2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

"Automatic", One-Touch Window Roll Up Options

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 08:20 PM
"Automatic", One-Touch Window Roll Up Options

Tried searching for this but came up dry.

I just got a remote to operate the door locks on my base '09 Fit -- from Amazon $14 -- and it works great (I cut off the key and sanded stub flush).

Now, I'd like to install some sort of window roll up module that will close all four windows once the door lock remote is triggered with engine off (would prefer all windows to close simultaneously, but one at a time would be OK). Does such an electronic module exist for the Fit? Is any sort of electronic/electrical work around required?

Last edited by FTBT; 05-26-2019 at 08:20 PM. Reason: fix typo
Old 05-26-2019, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Might start by looking into how this works for the Accord. That's been a party trick on those since at least 2009.

Old 05-26-2019, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
I thought this was illegal in US cars. Maybe cars which have some sensor or feedback to prevent people from getting hurt from a closing window can have the option.

I have seen this option on many different cars overseas, so there may be a possibility to modify but there may be some programming gate you need to resolve.

Old 05-26-2019, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
Old 05-27-2019, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by Fiting
I thought this was illegal in US cars. Maybe cars which have some sensor or feedback to prevent people from getting hurt from a closing window can have the option.

I have seen this option on many different cars overseas, so there may be a possibility to modify but there may be some programming gate you need to resolve.
The first time I saw this was when I lived in Madrid. My friend (local guy) had it installed in his Accord. Worked great.

Old 05-27-2019, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by GolNat
There is this:

https://www.amazon.com/AutoLoc-Power...18713883&psc=1

My GTI has a similar feature with the remote but it does have the pinch detection also. I think my TL had it but not sure about the pinch protection.
I don't recall my '17 GTI having that functionality although I think it did have auto on front passenger side too, didn't it? With the GTI additional functionality could sometimes be had by having dealer program existing OEM electronic modules iirc, though.

Pinch detection works by sensing increased load on the motor (that's why window will retract on auto up if there is even abnormal amount of friction in window track) so this feature should not be difficult for any manufacturer of module to integrate.

I started going through the offerings on Amazon -- difficult to tell what will work on Fit. Also I do not want to start hacking into wiring harnesses. Would prefer some sort of plug and play type of system designed for Fit or Honda. So I am seeking Fit-specific info from someone who has done it already to their GE Fit.

Last edited by FTBT; 05-27-2019 at 10:41 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-27-2019, 11:05 AM
Looks like I posted this in wrong forum (not realizing that there was a specific sub-forum for 2nd gen interior mods).

Found this there: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ll-around.html

Above thread deals with modules activated by alarm fob, key question is whether such modules can be triggered by pressing lock button on door lock remote (not sure why some sort of work around couldn't be done involving relay or timed relay if necessary).

Old 05-28-2019, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FTBT
Looks like I posted this in wrong forum (not realizing that there was a specific sub-forum for 2nd gen interior mods).

Found this there: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ll-around.html

Above thread deals with modules activated by alarm fob, key question is whether such modules can be triggered by pressing lock button on door lock remote (not sure why some sort of work around couldn't be done involving relay or timed relay if necessary).
Yes that is similar too the kit I posted. Give it a (-) or (+) signal from some source and it will open/close the windows. It doesn't care what the source is.

Yes I programmed it on my GTI using a programmer. It has one touch up/down on both windows standard without programming.

Old 05-28-2019, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by GolNat
Yes that is similar too the kit I posted. Give it a (-) or (+) signal from some source and it will open/close the windows. It doesn't care what the source is.

Yes I programmed it on my GTI using a programmer. It has one touch up/down on both windows standard without programming.
I guess I'll check into the Directed Electronics offering(s). I don't know, maybe it's not such a big deal to close windows "manually" by using driver side switches.

Did you total your Fit and then get the GTI? That would be funny, because I did just the opposite. I was originally shopping for a Golf Sportswagen MT with AWD (for ski trips) but then made the mistake of test driving a GTI. All of a sudden the extra space in the wagon and the AWD didn't matter and I got the GTI. Eighteen months and 17k miles later some truck dropped a good portion of its asphalt load on the highway directly in front of my pristine GTI thus totaling car. Decided not to replace the GTI (own other fast cars) and got a used, low mileage Fit instead for my ski trips and daily winter driver. Am now wondering about getting another Fit to do a K24 swap into if that can be done in a reasonably inexpensive and practical matter.

Last edited by FTBT; 05-28-2019 at 05:47 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-28-2019, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FTBT
I guess I'll check into the Directed Electronics offering(s). I don't know, maybe it's not such a big deal to close windows "manually" by using driver side switches.
I would recommend the DEI unit as I know they make good stuff? I do love my one touch windows now that I have them.

Did you total your Fit and then get the GTI?
That's funny! Well a drunk driver totaled it for me but yes lol. I have always wanted a GTI but was always scared of owning a German car. Figured I should experience it myself and so far it has been pure driving bliss. I would not have gotten if if I was still commuting 60 miles a day because of the MPG and it's not Japanese so putting miles on it scares me lol. It is my only vehicle and with how easy it is to get power out of it makes it nice for someone like me with 2 young children, house and other grown up things. The MPG is not as good as the Fit's but the smiles per gallon is high . That sucks about your GTI but glad you were okay! The Fit is kinda GTIish just slower.

Guy ran a red light at an intersection with no lighting and didn't have his headlights on. Guy blew a .179. Bumps and bruises but walked away okay (until I have a mysterious sore back in 10 years).

Name:  7bX49aDl.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  86.0 KB