2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GE fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 12:58 PM
If my way overpriced (but sweet sounding) Mugen ever goes bad, I won't hesitate to go with the straight pipe.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Hmm....

I may have to try that....

Old 06-14-2011, 06:04 PM
bought my springs today! eibach sportlines ftw!

Old 06-15-2011, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
Freaking CKP- crankshaft position decided to take a shit on me today. Would put me into mega ultra limp mode (virtually no fuel, can't go above 30 mph) every mile on the way home, requiring a restate to get me back into normal limp mode (rev limited to 3k). To make matters worse I got pulled over by a cop for "lane usage and having headlights off" I explained Ckp was dead and needed to restate engine and little battery could go dead very quickly with headlights on and engine off. He just looked at me like a retard an wrote me a warning. So be it, I guess he needs to make it look like he actually did something while he was on patrol tonight.

Just stuck in my second ckp sensor from the second engine and all is well now. Thank goodness for having doubles of every engine part.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Took her to the dealer and got my AC fixed, only took them about 90 minutes

Turns out an O-ring in one of the hoses was crimped which allowed the coolant to leak out. Now my AC will freeze me out if I turn the blower all the way up, before it produced no cold air

the service manager said the vent temperature 39*, I believe it, it fogged up my windows

Old 06-16-2011, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
Ordered my injen cai/sri intake. Should be here in 3 days or so. Can't wait to get it on

Old 06-16-2011, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Ordered my injen cai/sri intake. Should be here in 3 days or so. Can't wait to get it on
You'll love it! Makes the car so much louder lol. What're you going for, SRI or CAI?

Old 06-16-2011, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
You'll love it! Makes the car so much louder lol. What're you going for, SRI or CAI?
CAI for sure. SRI in the winter. Gotten all my school stuff paid for. Time to start modding. Tires and rims next, then brakes, exhaust, AEM FIC, then hopefully the supercharger sometime in December.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Had a friend install the OEM center console for me. Only took him an hour. lol.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
installed yakima roof rack w. fairing. getting ready to slap on the bike rack and bike this weekend!

Old 06-16-2011, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JJIN
installed yakima roof rack w. fairing. getting ready to slap on the bike rack and bike this weekend!
Caint wait ta c pix...

Oh! and this JJIN..all carbon fiber?
coming soon: mugen grill, JDP lip, spoiler, hood

Last edited by vinnymac; 06-17-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
Changed oil @ 20k miles.
Changed air filer to K&N Drop in.
Changed cabin air filter.
Plasti diped rear valence black.
Plasti diped oem rims black.

Last edited by brEAd; 06-17-2011 at 06:16 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-17-2011, 09:56 PM
rimmmmmmzzz flix will follow

Old 06-18-2011, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
Today, I barely avoided getting slammed in the face by the airbag.

I was returning to the restaurant from a delivery. I'm driving south along Sheridan and coming up on an S-curve... a blind one (due to the homes and bushes), at South Ave in Glencoe.

Just as I round the first curve, I notice a guy in an SUV coming out of a drive way, turning onto my lane. I can't slam my brakes, because there's a guy following me through the curve (again, blind, so he wouldn't have time as we're both going about 40 mph into the curve, par for the course). I cautiously brake and proceed to honk at the guy... hoping for the love of all things, that he would stop and NOT come into the lane.

Does he listen?... yes he does! But only after he's stopped perfectly blocking BOTH lanes. MUDDA FUDDA.

I had hoped that if he was going to be an ass about it, he would at least finish pulling into the lane, so I could swerve to his left, into oncoming lanes no less, and pray there's no oncoming car. But he didn't.

At this point, I wasn't sure what the Fit would do if I slammed the brakes any harder. I hadn't tested out the grip of the Conti DWS tires... but I wasn't feeling like testing it now. So, I ran with the assumption that I would most likely trigger the ABS and slam into the guy. Of course, I barely remembered that there was a guy behind me... so if I had been able to stop, it wouldn't have left much room for him.

Not knowing what else to do... I forced myself into the curb... half the car up the grass and around the guy.

By the time I looked back, the guy that was following me... was a few feet from the SUV (maybe he didn't feel like braking too much harder though).

There are bits of rubber on the very edge of the wheel, feels like the rubber from the tire got squished onto the wheel from the impact with the curb... maybe it's the sealant that got squeezed out onto the wheel. But, I think the slightly lighter weight on the wheel and tire avoided smashing the wheel into the curb (as I've already done with the stock wheels).

In my adrenaline fueled shock... I didn't think about stopping. I just had it in my mind to get the hell away from this a-hole.

My body went into full shock after getting to the restaurant... wouldn't stop shaking for about 2 hours.

I'm counting my lucky stars... that I didn't smash into that idiot (or generally do more damage to my car).

Old 06-18-2011, 04:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinnymac
Caint wait ta c pix...

Oh! and this JJIN..all carbon fiber?
coming soon: mugen grill, JDP lip, spoiler, hood
Yes vinny all those JDP pieces will be in glorious carbon fiber. im also contemplating on doing a gloss black vinyl roof so that my fit will have a dark/black center and white sides look. i dont know... just some ideas.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JJIN
Yes vinny all those JDP pieces will be in glorious carbon fiber. im also contemplating on doing a gloss black vinyl roof so that my fit will have a dark/black center and white sides look. i dont know... just some ideas.
I think the dark/black and white sides look would raise you to the next level
However, that would make me jealous of your ryde...

Old 06-20-2011, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
there must be a sign around me...

... that says "kill me." Or something to that effect.

So, Saturaday, I went out to help my friend move. Actually, it was more of my friend and his fiancee moving from their separate locations into their new home.

Anyway, I took the day off from work. On Friday, if you scroll up a few posts... I avoided an accident.

