2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Double din wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Double din wiring help

Im connecting the metra harness to my new pioneer double din harness..

Question:
On the metra harness I have left over a orange(illumination) wire and a blue/white(amp remote turn on) and on the pioneer I have a purple/white(reverse gear signal input) and a yellow/black mute wire.

Do these wires connect anywhere? Instructions don't say anything, help would be great.

The antenna adapter solid blue wire connects the the head unit blue/white auto antenna relay wire also correct?

Thanks guys.!!

Old 03-28-2012, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Speedlimitz
Im connecting the metra harness to my new pioneer double din harness..

Question:
On the metra harness I have left over a orange(illumination) wire and a blue/white(amp remote turn on) and on the pioneer I have a purple/white(reverse gear signal input) and a yellow/black mute wire.

Do these wires connect anywhere? Instructions don't say anything, help would be great.

The antenna adapter solid blue wire connects the the head unit blue/white auto antenna relay wire also correct?

Thanks guys.!!
Do they connect anywhere? Well, they do... if you have it.

The there are TWO illumination wires. One is for "dimmer" and the other is for the illumination (brightness) level (twisting that knob that you can press to switch from mpg/trip/odo in the instrument panel). Chances are good, your radio doesn't support brightness leveling. So, just tape it off so it doesn't short out on something and ignore it.

About the blue (amp) wire... if you're asking, then you probably don't have an amp to connect it to... so tape that off and ignore it too.

The purple/white wire needs to be wired to a signal wire in the car's harness (some sort of back up indicator), so that it can AUTOMATICALLY switch the screen to the rear camera when you start backing up. If you don't have a camera... tape/ignore. It's probably going to be a VERY long wire too... so decide if you're ever going to have a camera. If not, cut the whole chunk out (or pull it out of the harness if you want/can). I actually cut mine, but I do have plans to put connectors if I ever decide to use my cameras and need the wire.

Even if you have a backup camera, the wire is only for the radio to automatically switch screens. If you cut it, you can still manually switch screens (at least on my navi unit).

The mute wire is used to mute the radio when you are using your telephone. I forget what conditions are needed, but if you have a bluetooth phone paired to your radio... you can just (have you figured it out yet?)...

tape/ignore.

And yes, on the antenna...

Hum... do you have a kenwood navigation radio?

I have the Kenwood DNX9980HD

Old 03-28-2012, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
That thread helps alot thanks. I bought the pioneer avh DVD .

I have that same teal parking brake wire on my head units harness do you think I could set it up like yours to play DVDs all the time?

Old 03-28-2012, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
Rep'd

10 char

Old 03-29-2012, 07:23 AM
5 Year Member

I have that same teal parking brake wire on my head units harness do you think I could set it up like yours to play DVDs all the time?
I dunno... doesn't seem so

edit... various models actually have different methods. some pioneers need a relay/switch (supposedly)... others need a wire moved, THEN grounded. And also supposedly, a few still can't be bypassed because the use the speed info from the navigation.

Last edited by Goobers; 03-29-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:43 PM

Don't give up to easy. A google search for your particular model should reveal the answer.

Old 09-14-2016, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
talking about illumination wire on gk model, is there somebody who can told me what is the color or whate is the wire take to connect to my orange ( illumination wire ) on my alpine head unit

i have 2016 fite gk model

i found some photo but it was not clear

thanks