2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

IASCA car audio install

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 05:19 AM
5 Year Member
the ge8's have a deeper dash than the gd3 so it'll be a bit different

Old 07-23-2009, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
Duly noted, didn't think about that.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Wow amazing work thus far. I would love a sub enclosure like that for a JL 8". I will definetly be following this one.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
Quick update:

I decided to work on the HU for a change.

The bolts that attached the pocket to the bracket (sorry forgot to take pics).

Note that oval shaped hole on the pocket. That sits directly under the venting holes for the Clarion radio for additional cooling.

I decided to use some non-skid paint for the inside of the pocket and painted the whole thing with satin black.

Before....

I forgot to take an after pic for comparison, but you can kind of see it in the picture above of the pocket with the vent

Thats it for now, I wish I can install it now, but w/o any amps and speakers I don't want to drive around with out music.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
Nice. Good old Burr Brown Op amps. Nice deck choice.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
Sample of what's to come

In this sample im practicing with polyester resin, but for the final product, I'll use epoxy resin (crystal clear)

Last edited by circa40; 07-31-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
Update:

Speakers:

SEAS W18NX, Fountek FR88EX, Peerless 830986 (debating between the peerless and fountek), Scan Speak Illuminator D3004/602000

I was drenched in fiberglass all weekend so I didn't take many pics. You guys usually prefer completed pics anyways

I decided to save the factory kick panels and make make them from scratch (much more solid IMO).

I cut in the metal behind the kickpanels so the speakers and vent into the rails.

I also decided to buy the Metra radio kit. The one I have is a bit funky looking.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Kickpanels in a Fit, really? I take it you don't drive stick.. Loving the install keep up the good work!

Old 08-04-2009, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Oh and I take it you have the Honda navi panel right now and want to switch to the Metra? Only asking because I'm about to order the Scosche piece and wanted to make sure it wasn't the one you think looks funky.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cbs1013
Kickpanels in a Fit, really? I take it you don't drive stick.. Loving the install keep up the good work!
Thanks. Yes, I do drive the 5spd. The GE has shallow leg area, but its quite wide IMO. I barely even use the foot rest

Oh and I take it you have the Honda navi panel right now and want to switch to the Metra? Only asking because I'm about to order the Scosche piece and wanted to make sure it wasn't the one you think looks funky.
I think the Scosche looks a little weird. The radio is sunk in too much for my liking. I prefer the Meta because it looks more stock.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
Update:

I finally completed the kicks, thank goodness that I'll wont have to work with much FG for a while....thats until I begin the front mids/tweeters

Open cell foam. I'll probably will have to play with additional polyfill and/or remove the foam entirely.

I cant wait to listen to them I will have to make grilles for them as well.

Something I just picked up. I hope to install them this weekend.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
Wow those really came out nice, very well done. Are you going to have to fabricate a tray for the Kinetic or will it drop in? A good battery is a must for our cars with any serious audio project. Would really like to see some pics of what you do with the fuse block on the stock battery. Thinking about relocating mine, not really sure what I'm gonna do yet tho.
You're going full active from the HU right? Or are you planning on external processing like the Bitone.1 or the mythical ms-28 if it ever comes out.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
Update:

I got very little done today

Sub grille. Im thinking of painting the whole thing with satin black and polish the inside bevel edge. What do you guys think?

Old 08-05-2009, 10:30 PM
I love the continual updates to your thread . . . keeps me inspired to work on mine (not that I've done anything audio related in a while now, but yeah . . .)

Oh, and if it were me I'd definitely go with black for the grilles. Unless you've got silver accents other places in the car?

Old 08-06-2009, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
^ yeah I ended up painting the mesh black. Im not sure yet if I should paint the trim and leave the bevel edge polished. I'll play around with it...

Old 08-06-2009, 01:10 AM
5 Year Member
Wow those really came out nice, very well done. Are you going to have to fabricate a tray for the Kinetic or will it drop in? A good battery is a must for our cars with any serious audio project. Would really like to see some pics of what you do with the fuse block on the stock battery. Thinking about relocating mine, not really sure what I'm gonna do yet tho.
You're going full active from the HU right? Or are you planning on external processing like the Bitone.1 or the mythical ms-28 if it ever comes out.
Thanks, The battery will just be a drop in, nothing too special. I already have a plan about the factory batter terminal/fuse holder. I hope it works out.

I really like the Bit1 when I came out, but due to all the software problems, I'll stick with the DRZ internal processing for now. I would like to see Zapco's DSP-8 whenever it comes out....whenever that is

Old 08-06-2009, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
Completed sub grille:

I began the front MB grilles as well.

I 'm thinking of not polishing the bevel edge for the fronts, polishing them might be a bit much for the cabin. Im thinking of just clear coating them and as is (second pic)

I painted parts of the mesh black to see which I like more...I'm leaning towards black.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
i like the black! At first i was worried you might squish your speakers but i feel at ease now that i see a grille.. haha

I'm not very knowledgable to car audio but i do feel that most stereos miss alot of sound between the midbass and tweeter... I have a free diamond audio component system that i'll probably eventually use but i dont want to use the tweeters. They have metallic drivers and when they were on my cousins accord, i noticed that the sounds they produced were very harsh! I enjoy smooth treble and probably wouldnt stand that.

I guess i wanted to ask you, what would be the best way at going about this? Should i retire the component set altogether or find new tweeters and possibly a midbass and run seperate crossovers for them? I'm trying not to spend too much on it but a bad sound would anger me! Right now im just on the stock stereo with a 12' JL audio sub and JL Tweeters but the thing is the tweeters are either 1' or 0.75' so i think i lost alot of the middle range sounds Oh i also got a free Precision Power 4ch amp and i hear they're quite good i guess i'll see the day i throw on everything

Old 08-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by feared
for batt, kinetik makes one that can fit the fit, drop in for the GD at least, shouldnt be too diff for the GE

i've taken measurements, and i think the HC1200 fits and the HC1400R (reverse terminals so they're on the proper side)

i would double check the space you have.
Kinetiks are AMAZING! Im running 2 of them. The HC 1200 under the hood and the HC 800 in the back. I decided to switch to those after putting a HUGE stereo in mine.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:31 PM
nice job so far
any updates

Quick Reply: IASCA car audio install