2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
View Poll Results: 09' Fit owners - Male or Female?
Male
87.41%
Female
15.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

09' owners - male or female?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 12:12 PM
I've seen a a dog driving a fit, but I think maybe his/her face just looks like a dog to me.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:12 PM
FEMALE

Old 02-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
One vote for male here!

I could care less what all the hicks with their V8's and trucks in Ohio think about me.

They are all the ones on welfare because they spend all their money on gas.
That reminds me. What's the best place to mount a gun rack in a Fit?

Old 02-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by rosswond

I've got mine under the magic seats..

Old 02-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by rosswond
I think it depends on which firearm I might want to transport and how they are mounted. I think I could install two seat back mounted soft racks that would allow me to mount six. If I fold the rear seat bum surface upwards I think I could stack quite a few long guns and/or handguns in their factory boxes/cases for transport to a gunshow.

To carry a Barret Model 99 or the like .50 caliber rifle, I think I would fold down the back seats and the front passenger seat to make certain that it would fit within the vehicle plus be able to secure it better.

I should mention that I am a licensed Class 01 Federal Firearms Licensee and thus why I mentioned the above. From my standpoint I view the options as how much product I can drive to a gun show for retail sales.

As for needing to compensate for something, I am happy to drive whatever is practical. Both my 2000 Ford F-150 (currently own) and a 2009 Honda Fit Sport (in the process of purchasing) fit the bill, though the F-150 has twice the payload capacity of the fit so I can pick up more weight from my wholesale distributors than with the Fit. Though the Fit would maneuver better to fit where the loading doors are located for most of the gun shows I sell at.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
dude here hahah

Old 02-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Just stuff some socks in your pants and you'll be good.
Or maybe hang some really big truck balls from the rear.

J/k Please don't do either of these

Old 02-13-2009, 05:05 PM
all cats are female... all dogs are male... all internet users are dirty old men...

Old 02-13-2009, 10:41 PM
08 dude right here too

Old 02-14-2009, 08:58 AM
5 Year Member
just mod it a little bit and it will no longer be such a chick car.. even just tinting the windows goes a long way

Old 02-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit2Bleed
Hey there
I'm pretty new here, don't currently own a Fit but am considering getting
one. I remember seeing a study last year that something like 80% of the
people that bought 08' Fits were female. I'm male and a little apprehensive
about buying a "chick car". Though, I really like the car a lot
and by the time I'm done with exterior mods I think it'll be damn sexy.
Were you asking if we thought it was a dude car or chick car? Or if we are male or female?

I'm female.

I think the car is an "anybody" car. And that is part of the attraction TO the car. The Honda Magic. It's not just about the seats, Honda has had a way of creating a substantial number of models that work for EVERYONE.

In the Fit/Jazz Wiki entry, it says this:

" The general market of Honda Jazz is student, urban-people, and small family who need small, fuel-efficient, and trendy car. "

Honda Fit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That, to me, is six different categories. I mean, you can want a smaller car, but that car might not be fuel-efficient or trendy. You can want a trendy car, but the car isn't fuel-efficient or small. You can want a fuel-efficient car, but the car isn't small or trendy.

And you can be a student and not have a small family or be in an urban area. And so on.

THAT is the Honda Magic.

You can read about the psychology behind who drives what cars here:

Men:
http://www.egmcartech.com/2008/05/16...-male-drivers/

Women:
http://www.egmcartech.com/2008/05/05...iven-by-women/

What I pick out of the section on women that is a very good point to make:

---
Women generally demand more from their vehicles than men do and are more particular about a broader range of criteria. “There is a significant amount of overlap between what women and men want in car design,” says Tim Greig, interior design manager for General Motors Global Design. “What I’ve noticed in our market research, however, is that women tend to not only see the big picture but pay close attention to the details as well.”
---

I'm thinking that the FIT attracts both men and women, because the men that purchase the vehicle have that eye for detail. The women find that the car fulfills their needs without modification. AND the men on this site seem to use the FIT as a STARTING POINT for modification.

Right?

YOU get to decide what you want to do to the car to make it your OWN. It has a creative element that other cars don't have.

If you look at the guy's list, the prices would be through roof. They don't get modified. And notice what it says about the guy cars:

---
When it comes to cars, men want to be seen — and heard. Specifically, they want to be seen in a vehicle that others can’t have, says Milton Pedraza of the Manhattan-based Luxury Institute.
---

Isn't that sort of what people do when they modify? They create their own individual car.

And my original perception of the car, when I first saw it advertised years ago was that it was a young guy's car. Even the section on Honda.com for the FIT is guyish. I don't want to conquer the world, I just want to get to the store for groceries. And frankly the conquer the world and menacing looks and edgy styling mentioned at Honda.com made me think that the FIT was not for an older woman. 2009 Honda Fit - the Official Honda Web Site

The reviews I had read about the car on many sites, done by guys, made it sound like a guy car too. I was really surprised when I looked up those links just now to see that a lot of women have the car.

I was vaguely worried about "driving a guy car". Seriously! But being a rebel, LOL, I decided I didn't care what anyone thought about an older woman driving a young guy car, I was going to have that car. It made perfect sense for me. And it still does.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
I just bought my new 09 Fit Sport with Navigation and VSA and I think it one of the best cars i have owned. I traded in an 03 Passat and while I will miss it the Fit is every bit as fun in it's own way. I am a male.