2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Intake options on 2010 AT fit sport?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Intake options on 2010 AT fit sport?

I have searched the forums and internet for hours and can come up with NOTHING. Does anyone know what intakes are compatible with a 2010 AT Fit Sport? I would like to get the T1R but it looks like they only fit up to model year 2009. What is the difference between 09/10 model years?

What intake options are available?

Old 09-12-2012, 12:06 PM
No way you searched for hours and found nothing... 3 seconds here and I found:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...e-cai-sri.html

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ht=intake+lyon

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...am-intake.html

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...n-install.html

etc.

Do some more research and you'll find it's mostly a waste of money unless you DIY for cheap.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Thank you for the information but I think I need to rephrase my question.

I'm trying to avoid the DIY route of cutting up stock parts.

I am really interested in the T1R chambered intake. I am looking for a chambered intake solution. I have found a few intakes by searching but it seems all of them are for Manual Transmission ONLY. My guess is that the AT has a larger case and fitment is more of an issue.

I guess a better question to ask is are there any chambered intake solutions on the market that would fit a year 2010 automatic Fit. Second, what is the Difference in the engine bay between a 2009 and a 2010 Honda Fit?

Old 09-12-2012, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
No need to rephrase your question. Need to learn search engine navigation

Old 09-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator
Old 09-12-2012, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ exactly why you need to do your own research

Old 09-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator
i've been searching for a while now too, for the AT there are very limited options you can find available stateside. PRM and K&N are the two easily available ones, unless u own an MT, possibilities open up. Injen may work too, since its both a CAI and SRI, but i'm not quite sure if it will work as a CAI on an AT.

i've emailed simota and weapon-r and they say they have no intakes available for the GE8.

there are really good ones available overseas, but be prepared to spend $500+.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
there are really good ones available overseas, but be prepared to spend $500+.
Could you please explain what makes an intake"really good"?

Old 09-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator
good = "aesthetically pleasing" =)

no need to jump on me. i've read the countless banter about intakes. if i were to get an intake it will just be for the noise and the looks.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
I'll sell you my injen intake. Pm me if interested

Old 09-12-2012, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
good = "aesthetically pleasing" =)

no need to jump on me. i've read the countless banter about intakes. if i were to get an intake it will just be for the noise and the looks.
You do see how it rather misleading to suggest someone go and spend 400-500+ for some bling and throaty intake sounds. You are willing to admit its throwing money out of the window. Yet your suggesting it to someone that doesn't know any better. If you cannot live without the suction sound in bay. About $40-50 can build one from pepboys autozone checkers where ever. It'll produce the same sound even comes in chrome finish with option of colored bits. The diy DSM proposed earlier

Old 09-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Just get a short ram for AT, the difference in power gain will be minimal and not worth the extra cost.

Besides, most everyone agrees they work better as a noise maker than a power adder, so who cares really. SRI sounds better than CAI in my opinion anyway, it's more BRAP and less resonation.

To the OP, there is no difference between 2009 and 2010 as far as intake.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member
I'm also planning on eventually adding a short ram intake to my 2012 A/T and have pretty much decided on the PRM one. Here are a couple of threads I found that have some info on the PRM intake with dyno charts and links to some videos I believe:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/prm-...oup-buy-6.html

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ation-diy.html

Going the DIY route would be a great money saver and I had thought about going that route. The only thing that scares me about it is not tying the crankcase breather line (I hope I'm calling it the right thing) back into the intake. All the DIY installs I've seen just put a small filter on the end of this line. I'm definitely a noob when it comes to the way the Fit engine functions, but it seems like if Honda designed this line connected to the intake so that it sees a slight vacuum that it may need the suction to function properly. Honestly I just don't know enough to say that for sure though.

-Dustin

Old 09-13-2012, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ the same company making all the universal parts also makes gromets that are sold with a drill bit. Drill hole,connect breather tube.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:25 PM
got the Injen

I ended up ordering the Injen SP1512P intake. Thanks so much for all of the information!

Old 09-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Bama3Dr
The only thing that scares me about it is not tying the crankcase breather line (I hope I'm calling it the right thing) back into the intake. All the DIY installs I've seen just put a small filter on the end of this line. I'm definitely a noob when it comes to the way the Fit engine functions, but it seems like if Honda designed this line connected to the intake so that it sees a slight vacuum that it may need the suction to function properly. Honestly I just don't know enough to say that for sure though.

-Dustin
You'll be fine with the crankcase filter, it's an emissions thing, the crankcase needs to be ventilated or it builds up too much pressure. Ventilating to air is a little dirty (oil vapor) so they just reroute the little bit of vapor back through the intake to be burnt in the motor.

Just remember if you have to do smog or whatever to put your stock intake back on, I don't think you'll pass ventilating crankcase to air, and i'm sure the intake is not CARB exempt.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
Be sure to let us know how it goes! Price , gains, sounds. How long untill the ecu realizes what's going on.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
You'll be fine with the crankcase filter, it's an emissions thing, the crankcase needs to be ventilated or it builds up too much pressure. Ventilating to air is a little dirty (oil vapor) so they just reroute the little bit of vapor back through the intake to be burnt in the motor.

Just remember if you have to do smog or whatever to put your stock intake back on, I don't think you'll pass ventilating crankcase to air, and i'm sure the intake is not CARB exempt.
That makes sense. I may end up going with the DIY route after all in that case.

Luckily, here in Alabama we don't have to worry about such things as emissions tests.

-Dustin

Old 09-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by BMCBoid
I ended up ordering the Injen SP1512P intake. Thanks so much for all of the information!
I've owned the same intake in my automatic GE for 8 months now - sounds nice, no gains (or maybe there is a little, but I'm sure it's just my mind justifying why I spent a few hundred on a pipe), and a pain to install (taking off the stock airbox hoses). Have fun!

Old 09-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by joey_fits
Be sure to let us know how it goes! Price , gains, sounds. How long untill the ecu realizes what's going on.
On a PRM intake my ECU took about 4 days flat to realize what the heck was going on. I'll be glad when a company figures out a way to hack the ECU. Kinda like jailbreaking my iPhone.

BTW my ECU seems to have figured out that I'm putting good gas in there too! But I have no technical expertise why this would be so. Just a foot pedal feeling.

Quick Reply: Intake options on 2010 AT fit sport?