Guess what happened today/Sunday!

Almost had a head on with a lady that pulled out of her parking spot. Again, I had to swerve to my right to clear her... cause again, I'm too freaking close to stop in time. This time, I didn't bounce myself up the curb. =.='

TWO work days in a row...

I just don't get it... I mean, am I REALLY an idiot magnet?!? Do I project some kind of aura or emit some sort of chemical that makes people do stupid, fucked up things around/TO me?!?

I get people trying to slam into me on the road. People speeding up to pace me, or usually worse, to cut me off and brake in front of me on the highway, out of seemingly nowhere. WHY MUST YOU BRAKE?!? There's no one there, and the exit is still far away. More idiots that block me... they refuse to speed up/slow down or lane change... NEED to make a moving road block. Only after I pass them, they THEN chase me. This guy in the express lanes of the Kennedy was going 60 in front of me... eventually the guy next to him slowed down enough for me to squeeze past. Once I pass him, I blow 80 to get away from him... but when I look into my mirror, he's on my tail, until he nearly rear-ends me a mile or two later (traffic slowed down).

It doesn't matter what I drive... or how I drive. I could be in a Corvette rushing around Chicago for my sister's wedding (way back in '97)... in the Vette crusing around San Diego at a nice leisurely pace. I can be in a Mirage, frantically trying to avoid rush hour to pick up my nephew... or hopping up to LA to visit a friend. Hell, I could be in a huge ass minivan, going gently cause I have my little nieces in there, or shopping for supplies for the restaurant.

It never fails. Some stupid ass shit will happen.

I mean, really? Up until Friday, my friend used to tell me, I'm blowing things out of proportion... Friday's antics convinced him otherwise (and he wasn't even in the car). I know small things happen to everyone, but this, this is just too much.

WHAT THE FUCKING HELL?!?!?!?

Old 06-20-2011, 03:42 AM
5 Year Member
Damn Goobers. You really have some shit luck. Friday was crap for me too until about 11:30 that night.

Discovered the symptoms of a busted cv joint that morning. Called Honda, they were packed out the ass and couldnt get me in till 11:30 am on Monday (in 9 hours). Tried to take off my front tires to check it myself and make sure, but the front lugs were torqued to hell and back and I ended up shattering my iPhone in the process of trying to take them off. Almost got rear ended by a bitch in a Lexus on the way to the apple store because she didn't want to go behind me to get off on her exit, she wanted to speed around me, slam on the brakes, and then get onto the off ramp.

Ended up saying eff it all and went to New orleans for the majority of the weekend. That effed up my sleep schedule as you can tell. Got physics in 6 hours or so. Then get to take my car in and hopefully have it fixed up. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my intake to come in tomorrow so I have a nice end to the day.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Damn Goobers. You really have some shit luck. Friday was crap for me too until about 11:30 that night.

Discovered the symptoms of a busted cv joint that morning. Called Honda, they were packed out the ass and couldnt get me in till 11:30 am on Monday (in 9 hours). Tried to take off my front tires to check it myself and make sure, but the front lugs were torqued to hell and back and I ended up shattering my iPhone in the process of trying to take them off. Almost got rear ended by a bitch in a Lexus on the way to the apple store because she didn't want to go behind me to get off on her exit, she wanted to speed around me, slam on the brakes, and then get onto the off ramp.

Ended up saying eff it all and went to New orleans for the majority of the weekend. That effed up my sleep schedule as you can tell. Got physics in 6 hours or so. Then get to take my car in and hopefully have it fixed up. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my intake to come in tomorrow so I have a nice end to the day.
I've been thinking of doing a road trip later this summer... and right now, I feel like just taking off early and wander around the US... starting with Canada! I have a friend near NYC, some relatives in TX and more family in Cali... so, it's gonna be a LONG trip.

And I plan on doing it alone. Which is kinda scaring me... that's a long time and a lot of mile... can I do it? hum...

Originally Posted by sexysallyhoffer13
Hi Everyone
I'm new to This forum
it is great to join this Forum, hope i'm welcome in
Welcome to the forums... what did you do to your Fit today? admire its cleanliness before it gets dirty from use? haha, I did that. But now, its dirty.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I just got back an hour ago from a LONG rather aimless drive. I got into a "fight" with my mom, because she wants me to drive her to the doctor... this particular task is better suited for my sister, if you get my drift... cause she doesn't. Hell, even my sister understood, which is a bit of a miracle.

Anyway... I hit 100 mph twice on the highway, without realizing I was speeding that much. You know what they say... don't drive angry. I drove from Old Orchard Mall ("OOM" is north of Chicago)... all the way to the first rest area on the I-57, took the next exit and headed west until I hit the 53, and took that north, which turned out to be Historic Route 66 for a while. I took that ALL the way up north to Golf and then took Golf back to OOM.

I put almost 3 hours and about 160 miles on my car... for that.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
I just got back an hour ago from a LONG rather aimless drive. I got into a "fight" with my mom, because she wants me to drive her to the doctor... this particular task is better suited for my sister, if you get my drift... cause she doesn't. Hell, even my sister understood, which is a bit of a miracle.

Anyway... I hit 100 mph twice on the highway, without realizing I was speeding that much. You know what they say... don't drive angry. I drove from Old Orchard Mall ("OOM" is north of Chicago)... all the way to the first rest area on the I-57, took the next exit and headed west until I hit the 53, and took that north, which turned out to be Historic Route 66 for a while. I took that ALL the way up north to Golf and then took Golf back to OOM.

I put almost 3 hours and about 160 miles on my car... for that.
I wish i could have done that last night. I was just worried my cv joint would decide to kapütt out in the middle of nowhere as would be my luck.

Oh well. Tonight, it's on!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GE fit today?