2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
View Poll Results: Kraftworks Super Charger of the 09+ GE Fit ....Yes or No
Yes!!....make the kit please..!!
88.02%
No thanks.... I love my stock GE Fit...
11.98%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No....Kraftwerks Super Charger 09+ GE Fit

Old 02-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Hasn't oscar been linked to this thread in the original thread?

Old 02-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Retired Moderator
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
Hasn't oscar been linked to this thread in the original thread?
I don`t belive so... ..

Old 02-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Well hes seen this thread https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/kraf...80-09-kit.html

And someone linked to this thread in that one...

Old 02-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Even if half the interested people purchase one...it's still 40 superchargers.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:00 PM
There's still not that much GE's on the road thats why they're still not interested! Give it a few months...

Last edited by OEMfit; 02-15-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
Even if they don't come out with a kit, you could always snag a centrifugal supercharger and become an at home engineer and put your thinking cap on!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:42 PM
I have lifetime powertrain warranty on my 09 FIT and would hate to lose that!!

Old 02-18-2009, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
C'mon GE owners, where y'all at?!?!? Even those who purchased the new fit for a real econo basis, fuel economy might actually improve! jes ask the GD3 owners that have the KW kit!

Old 02-18-2009, 09:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by OEMfit
There's still not that much GE's on the road thats why they're still not interested! Give it a few months...
Waiting for demand to increase on cars that are flying out of showrooms seems strange to me. Every domestic manufacturer is practically giving tehir cars away and people are still buying hondas. And where is the ingenuity and motivation that companies have shown for new compacts in the in previous years. In the past, circa 1999-2007, when a new car came out it seemed companies were all over them in time to have a show car ready for SEMA. Take for example every Scion, STi, Evolution, and Civic that has ever been sold. I mean even the domestic compacts like the SRT-4, Cobalt, and Solstice have had aftermarket support no more than a couple months after they hit dealerships.
I have seen a massive two GE show cars here in the states, and neither was rocking anything that impressive. And now we as a forum are having to practically beg for KW to bring out a kit. Tuning cars in the middle of a recession is going to be hard, but where is the love from our domestic parts manufacturers. We cant stimulate economic growth if American aftermarket manufacturers wont make anything worth buying.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:59 PM
i would LOVE a supercharger for my fit, put a few civics and celicas in their place on the track

Old 02-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Kittengolf
Waiting for demand to increase on cars that are flying out of showrooms seems strange to me.
Fo' realz. General patterns of market share dictate that first to market will claim 50% of the market, second will achieve 25%, third 12.5%, and so on. With proper marketing, of course.

So come on manufacturers!

Old 02-18-2009, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
The GD established itself well overseas. Heck I knew about it well before it ever came stateside. And I read how competent of a track car it was, and the tuning going on overseas, yadda yadda.
It made sense that when it finally arrived in late 06 to the US market, most of the overseas manufacturers would already have begun revamping their parts to fit the US specs, or since some parts fit without modification, they were already available when the cars drove off the lot. And, skunk2, kraftwerks/jackson racing, already all big in the Honda scene - had a no brainer in front of them.
Not so with the GE. I don't know specific timelines but the model was introduced in Japan not that far ahead of the U.S. Tuners there are still figuring it out. It's a new platform. Until we see a well established aftermarket support system from the Asian market, we won't see many companies stateside jump on the wagon.
Plus the GE may become just as popular as the GD is but it's new features, options, size, etc. are beginning to cater to demographics that are not shared by performance aftermarket companies (i.e. it's targeted at fuel use conscious commuters, families looking for an alternative to the minivan or midsized SUV, etc.) whereas the GD, while marketed as an economy fuel saver space maximizer type car, the tuner demographic was already WELL aware of it's off road/race capabilities. The GE doesn't have that pedigree yet. Sure Mugen and Spoon and J's grabbed them up and are working on them but like mentioned above nothing substantial has come up - YET.
I'm sure if kraftwerks doesn't manufacture a kit, expect to see some turbo setups in the coming years, once they can get around all he sophisticated electronics.

But, in the end - I'm all for the GE owners to get in on the fun. (but knowing boost is fun is hypothetical since I've yet to experience it)

Old 02-19-2009, 04:13 AM
5 Year Member
Well I've seen about 8 new GE's in the last few days with no plates yet like mine. With the demand and immediate success of this car, I would like to see this.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:03 PM
I don't see how turbo applications will become available for the GE8. The thing about the Kraftwerks kit is that it is basically plug and play, and it is well supported by the company. This is my daily driver, and I would ONLY consider a Kraftwerks SC kit. They have built a nice name for themself on this forum.

Also, I can't plug ang play with a turbocharger when the head has an intergrated exhaust manifold. So eff that.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:34 PM
would i have to get a reflash if i supercharged my fit? or is it literally plug and play? because the only hondata is 10 hours away..

Old 02-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Retired Moderator
It looks like the GE Fit guys need to chime in here and e-mail them direct..... since this might be the only way this is ever going to happen.....

Old 02-22-2009, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
would also need an LSD... and suspension to go with it. by then, why not just get a Civic Si? Though, the Civic Si may lack the utility...

Old 02-22-2009, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by s2ktaxi
would also need an LSD... and suspension to go with it. by then, why not just get a Civic Si? Though, the Civic Si may lack the utility...
Loses the whole flash of winning when its not in a car the other guy pointed and laughed at.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by s2ktaxi
Cause civics are ugly. Why would you need an LSD and suspension for ~150whp. These are just bolt on and go for GD's.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
It looks like the GE Fit guys need to chime in here and e-mail them direct..... since this might be the only way this is ever going to happen.....
+1 on that!!!

So GE owners, please find sometime to personally call/e-mail/contact Oscar Jr. @ Kraftwerks and express your interest!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Yes or No....Kraftwerks Super Charger 09+ GE Fit