2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

IASCA car audio install

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 08:39 PM
I jealous!

Old 07-04-2009, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
Update...

I took advantage of leaving early from work

Making RCAS (Gepco D72401EZGF cable and Streetwires ends)

Dynamat and McMaster brand 1/2" closed cell foam with foil backing

I couldn't afford buying more Cascade VB-3, so I settled for Second Skin Luxury Liner. Quality isn't as good as the Cascade, but I guess i'll do. The foam appears to be the type that will rot with moisture

I finally finished up installing the wires. Note that the wires are temporary ran up to the end of the center console for for easy access when I install the radio

All back together. Finally i can drive with a full interior and evaluate if the sound treatment worked I left the pictures of the fully installed interior off since you guys already know what it looks like

Now the real fun part! Custom stuff I might be able to get to it on Sunday

Last edited by circa40; 07-04-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:58 AM
Retired Moderator
Nice job so far..!!! can't wait to see it finished!!!

Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 AM
looks like your givin us a good name! keep up the good work. everythings looking wonderfull

Old 07-06-2009, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Nice job so far..!!! can't wait to see it finished!!!
Originally Posted by mugen666
Making custom RCA's....... such fun. Although I miss competing in IASCA, I don't miss all the attention to detail and the hard work part. Go get 'em - Fit represent! ....... btw, what class are you in?
Originally Posted by MetalHead88
looks like your givin us a good name! keep up the good work. everythings looking wonderfull

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Mugen - Im still in rookie class. This class is the most competitive in my area. It kinda sucks when you're in a class (such as amateur, pro, ultimate) where there's only a few people.

Im going to compete in:
SQi rookie - SQ and install
SQc - SQ vs. everyone (all classes combined)

The last time i competed with the Lexus, i won 1st in rookie. That was with a basic 2 way + sub setup, this time however, im doing a 3way + sub....which makes it a billion times harder to tune.

I wish I have two or so weeks time off so i can really concentrate on the install. The damn heat doesn't help either.

Last edited by circa40; 07-06-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:13 AM
Is it wrong to be turned on by all of this?

Old 07-08-2009, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fluffywings
Is it wrong to be turned on by all of this?
Man I was getting turned on before even buying the car I already had a plan before buying the car

Old 07-08-2009, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
I began the sub enclosure today. Its nice working from home. I got to reconcile our account while waiting for fiberglass to dry

This is the basic idea of what I want to do:

I finished almost an entire roll of 3M painters tape

I ended up with about 4 - 5 layers of fiberglass before running out of resin.

I hope I can do about another 5 layers of fiberglass tomorrow in addition to beginning the baffle and bracing <wishful thinking>

Old 07-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by circa40
All back together. Finally i can drive with a full interior and evaluate if the sound treatment worked
With all that material down, did you have any troubles reinstalling the interior? And did you keep the stock batting/sound deadening material attached to the carpets?

It's looking great, I'm jealous. I did the doors on my Fit a couple months ago, but even with the material to do more already on hand, I haven't had a chance to pull up any carpet to go farther.

Oh, and where do you recommend for buying fiberglass resin & mat? It's been years and years since I've done any, but want to put an enclosure into the spare tire.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:13 AM
amazing dude, great job.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
wow !!!!!!!

Old 07-09-2009, 03:56 AM
5 Year Member
lookin good vin! i had a plan for my fit before i got it as well, i just dont have any money for my stealth install, plus im waiting for the hd900/5 to come out haha

Old 07-09-2009, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the complements! I wish I have more time to do this sort of stuff. I just want to finish the install

Originally Posted by vtecfit1
wow !!!!!!!
Originally Posted by kroze
amazing dude, great job.
Originally Posted by feared
lookin good vin! i had a plan for my fit before i got it as well, i just dont have any money for my stealth install, plus im waiting for the hd900/5 to come out haha
Originally Posted by Daemione
With all that material down, did you have any troubles reinstalling the interior? And did you keep the stock batting/sound deadening material attached to the carpets?

It's looking great, I'm jealous. I did the doors on my Fit a couple months ago, but even with the material to do more already on hand, I haven't had a chance to pull up any carpet to go farther.

Oh, and where do you recommend for buying fiberglass resin & mat? It's been years and years since I've done any, but want to put an enclosure into the spare tire.

No, all of the interior pieces went back in properly, I had to remove the felt that was attached on the factory carpet though.

As for FG/resin, to keep costs down I bought them from home depot, their products works well for me.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
Subscribed! It's ironic I found this post today. I just got done talking to my friend Marv about doing another system when I get my Fit.
I'd wanted to go sub-less in my RX-8 because of the extra weight and reduced trunk space, and it wouldn't be so bad because the doors have room for 9" speakers. Not so in a Fit! But now that I see the enclosure you're working on my worries have been erased! I also can't wait to see the rest of your installation! Fiberglassing might have to be the next thing I teach myself. It opens up so many possibilities.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
Is that an IDQ12v3? How many cubic feet are you looking to make that enclosure? I'm really interested to see how it turns out. Looking very good!

Old 07-09-2009, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike2100
Subscribed! It's ironic I found this post today. I just got done talking to my friend Marv about doing another system when I get my Fit.
I'd wanted to go sub-less in my RX-8 because of the extra weight and reduced trunk space, and it wouldn't be so bad because the doors have room for 9" speakers. Not so in a Fit! But now that I see the enclosure you're working on my worries have been erased! I also can't wait to see the rest of your installation! Fiberglassing might have to be the next thing I teach myself. It opens up so many possibilities.
Marv? Is he on the DIYMA forums? He sounds familiar.

Originally Posted by cbs1013
Is that an IDQ12v3? How many cubic feet are you looking to make that enclosure? I'm really interested to see how it turns out. Looking very good!
Its actually the ID10v3. Im looking to get about .5~.65 cu ft out of the mold.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
I managed to finish the mold today. In total I went through 3 bags of fiberglass already.
Im probably going to do some bracing tomorrow and hopefully make the sub ring.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 713_fit
deep in the corner near the windshield?
will it still have good sound image being that far back?
i was thinking that too..but i wasnt sure, i should have asked my installer...but i didnt feel like spending anymore money on the install so i just got it on the door panels
Just say NO.
I can hear the side bias already.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
You will be better off trying to get .75-80 cu ft net for that sub.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by radareclipse
Just say NO.
I can hear the side bias already.
Time alignment

I actually have won with my Lexus with tweeters mounted high on the a-pillars in the past.

Quick Reply: IASCA car audio install