0 L but that is splitting hairs). The B16B produced over 100 hp/liter (182 hp to be exact). The B18C produced 100 hp/liter. THESE WERE ALL STOCK OUTPUTS FROM THE FACTORY WITHOUT ANY MODS.

I am simply stating that most Honda engines can be massaged to produce 100 hp/liter....this is true for the D, B, K, and F series engines. The L15a7 is doubley blessed with VTEC, VTC...so 100 hp/liter should be easily attainable.

I really don't understand why you are arguing this point
I am not arguing except those motors are stock make that HP and the 1.5 doesn't produce enough torque to make 150 hp. I agree it can if you change parts to bring up the rpms and maybe it could. I am with you on the wanting of parts to be available but it seems the only way now is supercharger and turbocharged. There is hope that the L series motor is now being used in F racing and that means more parts.

No more arguing
 
  #149  
Old 05-08-2011, 10:50 PM
blackndecker's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,316
The L15 has a decent amount of TQ "stock" thanks to the VTC mechanism...more is achievable with aftermarket tuning.

I honestly believe 150 whp is attainable right now with readily available aftermarket parts...12.5:1 pistons, head porting, WR header, SRI, AEM EMS, etc.

Once cams become available, we'll see in excess of 100 hp/liter combined with the above mods.
 
  #150  
Old 05-08-2011, 11:15 PM
DiamondStarMonsters's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 4,424
That is a hell of a lot of money for 150whp.

Also.. the GE's are 117HP SAE Net at the crank. So 30% puts you at 152 at the crank. Figure 15% parasitic losses, ~130whp on a 5MT.

100HP/Liter and 100whp/Liter are a bit different.
 

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 05-08-2011 at 11:32 PM.
  #151  
Old 05-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,304
I just want to add http://www.vettenet.org/torquehp.html. It seems the 150 Hp needs more torque and rpms. It does sound costly. Ive just leaned something.
 
  #152  
Old 05-08-2011, 11:37 PM
DiamondStarMonsters's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 4,424
Torque = VE

You are gonna need to wind out way north of 8K on our 1.5l's to make 150whp. I'd be curious to see what an L15 sound like at or around 9k like the B-series screamers, but we don't really have the right R/S ratio to go much higher than 8.5K rpm, IMHO.

A crank with a shorter throw, some longer con rods, raised wrist pin slugs to deal with said longer con rods, a big bump-stick and some double valve springs would do the trick.

Even then I would want some 3/4 grooved bearings to support some superlight Mahle pistons, aluminum rods and L19 rod bolts.

But if I am gonna be dropping that sort of coin and putting in a serious head/bottom end it's gonna be a boosted 14.0:1 compression ratio motor fed pure M100, and instead of 150whp, I'll push 3-4 times that lol
 

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 05-08-2011 at 11:44 PM.
  #153  
Old 05-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,304
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters View Post
Torque = VE

You are gonna need to wind out way north of 8K on our 1.5l's to make 150whp. I'd be curious to see what an L15 sound like, but we don't really have the right R/S ratio to go much higher than 8.5K rpm.

A crank with a shorter throw, some longer con rods, raised wrist pin slugs to deal with said longer con rods, and some double valve springs would do the trick.
I guess thats why is better to super/turbo charge the motor. This is why flash pro has not come out for the fit too. Understanding Adaptive ECUs (again, more pathetic oversimplification) and using fuel additives | Facebook
 
  #154  
Old 05-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Texas Coyote's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Anderson County Texas
Posts: 7,388
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters View Post
That is a hell of a lot of money for 150whp.
Don't think in terms of horsepower gain in general but the percentage of increase in relation to engine displacement and the characteristics of the torque band..... $3.59 for a Lb. of hamburger meat is a lot of money... It's the damned worthless money that makes everything look like it cost a lot of money.. Harmonicas I used to pay $7.25 for are over $55.00 now.
 
  #155  
Old 05-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,304
I am not picking on any one but I just got the big picture of why there is no flash pro and why parts are limited but still holding hope for a higher rpm L series motor now.
 
  #156  
Old 05-08-2011, 11:50 PM
DiamondStarMonsters's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 4,424
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
I am not picking on any one but I just got the big picture of why there is no flash pro and why parts are limited but still holding hope for a higher rpm L series motor now.
I could see some circuit racers having a need for a 9-10k L15A but $/HP, boost is best.

Unless you go with a GT35R in a .82A/R open T4 turbine on a car with a stock redline.. lol

However,f anyone has the money, I would love to call up Eagle and have them make a short throw crank and some long rods. Comp Cams or Kelford could do a one off big cam, like a 304* @ 0.010. Maybe Kiggly could make some springs. If not, then you could just shim the springs till you can't fight float anymore or they start to bind. Get some short skirt, raised pin Mahle 13.0:1CR pistons

That would be a fun ride. I want to hear a 10k rpm fit now haha
 

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 05-09-2011 at 12:05 AM.
  #157  
Old 05-08-2011, 11:58 PM
DiamondStarMonsters's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 4,424
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote View Post
Don't think in terms of horsepower gain in general but the percentage of increase in relation to engine displacement and the characteristics of the torque band..... $3.59 for a Lb. of hamburger meat is a lot of money... It's the damned worthless money that makes everything look like it cost a lot of money.. Harmonicas I used to pay $7.25 for are over $55.00 now.
I will certainly agree with that, especially in a car this light. But you can pull 1500whp out of a 1.5L if you know what you're doing.

I just figure that if I only wanted to make 150whp out of 1.5L, there are more reliable, cost efficient fashions in which to do it than a port & polish/big cam/high comp/high rev NA motor running on the ragged edge. Even with VTEC, to make the power up top you WILL have to sacrifice what most of us think of as the "streetable" power.
 
  #158  
Old 05-09-2011, 01:43 AM
blackndecker's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,316
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
I am not picking on any one but I just got the big picture of why there is no flash pro and why parts are limited but still holding hope for a higher rpm L series motor now.
Lots of good discussion in this thread....but let me just answer this^

Why are you holding your breath for FlashPro? AEM has a stand alone EMS that offers more control than anything Hondata has ever released. Google AEM EMS version 2. Those in the know, know.

BTW, my siggie is obsolete
 
  #159  
Old 03-22-2019, 02:55 AM
New Member
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Myanmar
Posts: 3
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Myxalplyx
Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning
340
11-05-2018 06:43 PM
baiyouxu
Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning
6
09-19-2013 06:01 PM
davidteddiilin
2nd Generation (GE 08-13)
0
03-26-2012 05:54 PM
manuelgbn
1st Generation (GD 01-08)
13
02-16-2011 02:56 PM
Feinkosta
General Fit Modifications Discussion
8
02-14-2009 01:01 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: J2534 Reflash Possibilities


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.