2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone able to get below invoice for 09 Manual Sport Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 05:31 PM
I paid exactly MSRP for an '09 Fit sport MT - no navi, no options. The dealer has $1995 market adjustments on them and people pay it all day here in central Florida. BTW - still waiting for the car!

Old 12-03-2008, 05:40 PM
I paid $550 above MSRP for my Fit Sport Manual Transmission in the Seattle area. Edmunds.com is saying the "True Market Price" in my area is $508 above msrp right now.

My friend got her Sport Automatic for around MSRP in my area, but... they made money on her trade in (gave her $200 for her trade when Kelley Blue Book said it was worth $1200 as a trade in) - she just didn't do her research first. She also financed through the dealer and I'm pretty sure they inflated her interest rate a bit (which is another way they make money, especially if people don't know what interest rate they should be able to qualify for). Anyways, if they give you a great price on the car they're gonna try and get their profit in other ways, especially if the customer is not prepared.....

Old 12-03-2008, 06:20 PM
paid below invoice for a fit auto sport last week, i dont see why you could not do the same for the manual

Old 12-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Thumbs up Below MSRP Invoice on Out the door

paid $500 below MSRP at Willett Honda in Georgia ,
pm me and I'll hook you up with the internet manager and I'll also get you $ 100 back from my referral .

Old 12-03-2008, 08:19 PM
It is nice to know that there are plenty of good deals out there.
I looking to purchase one this weekend and already got couple offers below invoices via e-mails. I thought it was too good to be true, but I guess not.
Thanks for good infos

Old 12-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Tork
BIG Congratulations, you only live about 1-10 miles from me btw. Like I said in your other thread, thought you would do your best in Crystal Lake or Lisle. I think Rosen has lost my business forever over the last deal buying my 09 where Lisle did so much better.
Welcome aboard
Mike
yea thanks for the crystal lake recommendation, at first i thought it was gonna be far, but it wasn't bad, and i'm glad i went
i was surprised at how many they had in stock...other dealers didn't even have one :P
the only reason i was going to go to rosen is cause they offered to do free car washes for life every saturday haha, i was like sweet! it's all good though, i just wish i didn't have to wait so long!

Old 12-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by DrPhyzx
Good job: that's rare. Did they stick you with any accessories? I was amazed at how much $$$ they make on that stuff. BTW, you might want to think about servicing elsewhere. I've heard some bad stories about Stevens Creek.

I made it really clear to the internet manager (the guy I was going through) that I didn't want any accessories... All that I was tagged with was wheel locks, although I now wish I had made them throw in some extra things for free if not cheap.

But I'll keep that in mind about servicing - any dealer you recommend? How is Ocean?

Old 12-03-2008, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
I "felt" like I got a good deal for 18,ooo for a TW sport MT/ with navi...

But I also liked the 6980 trade in for my 2000 Celica...

I feel it was fair for both the dealership and myself...

Lovin the Fit BTW...

Old 12-03-2008, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah but how much are most of you getting them out the Door?

Old 12-03-2008, 11:41 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by MugenAP2
Yeah but how much are most of you getting them out the Door?
17503....includes tax, service/doc fees, registration, no accessories or anything added on...

i got this price for my 09 tw manual sport yesterday

Old 12-04-2008, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Katums06
yea thanks for the crystal lake recommendation, at first i thought it was gonna be far, but it wasn't bad, and i'm glad i went
i was surprised at how many they had in stock...other dealers didn't even have one :P
the only reason i was going to go to rosen is cause they offered to do free car washes for life every saturday haha, i was like sweet! it's all good though, i just wish i didn't have to wait so long!
God is watching over you. That Fricken car wash at Rosen dented my wifes brand new Civic EX!!!! Then I had my 07 fit in the next week because the new tin heatshield on the exhaust manifold was in (it was buzzing/rattling) Had a sign on the dash "do not wash"
Well the bastids washed it and I had a dent in the same place top of the front wheel well! They fixed em with their dent doctor guy, but I waited and wasted a half day with each car.

I swear to God that is a true story or may I get struck down by lightening!

Last edited by Tork; 12-04-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:10 AM
God is watching over you. That Fricken car wash at Rosen dented my wifes brand new Civic EX!!!! Then I had my 07 fit in the next week because the new tin heatshield on the exhaust manifold was in (it was buzzing/rattling) Had a sign on the dash "do not wash"
Well the bastids washed it and I had a dent in the same place top of the front wheel well! They fixed em with their dent doctor guy, but I waited and wasted a half day with each car.

What a bummer :-( At my dealership you have to sign off on a carwash (releasing them from any liability should the car get scratched etc..). So they definitely don't wash the car unless you've signed for it. I NEVER let the dealer wash my car when I bring it in for service. My little Fit only gets washed by me or a good detail shop's hand wash :-)

I've heard many stories about dealerships scratching cars when they wash them... but it's really bad when they actually dent the car!

Old 12-05-2008, 12:12 AM

wow thanks for the warning :/

Old 12-05-2008, 03:11 AM
just out of curiosity what is the price you are paying in the US on avg, for your fit sports, Ive paid $33,300 nzd including on road cost which equals $17,738.65 USD. and our dollar is down at the moment, and honda nz is putting the price up in the next month by 5+ %

but for $17,738.65 USD. i get leather interior, mugen rear twin exhust bumper/side skirts/ honda,mugen front end, arm rest etc, but our dealers are charging a fortune for extras, just for side door molding protection $305usd, interior floor lighting $149usd and the list goes on.

will post pics as soon as it arrives on the 18/12/08

I will definitly be ordering extras from ebay

Old 12-05-2008, 05:26 AM
5 Year Member
everyone outside US gets better stuff. bar none....

the only thing we get is invisible.... safety features.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:57 AM
I got mine for $500 under MSRP with 2 sets of wheel locks, about 2 months ago. I'm not sure what they think I will do with 2 sets of wheel locks. Oh well.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:35 AM
5 Year Member
I paid $18,054 for my 09 MR 5MT w/Navi, but I also ordered all-season mats and the Honda wheels for 09 (Dealer told me they are a month or more out). With my trade and add-ons, $16,538 OTD. I like to think I got a good deal.